Italy Testing Changes — Again

indy406

According the the occasionally-reliable Celebrity web site, up-to-date Italy passengers now can get their Covid tests two days prior to boarding. This is as of May 18, based on May 17 guidance from Italian health authorities. Think we can trust them to not change their minds again if we get tested Saturday before leaving the Midwest for our Monday sailing? I have whiplash from all this.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements

45 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Lots of pax, myself included, just got an email saying... surprise... one day 😕

Dani, I  am hoping that Apex will be allowed to dock in Israel in October, along with my DH and I Covid-free!  sorry about your dilemma with Italy.  Our cruises leave from Civi, so another issue to confront.

10 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Dani, I  am hoping that Apex will be allowed to dock in Israel in October, along with my DH and I Covid-free!

I sure hope so for you too 🤞 and for us 😁

The majority of the population is at least1 time boosted, and many over sixty, like us, 2X boosted. Starting tomorrow, no more PCR testing on entry. 

Some Jewish holidays in October. What are your dates for Haifa and Ashdod?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, danv3 said:

Surely, having already changed back to one day from two days once, X was more cautious this time and will not revert back to one day yet again.  

Are you kidding me ..this is beyond ridiculous…it’s really making me want to cancel my 9/3 Edge cruise out of Rome…after reading quarantine reports I have anxiety about being stuck there for 21days…I felt a little better with the 2 Day test knowing I could leave the USA with out negative test..sailing out of the USA is so much easier for Americans right now…I wish they had left more ships in the Caribbean….

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone who has embarked in Civitavecchia since 18th May confirm that Celebrity are now accepting Testing 2 days prior to embarkation ? We embark Reflection on a Monday, flying from UK on a Saturday so if 2 days we can arrange for Covid Test at UK airport before flying out.

Thanks

58 minutes ago, barneymag said:

Can anyone who has embarked in Civitavecchia since 18th May confirm that Celebrity are now accepting Testing 2 days prior to embarkation ? We embark Reflection on a Monday, flying from UK on a Saturday so if 2 days we can arrange for Covid Test at UK airport before flying out.

Thanks

I can't answer your direct question but I can say, if its useful, that we are flying from the UK on Saturday and staying in Rome and I've booked a test in Rome for the Sunday afternoon through a site called 'The Tour Guy' (I think I found the website on either Trip advisor or possibly in the Ports of call section here). 

Obviously testing in the UK before we go would be preferable but after a recent flight cancellation we now have a 5am start on Saturday so couldn't fit it in.  So that's what we're doing...

2 hours ago, barneymag said:

Thanks

Full details are here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements

It depends on your vaccination status:

Sailing Testing Requirements:

All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a negative test result in order to board their sailing.

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. This testing requirement is currently stipulated by Italian authorities as of May 17, 2022. 
  • Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. This testing requirement is currently stipulated by Italian authorities as of May 17, 2022. 
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation.  

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record***.

4 minutes ago, Virgo61 said:

According to Travel and Leisure, as of 6/1 Italy will no longer require any testing before entering. I also read this on some Schengen zone site, only that said as of June 15th.

That is specifically for unvaccinated visitors traveling to Italy, it is unrelated to the requirements before boarding, and for vaccinated visitors has not been a requirement for a while now.

Edited by Mark_T

4 hours ago, barneymag said:

Thanks

Going through the roll call for the current Reflection cruise (Jun 3) it seems they were allowed the two day. 

16 minutes ago, ROYALBOY said:

In October we are flying out of Florida early for Monday cruise out of Civitavecchia… is there somewhere on Sunday when we arrive at FCO to take a test if still required by Celebrity?

They are actually testing at FCO if you wish. I believe I heard it's 20 euro.

Andy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, barneymag said:

sgmm, when and where are you planning to test ? we’re possibly going to do video supervised test if still required in September as seems easier than having to find a pharmacy to test in Rome

It's a bit of a saga....

Italy changed testing from two days to one to two to one and back to two again over a couple of months  !!!

I really wanted to test in UK so if it was positive we didn't have to deal with Italian quarantine rules.  I also didn't want to do the Internet supervised tests (though there's lots of info about how easy they are).

Consequently I changed our flights three times, from 0700 on the Sunday to 1630 on Sunday, back to 0700 and then back to 1630 so I could test in UK. 

Even though its now two days before, we've left our flights at 1630 on Sunday and getting tested at Lloyds Pharmacy in my local Sainsburys at 10am . We've done this before, you book online,  they give you a printed negative letter within 15 min of the test. 

We're booked into The Hilton at Rome FCO Airport, its walking distance from the terminal, and booked a car to take us to the port 0930 on Monday morning 

I'm a bit worried about all the flight cancellations going on at the minute so fingers crossed it all goes OK as we don't have a lot of wiggle room now

Think the next round of changes to Italys protocols is mid June so hopefully things may get easier by September for you

• Like 1

According to Uk government website:

As of 1 June, COVID-19 restrictions on entering Italy have been lifted. Italy does not require any proof of vaccination, a negative test result, or a COVID-19 recovery certificate to enter the country, regardless of your vaccination status.

All passengers entering Italy by plane, ferry, train or coach must wear an FFP2 mask in order to enter the country.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, merseababe said:

According to Uk government website:

As of 1 June, COVID-19 restrictions on entering Italy have been lifted. Italy does not require any proof of vaccination, a negative test result, or a COVID-19 recovery certificate to enter the country, regardless of your vaccination status.

All passengers entering Italy by plane, ferry, train or coach must wear an FFP2 mask in order to enter the country.

This hasn't been a problem for anyone other than the unvaccinated for a while now.

The most recent update just removed the requirements for unvaccinated travelers.

Obviously it has no impact on Celebrity boarding requirements.

Edited by Mark_T

On 6/9/2022 at 6:06 AM, barneymag said:

Thanks

We boarded In Civitavecchia on 5/26 with antigen tests done 2 days prior - accepted and no issues.

On 6/9/2022 at 5:24 AM, newtocruiseinblue said:

Full details are here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements

It depends on your vaccination status:

Sailing Testing Requirements:

All guests ages 2 and older must present a digital or physical copy of a negative test result in order to board their sailing.

Pre-Arrival/Embarkation Covid-19 Test

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. This testing requirement is currently stipulated by Italian authorities as of May 17, 2022. 
  • Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 2 days prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required. This testing requirement is currently stipulated by Italian authorities as of May 17, 2022. 
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation.  

Guests who have recently recovered from COVID-19 may present a Certificate of Recovery and proof of the positive PCR test result taken between 11 and less than 180 days prior to the sail date in order to board. The Certificate of Recovery can be presented as an NHS COVID Pass, EU Certificate of Recovery or as a letter from a healthcare provider. In addition, you must still present a vaccination card. Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. We will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in place of a vaccination record***.

"Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination"  

Does anyone know which ports do not accept Certificate of Recovery?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 9:17 AM, cruise52 said:

We boarded In Civitavecchia on 5/26 with antigen tests done 2 days prior - accepted and no issues.

Where did you get your tests done?   Pharmacy or hospital?  Not too familiar with how they do things in Italy.

Thank you.