Worried

BKO

As we were brought up life’s for living you either adapt, or live a very solitary life, we did 3 sea cations last year and are off on our first of 3 cruises this year, and aim to make the best of it and enjoy yourselves whilst we can who knows what life will throw at you 

• Like 5

I understand your concerns, which is why we have not cruised again yet, although I must say I am very jealous, would love to be getting on Britannia in 2 weeks...

You have taken the plunge, probably not much you can do about it now, so relax and enjoy yourself. 

Thousands of people are managing to have great cruises, despite the restrictions... 

As for the Limelight, we paid £25 to see Sinbad from Brookside 4 years ago and had a fantastic evening. 

I hope you have a wonderful time, I'm confident you will. 

Andy 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JDB78 said:

Surely the rules still allow people to drink in the theatre so I guess the trick is to take regular slow drinks? Must admit the mask wearing rules almost made us cancel, but after no cruises for 4 years, we thought may as well go and make the most of it. Hopefully won't interfere too much but admit it does seem stupid to not enforce rules apart from one venue when everyone is mixing in different venues all day.

Food and drink not allowed in the theatre on Britannia a couple of weeks ago.

Only the crew seemed to be wearing masks except for maybe a handful of passengers.

Edited by grapau27

40 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I understand your concerns, which is why we have not cruised again yet, although I must say I am very jealous, would love to be getting on Britannia in 2 weeks...

You have taken the plunge, probably not much you can do about it now, so relax and enjoy yourself. 

Thousands of people are managing to have great cruises, despite the restrictions... 

As for the Limelight, we paid £25 to see Sinbad from Brookside 4 years ago and had a fantastic evening. 

I hope you have a wonderful time, I'm confident you will. 

Andy 

Thanks Andy , appreciate your positive reply ,had a good night's sleep and can't wait for the 15th. 

For some reason probably old age ,could not remember the cost of the Limelight as 4 years ago we had 2 fantastic night's with Cheryl Baker from Bucks Fizz and then Barry from Eastenders so looking forward to Gareth Gates.

• Like 1

Must admit I’ve never seen the attraction of drinks in a theatre.  Show lounge, fine waiters bring drinks to the table. In a theatre you have the disruption as they edge drinks along rows. The other consideration is the desirability of passengers wandering through the ship with glasses -spillages on posh frocks etc. and possibility of broken glass. 
Ok, I’m just a miserable old g*t😉 so I’ll save you a bit of time typing. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Ranchi said:

Must admit I’ve never seen the attraction of drinks in a theatre.  Show lounge, fine waiters bring drinks to the table. In a theatre you have the disruption as they edge drinks along rows. The other consideration is the desirability of passengers wandering through the ship with glasses -spillages on posh frocks etc. and possibility of broken glass. 

As another old git, I totally agree with you !

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, wowzz said:

As another old git, I totally agree with you !

As a trainee old git same here ,but better than being one ofthe totally ignorant mob that

leave beer bottles and glasses on the floor of the theatre ,as they race off to their next venue .

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Ranchi said:

Totally agree as I’ve had wine slopped on me on a formal night as people passed by. Plus I agree about the danger of broken glass.

• Like 4

On 5/1/2022 at 8:08 PM, tim2go said:

On board Britannia now. (and a little drunk, sorry!). I stressed far too much about the testing etc before boarding but it turned out to be very easy. Arrived at Southampton at 1230 and was onboard by 1300. Onboard the food in the MDR is perfectly edible but limited and more like school dinners. The buffet selection is the best I've seen on P&O in my limited experience, really did suprise me. 2 of our party went to the Glass House last night and had a really good meal.

Black tie tonight and most seem to be joining in.

I wish that I'd gone to schools where the food was of a similar standard to P&O MDRs. :classic_smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I wish that I'd gone to schools where the food was of a similar standard to P&O MDRs. :classic_smile:

Yep and those dinner ladies were not like the standard of P&O MDRs. 

More like the cafe in The Last Of The Summer Wine :classic_wink:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

Lol! It was a lunch time that prompted that comment about school dinners. I actually enjoyed the sausage and mash! To be fair the evening offerings we're much better, especially on the formal night.

• Like 3

On 5/2/2022 at 8:10 AM, Vampiress88 said:

no drinks allowed in the theatre. You must wear a mask. Agree it’s a little silly when you can sit with strangers for your dinner or be very close to other tables but hey ho. 

as for the process I was worried about it all and the testing. I don’t like rigmarole like this at all but testing etc was really quick and far easier than I thought it would be. We didn’t pay for the tests but if we had of needed to then we would have just facted in that cost. 

