Room Service on Princess

fifi1969

I have just read on the Princess website that 24hr room service is included. It then says something vague like charges may apply to some items. 

So what can order from room service without incurring additional charges? Can I order breakfast? How about an alcoholic drink or a speciality coffee (I will have Princess Plus which includes drinks)? 

Could I order a pizza at 11pm say? 

What are people's favourite things to order from room service? 

• Like 1

No charge for Specialty coffees if you have the package.  This I'm sure of.

I believe there is a charge of the pizza (Alfredo's) and a few more expensive items like steak.   

There are many items that are free 

• Like 2

We are just off Discovery Princess two weeks ago. The app & tv both have items that can be ordered. 
The plus package drinks can be ordered. Tip included.

pizza from GiGis $3 even for guests in suites.

we had excellent service/ delivery times with only 1800 on our cruise.

DH was in isolation on Emerald recently and ordered all his meals from Room Service using the TV app.   Soup from Crown Grill, Pasta from Sabatinis, something from Salty Dog, all at additional charge.   His beverage package worked with no issues.  Tried to order a bottle of wine but was denied as the bottle was not combustible.  Offered him 5 glasses of the same wine at the same price.  

Pizza has the $3 charge (and has had it for a very long time) because Princess found without that charge some people would order a bunch of free pizzas and end up not eating most of what they ordered.

So the charge is mostly to discourage waste and not raise money.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, fifi1969 said:

I have just read on the Princess website that 24hr room service is included. It then says something vague like charges may apply to some items. 

So what can order from room service without incurring additional charges? Can I order breakfast? How about an alcoholic drink or a speciality coffee (I will have Princess Plus which includes drinks)? 

Could I order a pizza at 11pm say? 

What are people's favourite things to order from room service? 

When you call room service there is no charge for the actual service. The menu is limited and some items, like pizza, have an extra charge. Can you order pizza at 11pm? Depends if the pizza ovens are operating at that time. You can order breakfast. Be aware that only mini suites, full suites and on Royal Class ships deluxe balcony cabins have indoor table and seating. Other cat. cabins have only one desk chair and a mini knee high table. Balconies do have two chairs and a table.

Specialty coffees  and other beverage items covered by your plus fare are delivered to your cabin at no extra cost.  Use your Medallion app or the cabin tv to order.

Full suite passengers may order any meal from the full DR menu. They are not limited to the room service menu during standard DR meal times. Full suite passengers also are eligible for the special breakfast which on most ships is served at Sabatini's. Way better than room service.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kiwimum said:

DH was in isolation on Emerald recently and ordered all his meals from Room Service using the TV app.   Soup from Crown Grill, Pasta from Sabatinis, something from Salty Dog, all at additional charge.   His beverage package worked with no issues.  Tried to order a bottle of wine but was denied as the bottle was not combustible.  Offered him 5 glasses of the same wine at the same price.  

So why was he charged an additional charge if he was in quarantine?

We use the door hanger to order breakfast and write in any extra items we want.  I usually order a Croque Monsieur for breakfast on the door hanger and it has always been delivered.

32 minutes ago, amajaa said:

So why was he charged an additional charge if he was in quarantine?

Food from specialty restaurants is extra charge, whether quarantine or not. 

Regular room service is no charge (except the few specific items, ie steak and fries, pizza, etc) whether quarantine or not, and MDR room service is included when MDR is operating for those in quarantine.. 

Specialty restaurant food is extra charge regardless of room type, quarantine or not .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, kiwimum said:

edited to add:  I see some posts that explains dining room is for those in quarantine.

Is ordering meals through the TV or app available only to quarantined passengers?  Was he able to order from the dining room menu for dinner?  

I’m wondering if non-quarantined passengers can order from the dining room menu using Ocean Now….to help with social distancing in the dining room.  Usually only suite passengers are allowed to do this.  

Edited by mthomp5

4 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

edited to add:  I see some posts that explains dining room is for those in quarantine.

Is ordering meals through the TV or app available only to quarantined passengers?  Was he able to order from the dining room menu for dinner?  

I’m wondering if non-quarantined passengers can order from the dining room menu using Ocean Now….to help with social distancing in the dining room.  Usually only suite passengers are allowed to do this.  

No  Only full suite.  They are beyond worrying about social distancing at this point.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Someone from room service called him with the dining room items available for order.   We very rarely eat in the dining room, 2 times in 23 days.  Meals are delivered to your room.  
The room service menu on Ocean Now is available for all guests to utilize.   Has items from Specialty Restaurants at a charge, Salty Dog Grill and the usual room service items.  Did not appear to be any rotation in items.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

Anyone can order items using the Ocean Now app on your device or the cabin TV. There are many selections. Those in full suites can also order from the full DR menus. Those in other cabin cats can not. 

• Thanks 1