Mariner port canaveral check in

I will be boarding mariner July 9 at port canaveral. 

can someone explain what the procedure is for when we get there. 

we will be driving. Do we drop off the luggage first then park? Or does one of us stay with the luggage while the other person parks?  From there do we go to our check in time line?

we have an 11:30 check in and are driving in from jacksonville. Trying to figure out what time to leave to be on time. 

thank you

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mommao729 said:

I will be boarding mariner July 9 at port canaveral. 

can someone explain what the procedure is for when we get there. 

we will be driving. Do we drop off the luggage first then park? Or does one of us stay with the luggage while the other person parks?  From there do we go to our check in time line?

we have an 11:30 check in and are driving in from jacksonville. Trying to figure out what time to leave to be on time. 

thank you

You drop off your luggage before you park. There is a parking garage across the street from Terminal 5. Once you park you go to the check in line.

For an 11:30 check in time, I would recommend getting to the terminal by 11:00 so you can drop off the luggage, park, and then walk back to the terminal. If there is another ship in the next terminal over (Terminal 6) everything can get a bit stacked up, and we always give ourselves a half hour to navigate any back ups.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mommao729 said:

Orville99 thank you so much for the information.

do we make reservations for the shows when we get on the ship through the app?

You make show reservations once you are on board. There should be staff set up in the Royal Promenade when you board that can help you with those. You can also use the app, but we always find it easier to talk to a real person.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

You drop off your luggage before you park. There is a parking garage across the street from Terminal 5. Once you park you go to the check in line.

For an 11:30 check in time, I would recommend getting to the terminal by 11:00 so you can drop off the luggage, park, and then walk back to the terminal. If there is another ship in the next terminal over (Terminal 6) everything can get a bit stacked up, and we always give ourselves a half hour to navigate any back ups.

I assume there must be a pickup area in that terminal for ride share or friends to pick you up?

39 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I assume there must be a pickup area in that terminal for ride share or friends to pick you up?

Yes there is. I just can’t remember here it is. It has been a long time since we sailed out of T5.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Last time we went to PC the drawbridge was up and created some back up. First time that has happened in about 1o cruises.  I agree to plan to get there at 11. We had a 11:30 check in time and probably got there ready to go into the terminal at 11:20 did not have to wait.

52 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes there is..just out the terminal door look left. There is where our private shuttle bus picked us up May 1st.

FYI...no one at PC was checking for boarding times on July 24th.

Edited by Ashland
  • Thanks 1

probably because that is almost two months from now.😇

My "Bad" :classic_blush: it was April 24th.....My senior mind is focused on my July 26th cruise now. 

Thanks for catching this blatant crazy error.

• Haha 2

Just got off Mariner this morning. No, you do not need to make reservations for shows on Mariner. You probably should make reservations for premium dining of you wish to try that, especially Chops and Izumi. 

The tricky part of parking at Terminal five at Port Canaveral is not parking, it is leaving after the cruise. Because there are only 3 pay terminals, it is very slow for everyone in the parking lot to pay. WE waited in line nearly forty minutes just to pay and leave the terminal aprking lot. But getting in to park is easy peezy. An attendant guides you to the spot to leave your luggage, then where to park. You then walk  across a bridge and wait at the terminal door for the paper checking. 

9 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Just got off Mariner this morning. No, you do not need to make reservations for shows on Mariner. You probably should make reservations for premium dining of you wish to try that, especially Chops and Izumi. 

The tricky part of parking at Terminal five at Port Canaveral is not parking, it is leaving after the cruise. Because there are only 3 pay terminals, it is very slow for everyone in the parking lot to pay. WE waited in line nearly forty minutes just to pay and leave the terminal aprking lot. But getting in to park is easy peezy. An attendant guides you to the spot to leave your luggage, then where to park. You then walk  across a bridge and wait at the terminal door for the paper checking. 

How was boarding?  Are they enforcing assigned times?

Just now, S.A.M.J.R. said:

No enforced boarding times that I observed. They were very strict about checking vaccination cards, COVID tests and Bermuda authorization papers. They actually checked the Bermuda authorization paper three times, but during the cruise, a passenger told me they never once checked his!!!

Just now, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

No enforced boarding times that I observed. They were very strict about checking vaccination cards, COVID tests and Bermuda authorization papers. They actually checked the Bermuda authorization paper three times, but during the cruise, a passenger told me they never once checked his!!!

Just now, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

I should add that the actually boarding of the ship was enforced in order of priority by Suites, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, then I think a general kind of every one else strategy. 

23 minutes ago, Ashland said:

My "Bad" :classic_blush: it was April 24th.....My senior mind is focused on my July 26th cruise now. 

Thanks for catching this blatant crazy error.

We were on that cruise, but it was the second leg of a B2B so we never saw the front of the terminal. Check in on the first leg on 4/17 was very organized however.

16 hours ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

The tricky part of parking at Terminal five at Port Canaveral is not parking, it is leaving after the cruise. Because there are only 3 pay terminals, it is very slow for everyone in the parking lot to pay.

Ironically, the Terminal 1 garage only has one more pay station than the T5-T6 garage, but because you pay when you enter rather than when you exit, there are never any back ups. It would seem to be a simple switch in traffic flow to make those pay stations in the T5 garage pay-on-entry, and the traffic jams would disappear.

16 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

No-we got to the terminal an hour early for our 12:30 check in time because I use a walker and they were waving everyone thru. Short lines. Took maybe 45 minutes from parking garage to feet on deck of the ship. You are directed to go to your muster station first to check in then are directed to go eat. Rooms available at 1pm. Loving the cruise. Food is excellent. 

• Like 2

I would avoid the expensive and long lines of the terminal parking and go to Port Canaveral Parking on Merritt Island.  Easy to get to from the highway, great shuttle at no extra cost and safe parking lot.  This is the best one and on;ly 10 minutes from the dock.

On 6/5/2022 at 12:04 PM, orville99 said:

You make show reservations once you are on board. There should be staff set up in the Royal Promenade when you board that can help you with those. You can also use the app, but we always find it easier to talk to a real person.

Since when do you need to make reservations on Voyager class ships?

11 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Since when do you need to make reservations on Voyager class ships?

You didn't need to (at least not pre shutdown), but that doesn't mean that you don't need to now. Post restart, the use of reservations as a way to limit capacity and create spacing is not at all out of the new normal way of doing things on board.

You didn't need to (at least not pre shutdown), but that doesn't mean that you don't need to now. Post restart, the use of reservations as a way to limit capacity and create spacing is not at all out of the new normal way of doing things on board.

I have been on 10 RCI cruises (4 different classes of ships) since last August. The only class ships where you had to make reservations was on Oasis class ships. But you had to do that before COVID too. 

Just don't pack away your passport, covid card, boarding pass and important papers in your luggage when you drop it off.  On a recent cruise, a couple packed away their items and it was a nightmare getting them back.  I saw them on the ship 2 days later and they said it took them over 3 hours to retrieve their suitcase and get the papers 😵.  Enjoy your cruise.