Anyone expecting changes to Diamond, Diamond + and Pinnacle drink vouchers?

13 minutes ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

There is no such thing as "way too strong", just say'n.

I had my first Dublin Ice Tea yesterday at the Lime & Coconut bar onboard the Odyssey of the Seas.......my liver said "Waaaaay too strong".:classic_cool::classic_smile::classic_blink:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

There is no such thing as "way too strong", just say'n.

There is for some of us. Alcohol isn’t a part of my life.  Not a judgment in any way, just a fact. I do enjoy a few drinks on a cruise. Guess it is something you could work on accepting 😉

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

There is for some of us. Alcohol isn’t a part of my life.  Not a judgment in any way, just a fact. I do enjoy a few drinks on a cruise. Guess it is something you could work on accepting 😉

I don't care if anyone does or doesn't so I guess I am accepting. As fof myself, I enjoy my cocktails on a cruise.

Cheers!

19 minutes ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

I don't care if anyone does or doesn't so I guess I am accepting. As fof myself, I enjoy my cocktails on a cruise.

Cheers!

Good to hear, it did seem odd for someone to care if I didn’t want a very strong cocktail 👍🏼 

Edited by AlohaLivin

25 minutes ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

Cheers!

But they have to be 'drinkable'

I've had way to many that were to strong. There is a recipe you know 😉 

• Like 3

On 4/27/2022 at 8:39 PM, jalves said:

I don't see any changes coming anytime soon.  They want to continue to encourage their most faithful cruisers as the industry recovers.  

I concur completely - the D, D+ and P's are continuing to book, sail, and re-book.   Don't mess with your loyal clients at this time.  

If you want to help us out - get rid of the pre-cruise testing!  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Just wondering where the evidence of the changes for drinks is coming from?  Is this someone on board?  Is it from a TA?  Is it something a crew member said?  

Where did this originate?

This is CC….absolutely no evidence. Like most other discussions, it’s all speculation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Just wondering where the evidence of the changes for drinks is coming from?  Is this someone on board?  Is it from a TA?  Is it something a crew member said?  

Where did this originate?

“Evidence”, that’s a good one. 

welcome to the “speculate and knee jerk” discussion boards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I suspect with new voucher system some of the D/D+/PC members might be a bit more visible to relative newbies on the ships.  Rather than sequestered for happy hour drinks in our own loyalty lounges, more of us are now out and about in various venues, each time potentially striking up conversations any random cruiser.  If Royal Caribbean is doing things well, how wonderful for them to have top tier loyalty members potentially extolling the line’s virtues or telling tales of wonderful cruises while happily sipping specialty coffee in the morning or drinks in the evening while chatting with newbies.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Starry Eyes said:

I suspect with new voucher system some of the D/D+/PC members might be a bit more visible to relative newbies on the ships.  Rather than sequestered for happy hour drinks in our own loyalty lounges, more of s are now out and about in various venues, each time potentially striking up conversations any random cruiser.  If Royal Caribbean is doing things well, how wonderful for them to have top tier loyalty members potentially extolling the line’s virtues or telling tales of wonderful cruises while happily sipping specialty coffee in the morning or drinks in the evening while chatting with newbies.  

That's us!!   Out there circling around...and loving it!  🙂 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

What I am curious about is why the mods don't close these threads down.  Why let this nonsense continue?  Perhaps they could create a speculation area and move all this junk there.

Page three of entertainment.  

Without these type of threads....CC  ghost town.  😉 

And here you are along with the rest of us!  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

What I am curious about is why the mods don't close these threads down.  Why let this nonsense continue?  Perhaps they could create a speculation area and move all this junk there.

Would that include speculation on these?

Tipping

Food

Weather

Covid

Dress Code enforcement 

Chair Hogs

New Builds and Drydocks

Lounge access

Next Deployment 

Etc, etc, etc.....

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/28/2022 at 8:02 AM, Billy Baltic said:

Or for existing members to retain for no reason. A loyalty program should require use. I’m a member of hotel group loyalty programs and they drop you back down levels when you don’t use them within a set time, like annually. 

Funny you should mention this. I am a member of Hilton Honors and one day I received a letter and some gifts in the mail saying I was a Diamond Member for Life. I didn't even know they had such a level. I asked what I had done to achieve such a milestone and they told me that you had to reach Diamond level 10 years in a row. That's when I decided I needed to retire and get off the road!!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Would that include speculation on these?

Sure.  I think where I see a problem is with misleading subjects.  Users of the site who are new or only visit rarely may get confused when they see a subject that states something that is clearly speculation or otherwise false.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Sure.  I think where I see a problem is with misleading subjects.  Users of the site who are new or only visit rarely may get confused when they see a subject that states something that is clearly speculation or otherwise false.

Thank you for helping to keep the thread on page one so those new people can find it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That's us!!   Out there circling around...and loving it!  🙂 

No doubt you are a great ambassador for Royal Caribbean; if the vouchers put you in the place and spirit to chat, the vouchers are a value add for the cruise line.  I suspect management is aware of this side of the equation…well, I hope so.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

No doubt you are a great ambassador for Royal Caribbean; if the vouchers put you in the place and spirit to chat, there are a value add for the cruise line.  I suspect management is aware of this side of the equation…well, I hope so.

LOL...Aww...you give me way too much credit.  But we have met some good pax at the various locations. 🙂 

Yes we do tend to chat it up...mostly Bucky, but a lot of it is cutting up with the bartender and his mates.  😄 

On 4/27/2022 at 8:24 PM, John&LaLa said:

If anything, I guess they could remove lounge coffee machines and force you into using vouchers for morning coffee 

I do that now because there is generally no decaf in the machine. On Harmony one  bean container (in D lounge) is labeled decaf but I am told both containers  are regular coffee.    No decaf in machine in SL.  

I like the speciality coffee  at cafe promenade. 

m

• Like 1

I love the daily vouchers program  and hope that it  never ends. It is without a doubt my favorite Royal Caribbean perk. 

I like  not having to go to a loyalty lounge for a drink, I like  being able to order what I want, I like being able to use them anytime of the day, I like  being able to apply the $13 to a more expensive glass of wine, I like that they can be used on Labadee and Coco Cay and  I like that I can use it for a specialty coffee or even a bottle of water if I choose. 

m

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I do that now because there is generally no decaf in the machine. On Harmony one  bean container (in D lounge) is labeled decaf but I am told both containers  are regular coffee.    No decaf in machine in SL.  

I like the speciality coffee  at cafe promenade. 

m

Ask the lounge host for decaf, they will set it straight. If that doesn’t work, speak with f&b manager or other white shirt of distinction.