Emerald Princess British Isles COVID.

majortom10

15 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I think it’s going to be a tough summer for the cruise lines, trying to keep covid cases down and filling their ships.  

I wonder what the fall and winter will bring us?  Hmmmm 😳

Yes, agree. Flu season in the fall, as well as Covid.

Might be another booster suggested in the fall.

6 hours ago, junglejane said:

As someone who is going on a cruise on the Emerald Princess in a little over a month, I'd like this thread to stay open and on topic. I'm hoping for more updates on what's happening on the Emerald Princess.

Agree, let’s stay on topic and respect the forum rules so that those that need the information have access to it. The red banner at the top of each page explains the forum rules with regard to CoVID discussions.  Too many threads are locked due to off topic discussions, as well as, those which break the CoVID discussion rules. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, junglejane said:

As someone who is going on a cruise on the Emerald Princess in a little over a month, I'd like this thread to stay open and on topic. I'm hoping for more updates on what's happening on the Emerald Princess.

Joining the next one(14th),  just had our pre cruise tests.

I will try to remember to report back

Current plan is to go down to the terminal early do a bag drop and  have a watch of what's going on to decide if early(preferred) or late boarding is appropriate as Southampton can have issues. 

Sky after the TA was chaos with multi hour delays, and reports are the change over yesterday of Sky had issues(fire alarm evacuate the terminal), not caught up on the details  but they left on time according to vts

For us its a numbers game,  testing and masks are very effective along with social measures, it the latter that cause issues when a ship is too full.

You can't eliminate and have a covid free ship but every step you take removes or reduces the impact of the infectious.

I think Princess are operating in Europe with the EU guidelines,  the latest(June 2022) guidelines 

https://www.healthygateways.eu/Portals/0/plcdocs/EUHG_Operational_guidelines_CoV_June2022.pdf?ver=2022-06-10-140149-413

The trigger for  increased measures is 2% over 7days  or 1% in 48hr, 

Have yet to see or hear that the lines are following the recommended contact tracing or routine testing.

Ships are hitting triggers with just volunteers coming for ward for testing, the testing for return to US highlighted how bad things had got.  

• Like 2

Unfortunately all Covid testing is open to abuse. My sister has just been to Mexico, a family of 4 Americans were tested before they left to go home. 3 tested negative and 1 positive. The tester said to the positive person here’s your positive result and here is your negative result but that will be $150. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 3:00 PM, dog said:

The reason I won’t be cruising in that region this year. Thanks for update.

Covid is EVERYWHERE and not limited to that region. For the next few years we're all going to be taking that chance anytime we step on a plane, cruise ship or go to a resort or hotel. Its not specific to any one region.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, junglejane said:

On the Emerald now. Mask compliance is about 100% everywhere you go.  The buffet hasn’t been self serve for the last couple of days. Still tons of coughing, sneezing, etc. People seem to be making the best of it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AZ Gurl said:

On the Emerald now. Mask compliance is about 100% everywhere you go.  The buffet hasn’t been self serve for the last couple of days. Still tons of coughing, sneezing, etc. People seem to be making the best of it. 

Thank you very much and I hope you can post more updates. Do you know if they are quarantining some people in their rooms, or is everyone being moved? Have you had any experience with room service, and how slow or timely is it? How crowded is the seating in the dining rooms and buffet? Thanks again for any further details you have time to post.

20 minutes ago, junglejane said:

Thank you very much and I hope you can post more updates. Do you know if they are quarantining some people in their rooms, or is everyone being moved? Have you had any experience with room service, and how slow or timely is it? How crowded is the seating in the dining rooms and buffet? Thanks again for any further details you have time to post.

They are moving the infected to deck 12. We have traveling companions up there in a balcony room. They have limited room service options but say the food is timely and good. The Lido deck is still crazy busy and it’s very hard to social distance. Still, everyone is masking per the Captain’s orders. The dining rooms seem a bit more quiet the last couple of days. I think some are now eating in their rooms or getting room service. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I am an emerald covid survivor....ruined my cruise.  Best of luck to all of you onboard...glad to hear the captain finally orders masks and people are actually following his orders.  He did not do this on my cruise and they hauled 7 busloads off at the end of the cruise for even more quarantine time post cruise.

I am frankly surprised that the media has not gotten hold of emerald covid stories to blast on the evening news....just what princess does NOT want or need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dockman said:

I am an emerald covid survivor....ruined my cruise.  Best of luck to all of you onboard...glad to hear the captain finally orders masks and people are actually following his orders.  He did not do this on my cruise and they hauled 7 busloads off at the end of the cruise for even more quarantine time post cruise.

