The Daily for Friday 06/10/2022

richwmn

6 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I am back from the Doctor's office.  I had been concerned about the possibility of a "you're recovered, why are you here?" reaction but the Nurse Practitioner took the issue pretty seriously.  She ordered a hip x-ray and prescribed pain medicine and I may need to go back next week depending on the results.  In the doctor's office and left the radiologist about an hour later.  She is concerned about the possibility of Arthritis which has not yet struck me.

Roy

Will not hit the like button on that. At our ages it always something. Hope the X -rays show something simple and temporary.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Greetings from Copenhagen. 

The good ship Statendam arrived early this morning and was the only cruise ship in port, as it has been most of the cruise. I'm sure many of the cruisers reading this have been there. The sun came out and it warmed to maybe 18C, comfortcomfortably cool.

20220610_115920.jpg

20220610_123238.jpg

20220610_122602.jpg

20220610_122612.jpg

20220610_125427.jpg

20220610_125435.jpg

20220610_123841.jpg

20220610_124846.jpg

Great photos especially of Nyhavn.

• Like 13

Good evening, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

A great collection of days. I like the quote and the meal.

After an early walk to Publix and back I unloaded my groceries then had a quiet morning. Storms started here just after noon and rain continued off and on until about an hour ago. I have just returned from the Friday night social; I am really enjoying the weekly gathering.

Graham, @grapau27, nice car and good looking lunch.

Jack, @Heartgrove, thank you for the update. Prayers to continue for your family.

Sandi, @StLouisCruisers, praying your tests are negative.

Roy, @rafinmd, sending prayers that the pain is not due to anything long term. 

Terri, @Cruzin Terri, I am happy your in less pain, but hope something can be done soon in order to lessen the dosage of Prednisone. 

Have a good night everyone. 

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

A few people expressed interest in a short cruise synopsis I posted in the disabled forum, so here's the link.  I hope all are doing well.  I'm about over Covid, but still taking precautions and we're not hosting any guests until after July 1st.  

~Bruno

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

@atexsix  Thank you for that review, and about how hard it was for your Dad to travel.  I have a dear friend who we have traveled with for years, and she has become "a tad forgetful" to say the least.  She acts more like a child, whines when she cant get her way, and she seems determined to only order cheeseburgers or fried shrimp with ice cream.  Her husband (my oldest friend in Atlanta) works from home, and cant see the changes as much as we can, because he is with her every day.  He wants to take a cruise with us in 24, but has no idea how his wife will be doing by then.  I recommended that they cruise sooner, but he does not want to be out and about with Covid still running rampant because who would take care of her, if something happened to him.  Good point.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@atexsix Bruno it was sad to hear about your DD experience’s and your eventually being affected by Covid. Your cruise last year to Alaska also had issues.

You have done a stellar job of taking care of DD and making his remaining years special. Bless you for being a wonderful caretaker and do wish your future cruises be more memorable

• Like 14

Thanks for all the daily information.

@JazzyV glad that your result from the  Barium Swallow is normal.

@1ANGELCATsorry that Jaguar has a tumour behind his eye, 

@smitty34877 How is Tana?  pleased that her son was able to attend the school dance.

@Heartgrove  are you able to stay a few more days to spend time  with your ailing family members?

@rafinmd Roy, when will you know the result of the X-Ray?

Fortunately went for my walk this morning, rain started after lunch, which  developed into  a shower of small snowflakes, ........ now stopped, feeble sun appearing.

Best wishes to all the Care List.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, erewhon said:

@smitty34877 How is Tana?  pleased that her son was able to attend the school dance.

@Heartgrove  are you able to stay a few more days to spend time  with your ailing family members?

Fortunately went for my walk this morning, rain started after lunch, which  developed into  a shower of small snowflakes, ........ now stopped, feeble sun appearing.

Enjoy your Saturday my friends. Kia Ora.

• Like 7

Tonight is our Sedro-Woolley High School graduation. I had 33 kids in this class and 25 of them are graduating from Sedro-Woolley and a few from other high schools. What is really nice is that they are live-streaming the graduation and I've been able to watch it from the comfort of my office chair . It's now 9:15 and it's still going amid clouds, wind and rain. 

Karen

• Like 11

Good morning from the Oosterdam in the Bay of Kotor!  Unfortunately, per the Captain we will not be able to anchor due to high winds. However, we will be staying in the bay holding position waiting for the arrival of 48 crew members. The Captain said it was very important to get these crew members aboard because they have been waiting for 3 months due to Visa issues. Not sure what airport they flew into, the Dubrovnik airport is very close—we drove by it yesterday on our tour. It was a fantastic tour and our guide was excellent. We went to a winery, a farm, and the old city. We were pleasantly surprised by Dubrovnik. Very clean, beautiful, and scenic. 

EF3760DD-3DBA-4C1A-8668-D4B67F5E9E3F.thumb.jpeg.37b48096bc2ea008e0826117c72d702e.jpeg

Sadly, this marks the ending of our cruise.  We are at sea tomorrow, getting into Trieste early Monday morning. After all, @VMax1700 & DW need to board. Bon Voyage you two!

I will post later when today’s Daily starts.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

30 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

However, we will be staying in the bay holding position waiting for the arrival of 48 crew members. The Captain said it was very important to get these crew members aboard because they have been waiting for 3 months due to Visa issues. Not sure what airport they flew into, the

The Captain has now said that there are 31 crew members. Not sure which is correct. Anyway, they are coming into Montenegro because Visas are not required here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, erewhon said:

Good timing on the walk.  Results should be Monday or Tuesday.  No news is likely good news.

Roy

• Like 7