Connecting cabins more expensive?

10 minutes ago, driverandrews said:

Hi , can anyone tell me if it’s more expensive to book 2 connecting cabins as opposed to 2 side by side. ( Symphony of the seas ) .

thank you.

Yes.  There was no difference in pricings a few years ago.

Also, there aren't as many and you should do a mock booking and see the difference in the pricing.

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

Yes.  There was no difference in pricings a few years ago.

Also, there aren't as many and you should do a mock booking and see the difference in the pricing.

Though it can be Hit and Miss, few my Sailings the Connecting were Cheaper. Royal IT, Consistently Inconsistent. Like with any Cabin watch for price drops, worth effort when get one

Edited by ONECRUISER

20 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Though it can be Hit and Miss, few my Sailings the Connecting were Cheaper. Royal IT, Consistently Inconsistent. Like with any Cabin watch for price drops, worth effort when get one

Many times, I also found that 2 balcony cabins to be cheaper than quads and not sure that's it is all IT doing.  Someone has to say a kind word, occasionally.😄

• Like 1

Depends. We booked four adjacent cabins for an Oasis 8/2023 sailing, cabins 10598, 10600, 10602, 10604. The connecting cabins (10602, 10604, category CB) were cheaper than the category 2C's right next to them. 

mac_tlc

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Connecting cabins are going to be more expensive.

It depends on the sailing.  I have seen it - and experienced it with a recent booking - where the connecting staterooms were the lowest price offered in the balcony categories we were considering and as we were traveling with another couple, we booked it.  (Actually rebooked from a non-connecting category in that instance).

I have seen it where it was the most expensive in that category as well.  It also can be anywhere in between.  There is no set protocol in terms of that pricing as, with any category, it is a function of inventory mix, bookings, and the pricing algorithms for any particular sailing.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

27 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It depends on the sailing.  I have seen it - and experienced it with a recent booking - where the connecting staterooms were the lowest price offered in the balcony categories we were considering and as we were traveling with another couple, we booked it.  (Actually rebooked from a non-connecting category in that instance).

I have seen it where it was the most expensive in that category as well.  It also can be anywhere in between.  There is no set protocol in terms of that pricing as, with any category, it is a function of inventory mix, bookings, and the pricing algorithms for any particular sailing.

I should have been more specific... Prices can be all over the map.  That being said, it is my experience, when looking on the website, that CB are higher priced than other balcony cabins.  There will be anomalies, of course.

• Like 1

I feel like once they added the category to search for connecting rooms when booking, rather than having to look at deck plans to figure it out, they started up charging for it. We travel with our family of four, but I refuse to pay an extra $500 to have a door inside rather than walking in the hall so we do normal rather than connecting rooms. 

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Depends. We booked four adjacent cabins for an Oasis 8/2023 sailing, cabins 10598, 10600, 10602, 10604. The connecting cabins (10602, 10604, category CB) were cheaper than the category 2C's right next to them. 

mac_tlc

In that case it is because you were comparing a 2C which had the large balony that carries a premium over the regular balcony "D" cabins.  Nearly all the connecting cabins were at one point D cabins with the regular size balcony.  While the connecting carry a premium above the D category they are rarely priced above the C. 

Knowing Royal, they probably have it set up in their system to charge more if you are booking two cabins and less if you are only booking one.  So if you are booking two, I would book only one at a time :)

• Like 1

When I was searching for my upcoming cruise, just simply selecting the "include connecting staterooms" option increased the price of each cabin by $150 from the outset.  Still booked it because with younger kids, that's just what you have to pay, but I'm sure looking forward to the kids being a little bit older so I don't have to pay that upcharge!

38 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

🤣😂🤣 Royal IT does not price cabins, that would be the business.

Another way to think of it….They provide the fridge, but someone else is responsible for filling it with food.

Actually Benefited from few these Royal/IT price mistakes. Best was few yrs ago when many other's on here had to cancel Bookings or Pay lot more when Royal found out, they missed mine. So errors in pricing and who doesn't matter to me, long as it's always in my favor 😁 ...and I'm cheap always pack my own Cabin Fridge with Drinks I bring, doing that for 35yrs now.