NO MORE Masks while boarding!!!

wemjam

5 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

please be respectful to any person who chooses to wear masks on the ship, off the ship, walking past in the parking garage etc…

AND it really isn’t anybody’s business but their own.  

Funny how now that the tables (protocols) have turned, 'it really isn't anybody's business'.  

I don't know of anyone who has critiqued the '5%'ers' w/ the recent common sense changes.   Nice to see that in action instead of just catchy word phrases.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

😷😷😷 Yes.  And, please be respectful to any person who chooses to wear masks on the ship, off the ship, walking past in the parking garage etc…

Think first, “I really don’t know the reason(s) why this person has a mask on.”  AND it really isn’t anybody’s business but their own.  Keep your own side of the street clean.

Why have social manners seem to have disappeared in America?  I’m 64, and we taught our son life lessons by word and action on how to treat people.  

As many of you know our son worked on Carnival ships before & shortly after Covid. He left the ship life. Me & his Dad were very sad to hear how some Carnival guests spoke about “the mask” rule. Just downright mean words directed at him. ???? 😧

I hope Mark is doing well in whatever he is now involved in after his Carnival employment. And thank you for all the sharing of his experiences you did on these boards 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Funny how now that the tables (protocols) have turned, 'it really isn't anybody's business'.  

I don't know of anyone who has critiqued the '5%'ers' w/ the recent common sense changes.   Nice to see that in action instead of just catchy word phrases.

This isn't the first time protocols turned. Probably not the last. Cruising restarted with no masks, then masks, now no masks. Watch this space.

• Like 1

It's still about the choices that we all choose to make. If you choose to go mask-less then hopefully you will remain ok. I will keep my mask on no matter what to continue to protect my family and myself. When the corporations stop making more mask than cars each day then I will re-consider my decision.      

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

😷😷😷 Yes.  And, please be respectful to any person who chooses to wear masks on the ship, off the ship, walking past in the parking garage etc…

Think first, “I really don’t know the reason(s) why this person has a mask on.”  AND it really isn’t anybody’s business but their own.  Keep your own side of the street clean.

Why have social manners seem to have disappeared in America?  I’m 64, and we taught our son life lessons by word and action on how to treat people.  

As many of you know our son worked on Carnival ships before & shortly after Covid. He left the ship life. Me & his Dad were very sad to hear how some Carnival guests spoke about “the mask” rule. Just downright mean words directed at him. ???? 😧

Thank you for your heartfelt commentary. Need more of this in this Country. Also you have a brave son. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

It is classic.  The same small group on here who demanded people submit to whatever ridiculous mandates were thrown out now ask for respect for their individual choices.

• Like 11

I have never seen a person being disrespectful to a person just because they were wearing a mask.   Maybe the people who wear masks are fearful that they will be treated as the people who chose not to wear masks were sometimes treated, but that won't be the case.  I think the majority of people prefer personal freedom and don't demand that other people do as they do.

I have a high risk relative who is vaccinated, boosted, and got covid.  He doesn't wear masks anymore.  He is just more careful about close contact.  But if he did choose to wear a mask, I would be supportive of his choice.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Trueblueky said:

Just off the Pride in Tampa today. Ship said wear a mask during debarkation. Passengers complied.

I'm curious to know why they would do that when Carnival's website was changed several days ago to reflect that masks are now optional in the terminals.

• Like 2

"It's still about the choices that we all choose to make."

"Funny how now that the tables (protocols) have turned, 'it really isn't anybody's business'. " 

So very happy to see all these commentaries about the personal right to make our own choices!!!  We should all remember that, always...

• Like 2

If people want to wear masks on the ship, they can. I have not worn a mask unless it’s legally required or a doctors office since 5/20. I have never seen a person without a mask say anything to a person with a mask. I have seen the opposite. And go look on you tube for tons of videos of self appointed mask police getting on people.

Anyone getting on a ship wearing a cloth mask, who would not get on if they couldn’t wear a mask, probably should not cruise. That’s not to say they can’t wear a mask. It’s to say that mask won’t stop the virus like they are hoping.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Doing nothing has been proven to not stop the virus, and given that many people have contracted the virus multiple times, herd immunity with never be achieved. The only option left is mitigation.

The mitigation needs to be done on an individual basis. The data clearly shows that mask mandates have done nothing to stop the spread.

And I’m glad that Carnival has decided to let individuals decide what’s best for them. If people feel like wearing a mask will protect them, they can. It’s pretty simple.

• Like 4

Just off the Carnival Legend yesterday in Baltimore and we had to wear masks to debark. Once off the ship you are not on Carnival anymore - you are in the port and that is US federal agency.  They require the masks - just like on other transportation (planes, etc.).  

2 minutes ago, CruisingAgain said:

Just off the Carnival Legend yesterday in Baltimore and we had to wear masks to debark. Once off the ship you are not on Carnival anymore - you are in the port and that is US federal agency.  They require the masks - just like on other transportation (planes, etc.).  

Except the court ruling is that US federal agency cannot require a mask, which is why they're no longer required on other transportation like planes. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CruisingAgain said:

Just off the Liberty this morning, no masks required in the terminal.

I had inquired, prior to our departure last week, to Port Canaveral regarding the policies in the terminal (#3 in this case). They did reply, but a bit late:

Each cruise line has their own mask protocols when they have control of the terminal.

Tom

12 minutes ago, Cruisegirl1919 said:

Except the court ruling is that US federal agency cannot require a mask, which is why they're no longer required on other transportation like planes. 

There are tin-pot dictators all along the chain. While the TSA might not require masks at the terminal you have local terminal managers and local governments who are quite willing to act illegally until a court tells THEM to stop it. As a practical matter, is it worth it to take them to court? If someone thinks so they can go ahead and do it but it will probably be a moot point by the time the case is heard.

Unfortunately we live in a time in which illegality on the part of government officials is accepted.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, CruisingAgain said:

Were you instructed by the ship to wear them, or did they tell you in the terminal? Carnival has changed their own website to reflect that masks are recommended (not mandatory) in all embarkation/debarkation terminals - and I'm sure they would not have changed the wording if every terminal did not apply.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, icft said:

There are tin-pot dictators all along the chain. While the TSA might not require masks at the terminal you have local terminal managers and local governments who are quite willing to act illegally until a court tells THEM to stop it. As a practical matter, is it worth it to take them to court? If someone thinks so they can go ahead and do it but it will probably be a moot point by the time the case is heard.

Unfortunately we live in a time in which illegality on the part of government officials is accepted.

Exactly!  We've all been told that terminals and airports are federal property that must follow federal rules (local rules do not apply).  They have used that rule to pass the buck to the feds all this time - now they want to say only local rules apply and ignore the feds. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Exactly!  We've all been told that terminals and airports are federal property that must follow federal rules (local rules do not apply).  They have used that rule to pass the buck to the feds all this time - now they want to say only local rules apply and ignore the feds. 

Not exactly. When the court tossed the mask mandate at the Federal level, it falls back to the states. It's the law.

1 hour ago, Hoosierpop said:

The mitigation needs to be done on an individual basis. The data clearly shows that mask mandates have done nothing to stop the spread.

And I’m glad that Carnival has decided to let individuals decide what’s best for them. If people feel like wearing a mask will protect them, they can. It’s pretty simple.

That is how Carnival restarted cruising last summer. Then came Delta and then came Omicron and the sequel. Masks come and go following the science and data, not individual choice. When another wave of the virus hits, look for masks to return. It is exactly what the data clearly shows.

• Like 2