On Brilliance now - Poor Dining choices for Vegetarians

Just to let you know that on the Brilliance and it maybe fleet wide that there is no actual Menu for Vegetarians, there’s not actually a printed menu for Vegans but there are Vegan options on the App (which is rubbish btw)

I had this out with the Head Waiter in the MDR and was told it was company policy not to have a Vegetarian menu any longer but he could make anything he wanted for us - great so you’ve got to sit there and think up what you’d like to eat there and then whilst everyone else gets a choice, but he didn’t quite get it.

I just think it’s a very poor policy in this day and age.

This post is not a rant but rather a warning to other vegetarians 

btw - I am aware there is 1 veggie option on the menu but it’s not always to our liking (my wife hates mushrooms.. etc…)

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Phils01 said:

Just to let you know that on the Brilliance and it maybe fleet wide that there is no actual Menu for Vegetarians, there’s not actually a printed menu for Vegans but there are Vegan options on the App (which is rubbish btw)

I had this out with the Head Waiter in the MDR and was told it was company policy not to have a Vegetarian menu any longer but he could make anything he wanted for us - great so you’ve got to sit there and think up what you’d like to eat there and then whilst everyone else gets a choice, but he didn’t quite get it.

btw - I am aware there is 1 veggie option on the menu but it’s not always to our liking (my wife hates mushrooms.. etc…)

Normally, they will have you order the night before so you do not have to wait.  That is what they do for those with dietary restrictions. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the update. This is disappointing news.  My last cruise was in Dec 2019 and the waiter gave us three menus everyday.  The regular menu, an Indian menu and the vegan menu.  Do they not have the Indian menu?

16 minutes ago, kathygruvs said:

Thanks for the update. This is disappointing news.  My last cruise was in Dec 2019 and the waiter gave us three menus everyday.  The regular menu, an Indian menu and the vegan menu.  Do they not have the Indian menu?

No, not as I am aware

This is an easy work around without going bananas on this board. 

#1) Do your research.  I think RCCL has a special needs desk similar to Carnival's and they will work with you pre cruise.

#2) Just go to the Windjammer, vs MDR.  Lots of vegetable and salad offerings. Don't expect vegan unless requested.  But many gluten free selections should work for you.

• Like 1

My daughter got Indian food (more than anyone could possibly eat by themselves) every night.  There are vegetarian options listed every night in the menus on the app for my March Harmony cruise and Explorer in October and every other cruise I’ve looked at🤷‍♀️.

• Like 2

The vegan choices which you can see on the app for dinner are fleet wide. This is what I got into with a waiter on grandeur and went over her head.

2nd night I love avacado and melon salad app. I'm not vegan just love avacado. She told me I had to have pre ordered. I said it's a fleet wide menu .. she did this to me twice before I took it higher. 1st time ok maybe she is new. 2nd time she had been told so no excuse. 

The menus are on the app ... it's not a secret lol. Just scroll down. Dont need a paper menu. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

This is an easy work around without going bananas on this board. 

#1) Do your research.  I think RCCL has a special needs desk similar to Carnival's and they will work with you pre cruise.

#2) Just go to the Windjammer, vs MDR.  Lots of vegetable and salad offerings. Don't expect vegan unless requested.  But many gluten free selections should work for you.

If its listed on the app under vegan choices for that particular night, why should people have to research or go to special needs. Nonsense. Sorry.

It's a fleetwide menu. Remove the vegan items from the menu if you cant order them. Rubbish. 

And  also I had the same issue trying to order from the kids menu ... some waiters need to be trained. If it's on the menu where you can see the menu on the app, you should have no problem ordering it.

20220517_201610.jpg

20220516_174056745.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

You all may have just answered a question DH and I had about the MDR menus on the app:  We weren't sure if they were accurate for each night of the cruise and were trying to plan our MDR nights according to them.  So the app's MDR menus for each night aren't accurate?  Thanks for any info.

1 minute ago, HelenaCruiser2012 said:

You all may have just answered a question DH and I had about the MDR menus on the app:  We weren't sure if they were accurate for each night of the cruise and were trying to plan our MDR nights according to them.  So the app's MDR menus for each night aren't accurate?  Thanks for any info.

No, reasonably accurate. 

5 hours ago, Phils01 said:

Don't quite agree about the rubbish part........................

I ate off the V menu almost every night.  The grilled peach salad is wonderful, as well as the vegetable tempura, and the pan roasted asparagus.  I suggest you order a double portion if try any of these dishes, since they will be your whole meal.  The V soups looked pretty good, also.

Yes, all of these are in the app, at the bottom of the dining room and MTD menu.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, pcur said:

Don't quite agree about the rubbish part........................

I ate off the V menu almost every night.  The grilled peach salad is wonderful, as well as the vegetable tempura, and the pan roasted asparagus.  I suggest you order a double portion if try any of these dishes, since they will be your whole meal.  The V soups looked pretty good, also.

Yes, all of these are in the app, at the bottom of the dining room and MTD menu.

I like some of the soups.

So you can't order off of the vegan menu in the app? I'm sailing with my daughter this summer and thought that she could order from the menu in the app. The last time she sailed was back before they had an actual vegan menu. 

9 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

So you can't order off of the vegan menu in the app? I'm sailing with my daughter this summer and thought that she could order from the menu in the app. The last time she sailed was back before they had an actual vegan menu. 

Just point to the item you want on the app, and your waiter will get it for you.