NO MORE Masks while boarding!!!

wemjam

Had Covid, received two original shots, got boosted, getting 2nd booster in a couple weeks and I know it is possible we still could get it!  As someone suffering from a long-term autoimmune response more than a year after having Covid, because of Covid, I am happy knowing people I am cruising with had to test - and am more than willing to do it myself.  Even that isn't 100%, but it most certainly helps identify potential exposure for all 3000+ people all together on the ship.  

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Since you live in CA, you are used to strict mandates.  Those of us who live in other parts of the country have been mask-free for some time now and are used to living like normal.  People who want to wear masks are free to do so.  The rest of us have the freedom to decide for ourselves.

Anyone who cruises now will need to get used to people in the theaters not wearing masks.  But maybe California cruises still require them on the ships.  I don't know.  

It is amazing how different the perspective is in California.  Most of the country has moved on and dropped all the protocols.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Since you live in CA, you are used to strict mandates.  Those of us who live in other parts of the country have been mask-free for some time now and are used to living like normal.  People who want to wear masks are free to do so.  The rest of us have the freedom to decide for ourselves.

Not at the Long Beach cruise terminal you don't. 

On 4/22/2022 at 11:00 AM, ray98 said:

Good news....one more step in rolling back all these ridiculous requirements.

Close to a million people dead and the requirements that kept it from being a lot more dead were ridiculous?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

As an L.A. County resident, it been around 2 years we’ve been wearing masks. Or at least I have. 😷 I just don’t feel as safe without one in groups of people. Yes, I’m in the minority too!  

I have a pre-existing condition that raises the risk of long term effects of Covid. Per my GP at Kaiser.  I have serious concerns if the country’s No Mask Needed was Political or Medical.

🛳🛳

Bobbi

If you read the actual decision, it was not based on politics or medicine, it was based on legality. It was determined that the CDC over-reached in their authority, and in reading the decision it is hard to argue that point no matter which side of the masking debate you are on.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

I guess I will never understand why safety stopped being a priority for so many individuals?    

Because the virus became far less lethal, and continues to be less lethal as it continues to mutate?...

1 hour ago, ScottsSweetie said:

If you read the actual decision, it was not based on politics or medicine, it was based on legality. It was determined that the CDC over-reached in their authority, and in reading the decision it is hard to argue that point no matter which side of the masking debate you are on.

Yup.  You can point at the judge or who appointed her, but the arguments appear fairly solid if you're a textualist.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rudyard said:

You spelled "pharma exec needs a new beach house" wrong

It's looking like they're going to recommend boosters ad nauseam until the funding completely dries up, which it's looking like is going to be sooner than later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScottsSweetie said:

As I recall, there was no testimony of any kind. The judge's opinion is only that - it is not absolute and I expect there will be an appeal of her overreach, although I doubt for the current masking situation.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AQW said:

Not at the Long Beach cruise terminal you don't. 

Just disembarked Panorama this morning and was not hounded to mask up like on embarkation. No one said a thing. Even on embarkation (last Saturday), many had their masks below their noses to breath easy (many employees too) and no one was going around being the mask police. There was a lady at the end of the gangway, once you step aboard, reminding folks to mask up but most just put it on for a few seconds to appease her and removed it a few seconds later. It's not as bad some make it and I get the sense that they don't like being the task maters foisting this masking police nonsense on them. Cruising is pretty much back to normal!  

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

As I recall, there was no testimony of any kind. The judge's opinion is only that - it is not absolute and I expect there will be an appeal of her overreach, although I doubt for the current masking situation.

Ah, so you believe that the judge has overreached. I expect the appeals court will be looking to the CDC for proof that the virus is being spread on such transportation and in such transportation hubs - and I don't think those studies exist. There needs to be hard evidence as to why masking should continue here while it is dropped everywhere else.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Ah, so you believe that the judge has overreached. I expect the appeals court will be looking to the CDC for proof that the virus is being spread on such transportation and in such transportation hubs - and I don't think those studies exist. There needs to be hard evidence as to why masking should continue here while it is dropped everywhere else.

I think the judge ruled from Day 1 masking was overreach, which was clearly an overreach. There were clearly some cases spread on airplanes.

In any event, an appeals court will likely have testimony, which this judge didn't think was of value.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I think the judge ruled from Day 1 masking was overreach, which was clearly an overreach. There were clearly some cases spread on airplanes.

In any event, an appeals court will likely have testimony, which this judge didn't think was of value.

As there were clearly some cases spread on cruise ships - on which passengers are no longer required to wear masks. 

4 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

As there were clearly some cases spread on cruise ships - on which passengers are no longer required to wear masks. 

Have any of the people here talking about the court case read the case?

The judge is attacked here for not thinking testimony was necessary. In fact both sides in the case ASKED the judge to rule without testimony as both sides agreed that it was purely a question of law. It is called summary judgment.

The judge is accused of overreach. Note that this case is on the same statute that the government lost on with regard to its claims the statute allowed the CDC to shut down the cruise industry and allowed the government to prevent evictions. The government lost in both of those cases. The same logic involved in those government losses was applied by the judge in this case. Hardly overreach by one judge.

Some here want to argue about how effective masks are. That was not an issue in this case and should not have been an issue. The issue was, did congress give the power to require masks to the CDC? If not, then the CDC does not have the power to enact laws on its own and the CDC mandate is not legally binding on anyone. It does not matter how good something a bureaucracy does if it is done illegally. From the Constitution's point of view dictators who usurp the powers of elected government can not be allowed no matter how much good they do.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The CDC is the means by which public health laws are enforced. The CDC doesn't create laws, they create policy.

Some want to try cases in the court of public opinion which is not a court of any kind. If the DOJ appeals, I can wait for a real verdict.

Was the other case mentioned ever finalized or did it go away as being moot?

23 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

While Carnival may have made mask wearing optional (although highly recommended) please be respectful towards shore side staff and ship crew members who will still be masked up.

😷😷😷 Yes.  And, please be respectful to any person who chooses to wear masks on the ship, off the ship, walking past in the parking garage etc…

Think first, “I really don’t know the reason(s) why this person has a mask on.”  AND it really isn’t anybody’s business but their own.  Keep your own side of the street clean.

Why have social manners seem to have disappeared in America?  I’m 64, and we taught our son life lessons by word and action on how to treat people.  

As many of you know our son worked on Carnival ships before & shortly after Covid. He left the ship life. Me & his Dad were very sad to hear how some Carnival guests spoke about “the mask” rule. Just downright mean words directed at him. ???? 😧

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

The CDC is the means by which public health laws are enforced. The CDC doesn't create laws, they create policy.

Some want to try cases in the court of public opinion which is not a court of any kind. If the DOJ appeals, I can wait for a real verdict.

Was the other case mentioned ever finalized or did it go away as being moot?

image.png.50a08eb6a32c03ab73176e02dc5288da.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2