Any Reports of Covid Issues on Carnival sailings?

kwokpot

1 hour ago, dansize said:

Update from the Spirit. Talking to the health team today, their allocation of cabins used for quarantine has been exhausted (a good chunk of Deck 1). New cases now quarantined to their original rooms. 

Oh, great.  Hope my cabin is not in that allocation - note to self:  don't forget the lysol and alcohol wipes.  

7 hours ago, dansize said:

Update from the Spirit. Talking to the health team today, their allocation of cabins used for quarantine has been exhausted (a good chunk of Deck 1). New cases now quarantined to their original rooms. 

That does not sound good. 😢

Ugh. This isn't good.  I have an Alaska sailing in 3 weeks and a Europe sailing in July.  I have had so many European sailings canceled that I have lost count.  

Masks in places with a lot of people (buffet and comedy club, etc.) and reduced capacity was working. I wish they would have left it that way.  

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Ugh. This isn't good.  I have an Alaska sailing in 3 weeks and a Europe sailing in July.  I have had so many European sailings canceled that I have lost count.  

Masks in places with a lot of people (buffet and comedy club, etc.) and reduced capacity was working. I wish they would have left it that way.  

There doesn't have to be a mandate in order for you to wear a N95 if you want. If you feel that it would protect you, you can rock one all day, everyday if you want. There is no rule against mask wearing. Choice is a good thing and there would probably be no cruise line to sail on if things hadn't changed for the better. They'd need to double the fares for half empty chips, if not triple them; the cruise lines are not charities couldn't survive without us "mask haters" rushing back in to book/take cruises once restrictions were eased. Don't be too mad at us, were're on your side too, just see things a bit differently and want to make our own choices. Hope you get to cruise and all goes well for you!   

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

I’m current on on the Pride TA, day #6.  There has been no mention of covid so far.  Knock on wood.  Very few people are wearing masks, I’d guess fewer than 10%.  I am wearing a mask in public places.  Anyone returning to the US by plane after this cruise needs to test negative, and Carnival is not providing the testing or offering it for a price.

Edited by nwcruiselover

1 hour ago, nwcruiselover said:

I’m current on on the Pride TA, day #6.  There has been no mention of covid so far.  Knock on wood.  Very few people are wearing masks, I’d guess fewer than 10%.  I am wearing a mask in public places.  Anyone returning to the US by plane after this cruise needs to test negative, and Carnival is not providing the testing or offering it for a price.

Thanks for the update. I'll be boarding the Pride on the 19th for 3 cruises, leaving June 19th. So you know if they plan to test b2b cruisers on the Pride Europe sailings? How are you enjoying the cruise so far?

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Thanks for the update. I'll be boarding the Pride on the 19th for 3 cruises, leaving June 19th. So you know if they plan to test b2b cruisers on the Pride Europe sailings? How are you enjoying the cruise so far?

Nothing has been mentioned yet about testing between B2B European cruises.  We were all tested in Tampa before boarding, in addition to the required pre-cruise test 2-3 days before the cruise.  I’m enjoying the cruise so far but not mingling as I usually do, and am keeping my distance in crowded places.

Edited by nwcruiselover

Got off horizon on April 25, out of four in our group, two got sore throat last two days on cruise , be honest never thought anything about it, on Monday itchy cough, tested positive and other three adults also went I got tested all positive, all of us very mild symptoms none of us have had fever. Two of us have lost taste and smell, don’t blame carnival at all , can get anywhere and we didn’t wear mask so who knows if we spread to other passengers would guess so. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

Nothing has been mentioned yet about testing between B2B European cruises.  We were all tested in Tampa before boarding, in addition to the required pre-cruise test 2-3 days before the cruise.  I’m enjoying the cruise so far but not mingling as I usually do, and am keeping my distance in crowded places.

Thanks for the information.

We just got off the Carnival Horizion on April 24. Myself and my wife contracted COVID-19 while on board, we are assuming it was on the last 2 days of the cruise. 

I had initially thought the wife had turned down the air, and had developed running nose and coughing. Then on Saturday it got worse, diaherra and body aches and fatigue. Wife got it on Sunday.

Just passing the information on to others. We both were vaccinated and had tested negative before the cruise.

3 hours ago, peoriaguy1958 said:

Got off horizon on April 25, out of four in our group, two got sore throat last two days on cruise , be honest never thought anything about it, on Monday itchy cough, tested positive and other three adults also went I got tested all positive, all of us very mild symptoms none of us have had fever. Two of us have lost taste and smell, don’t blame carnival at all , can get anywhere and we didn’t wear mask so who knows if we spread to other passengers would guess so. 

We contracted it also somewhere on the last 2 days of the cruise. We were on the same cruise.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 4:00 PM, stevethepirate said:

I came off the Vista on April 16th. They had 8 performers quarantined. Our Facebook page had many passengers reporting positive tests after the cruise. I think that Carnival may have been a little premature about going to max capacity and no masks. Passenger safety needs to be the number 1 priority.

I would personally feel much better about my upcoming cruise if the mask policy were reinstated. Kinda ridiculous that they got rid of it in my opinion. 

• Like 7

On 4/29/2022 at 10:47 AM, pc_load_letter said:

There is no surface transmission of covid

Well, more accurate to say the odds of surface ("fomite") transmission of COVID are 1 in 10,000.   So, close to none, but not quite zero.  