No drinks in the theatre?? This should have been pointed out to people surely?

5 hours ago, Ranchi said:

I absolutely agree with you! So I’m a miserable g*t too 😁 The shows are only 45 minutes, if people can’t wait that long for a drink…!

Last time I was onboard pre C the waiters going up and down the aisles were a big nuisance.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, darknightsdespiser said:

No drinks in the theatre?? This should have been pointed out to people surely?

It’s in the bumpf  somewhere, I certainly knew before I got on at Easter. Three weeks before the cruise you start getting bombarded with emails explaining everything.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 3

We are on the TA in October assuming my wife gets treatment before than, was on the one last year and the protocols was more stringent than, still not a problem had a great cruise.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

It’s in the bumpf  somewhere, I certainly knew before I got on at Easter. Three weeks before the cruise you start getting bombarded with emails explaining everything.

Just disappointing, usually take my after dinner fancy coffee in.

5 hours ago, Ranchi said:

Agree re: drinks in there. It can make it a more trashy experience.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 11:57 PM, BKO said:

Seems crazy , you can walk around the shop all day without a mask and no matter what they say you will be pretty close to people, but you go to the theatre and told to mask up

I was on Ventura two weeks ago and the Cruise Director said it was a government rule as on land masks are still required in theatres so they are still required in the theatre onboard. Don't know how true it is. 

13 hours ago, Bazrat said:

We are on the TA in October assuming my wife gets treatment before than, was on the one last year and the protocols was more stringent than, still not a problem had a great cruise.

Fingers crossed your wife's treatment goes well Baz. 🤞

Andy 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, EM35 said:

I was on Ventura two weeks ago and the Cruise Director said it was a government rule as on land masks are still required in theatres so they are still required in the theatre onboard. Don't know how true it is. 

Well he’s completely wrong on that. We went to the theatre (a very large one on land) recently. The guidance (and it was only guidance, not mandatory) was that masks should be worn but virtually nobody was. I deliberately had a look around and could only see one couple wearing them, and it was a full house. 

The P&O policy is completely illogical, hence I’m not surprised to have read the reviews of several posters who have said that as soon as the theatre lights go down many people lower their masks. 

I have been on several very busy trains and London Tubes recently and, again, just a handful of people still wearing masks. The vast majority of people now consider that mask wearing is now disproportionate to the level of risk, but there are those who will wear them for years to come and that is, of course, their personal choice.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Well he’s completely wrong on that. We went to the theatre (a very large one on land) recently. The guidance (and it was only guidance, not mandatory) was that masks should be worn but virtually nobody was. I deliberately had a look around and could only see one couple wearing them, and it was a full house. 

The P&O policy is completely illogical, hence I’m not surprised to have read the reviews of several posters who have said that as soon as the theatre lights go down many people lower their masks. 

I have been on several very busy trains and London Tubes recently and, again, just a handful of people still wearing masks. The vast majority of people now consider that mask wearing is now disproportionate to the level of risk, but there are those who will wear them for years to come and that is, of course, their personal choice.

It is not a government rule but a local business rule. I went to 2 theatres within a day of each other and 1 said masks must be worn and the other optional.

Either way P&O dropped their onboard mask rule and distancing rules for all new sailings from last Friday according to the Britannia entertainment crew.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, BouncingWheel said:

It is not a government rule but a local business rule. I went to 2 theatres within a day of each other and 1 said masks must be worn and the other optional.

Either way P&O dropped their onboard mask rule and distancing rules for all new sailings from last Friday according to the Britannia entertainment crew.

Does that mean masks need not be worn in the theatre anymore?

7 hours ago, Selbourne said:

The vast majority of people now consider that mask wearing is now disproportionate to the level of risk, but there are those who will wear them for years to come and that is, of course, their personal choice.

According to the ONS about 1 in 25 people have covid, possibly without knowing. That means that somewhere in the region of 100 or more passengers on the average cruise ship will have covid.

I accept that face masks are no longer necessarily required but it seems to me that, out of courtesy to other passengers, if I, unknowingly, have covid and wear a mask I am less likely to pass it on to them and, similarly, if they have it, I am less likely to catch it.

Just an observation.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

According to the ONS about 1 in 25 people have covid, possibly without knowing. That means that somewhere in the region of 100 or more passengers on the average cruise ship will have covid.

I accept that face masks are no longer necessarily required but it seems to me that, out of courtesy to other passengers, if I, unknowingly, have covid and wear a mask I am less likely to pass it on to them and, similarly, if they have it, I am less likely to catch it.

Just an observation.

And 3,000 won't have it !