Positive Covid test after cruise - Notification?

crdtrnr

Guest BasicSailor

Call the regular number that you call to book. Ask them the same question. Also posting it on your survey if you haven't already filled it out may be an idea..

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

Why bother? It serves no point ot purpose once your cruise is over and all it will do is give the cruise lines another black eye to the media and CDC. I wouldn't tell anyone a darn thing. 

Agree!

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, crdtrnr said:

Does anyone know if there is someone at Carnival we are to notify if we test positive after the cruise?

Thanks

It's a good thing you care about your health and others that may have been around you.👍

No, contact tracing after the fact is all but impossible. Carnival is already going to thoroughly clean the ship on turnaround day, so it's not like you notifying them is going to increase their efforts there. I think a lot of people come back home from a cruise with COVID, but nobody is doing anything about it because other than keeping a tally of the cases there isn't much that can be done.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
21 minutes ago, mz-s said:

No, contact tracing after the fact is all but impossible. Carnival is already going to thoroughly clean the ship on turnaround day, so it's not like you notifying them is going to increase their efforts there. I think a lot of people come back home from a cruise with COVID, but nobody is doing anything about it because other than keeping a tally of the cases there isn't much that can be done.

I agree with the highlighted comment. But still I admire the OP for being concerned.

3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Why bother? It serves no point ot purpose once your cruise is over and all it will do is give the cruise lines another black eye to the media and CDC. I wouldn't tell anyone a darn thing. 

No purpose? What about the crew that were exposed? Then the new passengers will be exposed to that crew. Contact tracing is important. 

Just now, cruizergal70 said:

No purpose? What about the crew that were exposed? Then the new passengers will be exposed to that crew. Contact tracing is important. 

Generally nobody is near crew long enough to be considered "exposed". Just walking by a bar waiter isn't exposing them to COVID. Probably the most at-risk crew on the ships are the table game dealers. 

Guest BasicSailor
32 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Generally nobody is near crew long enough to be considered "exposed". Just walking by a bar waiter isn't exposing them to COVID. Probably the most at-risk crew on the ships are the table game dealers. 

I'm going to add Stewards to that list.  Room per room.

Edited by BasicSailor

9 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

A lot of people on Princess/HAL/Celebrity are reporting positive after arriving home.  Cruise lines do not seem to be really interested.  EM

Everyone including the lines and passengers know exactly what they signing up for right now . Nobody is being forced to cruise while Covid is still a thing. What do you want the lines to do? Stop sailing again? Go to the press and announce that people that are home now tested positive? Sound an alarm?  It's time to start living with reality here ....It is what it is ..... Covid and cruises shouldn't shock anyone at the moment and I haven't heard a single snippet of a cruiser catching covid on ship and dying...... 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

Impossible to contact trace on a cruise with all the movement unless you quarantine the whole ship including every passenger.  Is that what you want? Nobody can track everyone everywhere.

They aren't even contact tracing in NY anymore, for what its worth.  My brother contracted covid Sunday, went to CityMd office and they didn't even question who he had contact with. When he asked they said NY doesn't want to know that info anymore!   I think if you are on a cruise and test positive they are more apt to contact trace.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pe4all said:

They aren't even contact tracing in NY anymore, for what its worth.  My brother contracted covid Sunday, went to CityMd office and they didn't even question who he had contact with. When he asked they said NY doesn't want to know that info anymore!   I think if you are on a cruise and test positive they are more apt to contact trace.

As others have pointed out, how would a cruise line even contract trace? Tell the entire passenger list someone tested positive? I think contract tracing for Covid is a thing of the past. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Everyone including the lines and passengers know exactly what they signing up for right now . Nobody is being forced to cruise while Covid is still a thing. What do you want the lines to do? Stop sailing again? Go to the press and announce that people that are home now tested positive? Sound an alarm?  It's time to start living with reality here ....It is what it is ..... Covid and cruises shouldn't shock anyone at the moment and I haven't heard a single snippet of a cruiser catching covid on ship and dying...... 

except 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/british-woman-dies-italy-covid-26803172

i agree that you cant contract trace everyone on a ship due to the constant movement. especially the larger ships. it might be possible on the small few hundred people river cruise boats. 

15 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

A lot of people on Princess/HAL/Celebrity are reporting positive after arriving home.  Cruise lines do not seem to be really interested.  EM

I would change "do not seem to be really interested" to "really do not want to know".

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, lecach said:

I got covid on my April Mardi Gras cruise - I mentioned it on my survey but no one has followed up on that and I don't expect them to

Fairly sure I got COVID on my last cruise on the Sunshine - can't prove it but I tested negative two days before the cruise and felt fine, tested positive the day after we got home. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Fairly sure I got COVID on my last cruise on the Sunshine - can't prove it but I tested negative two days before the cruise and felt fine, tested positive the day after we got home. 🤷‍♂️

I know I probably got covid after our Jan cruise on the Pride,  two days after getting home, had the

symptoms, and went and got tested, positive, only lasted about two days and then felt good. Fully vaccinated. 

• Like 1

There is no way the cruise lines are going to contact every person that leaves every sailing and tests positive for Covid. They can barely take care of the ones that get it on the ships and are in quarantine.

We need to accept the risk we may get it while on the cruise or after or just not cruise. It's something that is going to be with us from now on, have to learn to live with it.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Exactly.  Anyone who chooses to travel anywhere right now should know that they can get covid.  One of my relatives took a trip to LA and tested positive for covid when she returned.  A couple others are getting over their cases of covid.  None were on cruises.  Covid is a part of life now.  The only way to avoid possible exposure is to avoid being near people.

• Like 3

On 5/9/2022 at 5:09 PM, crdtrnr said:

Does anyone know if there is someone at Carnival we are to notify if we test positive after the cruise?

Thanks

I had the same occur, no one seemed to care, yet I felt I had a social responsibility.  I also feel the ship does too, but they want it to go way just like folks posting here.

In the end, I summitted a form online I found on there site to report the issue (wasn't Covid specific).

They followed up after a week or so and asked who I was near and such, so they would attempt to notify or at least seemed to want to.

Just saying.

Thank you for caring about others health.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DGNewton said:

I had the same occur, no one seemed to care, yet I felt I had a social responsibility.  I also feel the ship does too, but they want it to go way just like folks posting here.

In the end, I summitted a form online I found on there site to report the issue (wasn't Covid specific).

They followed up after a week or so and asked who I was near and such, so they would attempt to notify or at least seemed to want to.

Just saying.

Thank you for caring about others health.

It’s not a matter of wanting it to go away or not caring. It’s an issue of what does a cruise line, or any place where people congregate, do about this? There’s a reason why contract tracing isn’t done anymore. This isn’t just a cruise line issue. 

• Like 5