Anyone know if Elite Cocktail hour can include unopened red bulls?

NutsAboutGolf

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

We were told last summer by the Captain’s Club host that there are some Premium drinks on the Elite Happy Hour menu. These had been added because Elite perks have been lessened because of AI.

B06597AB-D728-4EA5-B2F3-856667716D28.thumb.jpeg.a8ae6e5e94a5924a8eaefe51223dcaa7.jpeg

The only thing I see listed that might not be on the Classic package is the Courvoisier VS.  The VSOP is on the Premium package and the VS isn’t listed on either package.  The cocktails can all be made with Classic package liquors.

On 5/21/2022 at 1:23 PM, davekathy said:

When Celebrity had the Go Big, Go Better, Go Best booking options we would always select the CBP as one of our add on and still go to the evening CC HH in the Sky Lounge. Glad to hear the CC HH in the SL hasn't been discontinued. AI or not we will attend. 

It really isn't an event anymore. It just means that between 5-7pm you can go to most bars and get free drinks from the posted drink menu. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The thing I don’t understand is why get an unopened can of anything!?!  I mean, you can’t drink from it, it won’t stay cold long enough to use against your sweaty neck?  I don’t understand…..oh, you’ll open it yourself.  But I’m on vacation and I don’t do that kind of labor. 

den

9 hours ago, Peteymil said:

It really isn't an event anymore. It just means that between 5-7pm you can go to most bars and get free drinks from the posted drink menu. 

9 hours ago, Peteymil said:

No

Thanks. Bummer. AI or not the CC should bring back the nightly (5-7) CC HH in the Sky Lounge. Celebrity needs to follow RCs lead. RC has the C&A HH every evening in the DL. Servers now serve your pre dinner snacks (no more self serve) and you have to use your C&A drinks that are loaded on your SeaPass card (no more C&A unlimited drinks). 

9 hours ago, Denny01 said:

The thing I don’t understand is why get an unopened can of anything!?!  I mean, you can’t drink from it, it won’t stay cold long enough to use against your sweaty neck?  I don’t understand…..oh, you’ll open it yourself.  But I’m on vacation and I don’t do that kind of labor. 

den

Well, peel me a grape, Beulah!

10 hours ago, davekathy said:

Thanks. Bummer. AI or not the CC should bring back the nightly (5-7) CC HH in the Sky Lounge. Celebrity needs to follow RCs lead. RC has the C&A HH every evening in the DL. Servers now serve your pre dinner snacks (no more self serve) and you have to use your C&A drinks that are loaded on your SeaPass card (no more C&A unlimited drinks). 

The “pause” of the Elite Happy Hour in the Solstice Class ship was related to Covid and large gatherings.  (As I recall).  Celebrity eliminated the required to only get HH free drinks in one location several years before the Pandemic and also the requirement to be Elite to go to the Sky Lounge.

This would not work on the Edge class ships.  But I am fairly certain in October Celebrity was passing out Horderves in the Eden lounge area.

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

The “pause” of the Elite Happy Hour in the Solstice Class ship was related to Covid and large gatherings.  (As I recall).  Celebrity eliminated the required to only get HH free drinks in one location several years before the Pandemic and also the requirement to be Elite to go to the Sky Lounge.

This would not work on the Edge class ships.  But I am fairly certain in October Celebrity was passing out Horderves in the Eden lounge area.

I know when and why the CC halted the CC HH (5-7 PM) in the evening in the SL (S&M class ships). My rant was/is just another top tier cut back. RC temporarily halted the C&A evening HH in the DL but has brought it back as Celebrity needs to do the same. AI or not.  🍷🧀

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

I know when and why the CC halted the CC HH (5-7 PM) in the evening in the SL (S&M class ships). My rant was/is just another top tier cut back. RC temporarily halted the C&A evening HH in the DL but has brought it back as Celebrity needs to do the same. AI or not.  🍷🧀

What is the cut back?  Many if not most people have had the Classic Drink package since the start of the 123 and BBB programs many years ago.  Being able to have unlimited drinks in any bar (that carried the choices) between 5-7 was a great addition.  (For those without a package).  
What are you suggesting?  That only Elite and above be allowed in the Sky Lounge and serve appetizers between 5-7?  But still allow other free drinks at other bars?  
Prior to the shutdown, it seemed to me that Celebrity was no longer limiting the Sky Lounge to Elites and above.