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-transmission.html

• Thanks 1

Thanks for everyone's input on this and for anyone that contracted Covid hope you have a speedy recovery. 

I myself just disembarked from 2 weeks on the MardiGras and hopefully everything will be OK. I'm not so much concerned about getting sick but I'm sailing again in 2 weeks on the Pride in Europe and contacting Covid now would not bode well for that trip.

I'm glad this thread is without drama as I intended it just to be a straightforward accounting of how the COVID situation is on Carnival sailings.

Have fun and stay healthy!

12 hours ago, neongoddess said:

I would personally feel much better about my upcoming cruise if the mask policy were reinstated. Kinda ridiculous that they got rid of it in my opinion. 

The good news is, you are the CEO of you and can reinstate your mask policy whenever you want. No point in worrying about what others do and things you can''t control. Control the controllable. If the masks work, as some think, you'll be 95% protected! I'm not quite sure why people need to wait for mandates or everyone else to do something in order to exercise the power they already have or feel their choices aren't as effective unless they compel everyone else to follow their choices, it's called PPE for a reason. Hope everyone enjoys their cruises as they see fit, gets to make their own personal choices and has a wonderful time onboard.   

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 13

14 hours ago, Pellaz said:

Well, more accurate to say the odds of surface ("fomite") transmission of COVID are 1 in 10,000.   So, close to none, but not quite zero.  

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-transmission.html

and this was from last year, before the more transmissible Delta and Omincron variants appeared.

We still have to remain conscious of the virus. I do my part and wear my mask when and where suggested. The masks have not distorted my facial features, made me unconscious or effected my daily life. My only concern for our continued safety. Someone said is so eloquently above "We are the CEO's of our own being"     

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 4:16 PM, kwokpot said:

Over on the Celebrity board there's been lengthy discussions about Covid issues on two Celebrity ships,the Silhouette who's Transatlantic sailing and now Europe sailing is being hampered but Covid cases for both crew and guests. The Apex is also reporting cases and will be embarking on her transatlantic with Covid onboard. Then there was a news report about a Princess ship that had Covid issues. Yet the Carnival board is strangely silent on any current Covid cases on board sailings. 

This thread is just to keep people informed and not meant to alarm or cause controversy. I'm currently on day 13 on the MardiGras and there's been nothing concerning Covid cases. No interruptions in services, venues, shows; everything seems normal. 

Anyone care to share any factual information?

I got Covid on the Mardi Gras on Friday before departure from the ship. I wasn't sure as it was just a light sore throat, but on Saturday it worsened to head issues when we were home (drove).  While I had a light case and tested positive that Sunday, it was from the cruise.

So don't think it is not on the ships.  Yes we had vaccines and booster.  I thank the vaccines for my light case. I reported it to Carnival once I tested, but was treated as trivial in my opinion.  They finally asked questions weeks later.  Nothing came of it - no more follow up from them.

This was the week the US went maskless with recommendations.  The majority did not wear mask despite us wearing ours.  My wife either never developed symptoms or had covid.

So the other comments are right, Carnival will not report what's going on in regard to covid as long as it is under a certain percentage.  Now I question where it will go without the CDC.

But we are boosting again and will sail again using our precautions.  I BLAME NO ONE FOR COVID. JUST A FACT OF LIFE ANYMORE.  WASH UP AND BE SMART.  THERE WERE (AND WILL BE) ENOUGH NONE SMART PEOPLE ABOARD!!!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pellaz said:

This is ONE old study, done before any of the newer variants, but if you read your study you will see that your odds of being infected increase with every touch.

. . . .generally less than 1 in 10,000, which means that each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection. . .

So according to this old study, done on the much less transmissible variant, if you touch a surface ONE TIME you have a less than 1 in 10,000 chance, but every time you touch that item or any item you chances increase. 

14 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Thanks for everyone's input on this and for anyone that contracted Covid hope you have a speedy recovery. 

I myself just disembarked from 2 weeks on the MardiGras and hopefully everything will be OK. I'm not so much concerned about getting sick but I'm sailing again in 2 weeks on the Pride in Europe and contacting Covid now would not bode well for that trip.

I'm glad this thread is without drama as I intended it just to be a straightforward accounting of how the COVID situation is on Carnival sailings.

Have fun and stay healthy!

As we left Vista yesterday, there was a parked ambulance quiet but with its whirly lights on. Someone mentioned a fight of all things was related to that, but I can’t rule out other medical issues. 

I continue to be uninfected as far as I am aware. I am planning to get a fourth shot later this week, hearing about new cases continuing to pop up and assuming my earlier ones may be wearing off. 

• Like 1

Sailed Celebrity last July.   Celebrity CHOOSES to share covid-positive case numbers with guests and actively encourages you to see medical help from their staff if you are feeling unwell.  Their social media in the past year has focused on upgraded medical facilities and staff.   Carnival chooses to NOT share their numbers or  actively encourage people to seek medical attention and generally acts as though there is no issue unless pressed by a federal agency.   I got off Mardi Gras with a head cold in April that turned out to be covid.  I did not wear a mask but there were people on board wearing them indoors throughout the entire cruise.  No regrets.  Being boosted helped.  My cabinmate who drove 9 hours home with me and my "cold"  never got covid.