As you know Celebrity does not have a DL lounge.

We will see what is done after all the COVID restrictions are lifted.  As mentioned, I am fairly certain that on our Apex TA that Celebrity offered appetizers in the Eden lounge area between 5-7.

Although it is of not value to me, I certainly do not considering offering Unlimited HH drinks for two area a cut back.  Just the opposite.

Edited by jagoffee

I was told by a CC Concierge that the 5-7 happy hour lounge in the Sky Lounge is a thing of the past and has been permanently discontinued.  Whether or not you valued this event I think you are seeing most of the loyalty "perks" which were suspended under the guise of Covid have been quietly discontinued permanently.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

What is the cut back?  Many if not most people have had the Classic Drink package since the start of the 123 and BBB programs many years ago.  Being able to have unlimited drinks in any bar (that carried the choices) between 5-7 was a great addition.  (For those without a package).  
What are you suggesting?  That only Elite and above be allowed in the Sky Lounge and serve appetizers between 5-7?  But still allow other free drinks at other bars?  
Prior to the shutdown, it seemed to me that Celebrity was no longer limiting the Sky Lounge to Elites and above.

As you know Celebrity does not have a DL lounge.

We will see what is done after all the COVID restrictions are lifted.  As mentioned, I am fairly certain that on our Apex TA that Celebrity offered appetizers in the Eden lounge area between 5-7.

Although it is of not value to me, I certainly do not considering offering Unlimited HH drinks for two area a cut back.  Just the opposite.

See post #38. 

I'm not suggesting anything. Only a fact that when the CC HH in the Sky Lounge was being offered (pre covid) it was only  for elite and above from 5-7 PM. Elite and above had unlimited drinks from 5-7 PM at most bars including the CC HH in the Sky Lounge. 

Too each their own. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

See post #38. 

I'm not suggesting anything. Only a fact that when the CC HH in the Sky Lounge was being offered (pre covid) it was only  for elite and above from 5-7 PM. Elite and above had unlimited drinks from 5-7 PM at most bars including the CC HH in the Sky Lounge. 

Too each their own. 

We may have different experiences on Solstice Class ships.  Pre Covid The Sky Lounge was not for just Elite and above passengers from 5-7 at some point.   It may have been different between ships.

7 hours ago, jagoffee said:

We may have different experiences on Solstice Class ships.  Pre Covid The Sky Lounge was not for just Elite and above passengers from 5-7 at some point.   It may have been different between ships.

Wrong post

Edited by Michidoeme

On 5/24/2022 at 8:53 PM, jagoffee said:

We "do" have different experiences. All of our S&M class ship (no matter the ship) cruises the CC HH in the Sky Lounge from 5 to 7 pm has always only been for elite and above CC tier levels in the evening except the first night.  

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

We "do" have different experiences. All of our S&M class ship (no matter the ship) cruises the CC HH in the Sky Lounge from 5 to 7 pm has always only been for elite and above CC tier levels in the evening except the first night.  

We can see when all the Covid restrictions are lifted at some point.

I could always be mistaken.  I also seem to recall appetizers being served at other locations as well. I also recall some people complaining  about non Elite and above passengers being in the Sky Lounge during the 5-7 PM  hours.  

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

We can see when all the Covid restrictions are lifted at some point.

I could always be mistaken.  I also seem to recall appetizers being served at other locations as well. I also recall some people complaining  about non Elite and above passengers being in the Sky Lounge during the 5-7 PM  hours.  

We would like to see the evening CC HH make a return. My Magic 8 Ball says, "cannot predict now". 

I've read posts here on CC where some cruisers asked if it is OK to bring their non elite friends, relatives to the CC HH in the SL. Caused some rumbling here. When we attend the CC HH, CC tier levels have never been mentioned during any of our conversations with other LMP. 😉

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2022 at 10:02 AM, bigbenboys said:

From the menu "Only beverages on this menu are complimentary" Red Bull or Energy Drink are not listed.

That was my understanding when they gave out the coupons or auto loaded coupons.