I am frankly surprised that the media has not gotten hold of emerald covid stories to blast on the evening news....just what princess does NOT want or need.

Perhaps if someone with a bad experience alerted them then Princess might sit up and take note 

30 minutes ago, AZ Gurl said:

They are moving the infected to deck 12. We have traveling companions up there in a balcony room. They have limited room service options but say the food is timely and good. The Lido deck is still crazy busy and it’s very hard to social distance. Still, everyone is masking per the Captain’s orders. The dining rooms seem a bit more quiet the last couple of days. I think some are now eating in their rooms or getting room service. 

I have heard of them using deck 12 port side.  Do you know if they are using starboard side as well for quarantine cabins? 

9 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Covid is EVERYWHERE and not limited to that region. For the next few years we're all going to be taking that chance anytime we step on a plane, cruise ship or go to a resort or hotel. Its not specific to any one region.

That may be true but on the other forms of vacations mentioned you do not take the risk of spending thousands of dollars and then finding yourself isolated in a quarantine cabin, food delivered to you like a prisoner in styrofoam containers and mostly forgotten.  Also, it appears no matter what some cruise lines do they have not been successful in controlling the spread on their longer cruises.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

That may be true but on the other forms of vacations mentioned you do not take the risk of spending thousands of dollars and then finding yourself isolated in a quarantine cabin, food delivered to you like a prisoner in styrofoam containers and mostly forgotten.  Also, it appears no matter what some cruise lines do they have not been successful in controlling the spread on their longer cruises.

Any traveler considering a cruise for the next months simply has to factor in the potential for covid and is that a situation you can handle. While covid is everywhere I agree with the quote above in that if contracted on a land based vacation while you "should" quarantine and hopefully do the options for sitting in an outside area away from people or even stepping to the beach etc. are there.  Some of us could not handle being confined to a small cabin (even a suite) and that life for a portion of our trip.  I think if masking is again required on all ships the numbers will go down but the question is will that happen and will that be okay with you. Booking a trip these days comes requires lots of careful consideration especially if you are a higher risk person including seniors.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

You are so right!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dockman said:

Oh my! 7 bus loads to quarantine?  Do you know where they took them- London, airport hotels?

take care

4 hours ago, AZ Gurl said:

I’m glad to read people are wearing their masks. If people don’t want to follow the guidelines, then just stay home.
Why people are wandering around the ship when they obviously are not completely healthy is beyond me. Yes, there will be a few with allergies, but the rest should just stay in their cabins until they feel better. I’m my opinion, we are doing this to ourselves. Covid isn’t going away any time soon. Now with people thinking they can just board a plane because they don’t have to test to go back to the USA, it’s just asking for more spreading of the virus. I’m hoping the airlines keep their health checks in place for pre boarding. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AZ Gurl said:

They should have been be rounded up and tested.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ihopfar said:

I have heard of them using deck 12 port side.  Do you know if they are using starboard side as well for quarantine cabins? 

Our traveling companions are on the port side. Not sure if they also have people on starboard although they seem to be using cabins on both sides of the hall, so inside as well as balcony??

7 hours ago, AZ Gurl said:

Obviously not on same Emerald as I am currently on many wandering around without masks carrying drinks so they have excuse. In the 10pm show tonight about 40% were not wearing masks and people cramming into lifts when there is recommended a maximum of 6. People having meals delivered to cabins on deck 10 in cardboard boxes as obviously isolating in own cabins as all on deck 12 are full. Princess have not got control of situation and not helped by having 4 tender ports and Princess staff cramming people in to full capacity with very few wearing masks.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Obviously not on same Emerald as I am currently on many wandering around without masks carrying drinks so they have excuse. In the 10pm show tonight about 40% were not wearing masks and people cramming into lifts when there is recommended a maximum of 6. People having meals delivered to cabins on deck 10 in cardboard boxes as obviously isolating in own cabins as all on deck 12 are full. Princess have not got control of situation and not helped by having 4 tender ports and Princess staff cramming people in to full capacity with very few wearing masks.

Princess needs to protect the crew only from the passengers - the passengers are on their own protecting themselves from other passengers

8 hours ago, voljeep said:

Princess needs to protect the crew only from the passengers - the passengers are on their own protecting themselves from other passengers

Nonsense Princess have a company policy to protect passengers and staff and have a duty to do so. They should not have filled tenders at 4 ports to full capacity without insisting the wearing of masks. The Captain made announcement that compulsory wearing of masks inside unless drinking or eating and nobody is enforcing it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I’m glad to read people are wearing their masks. If people don’t want to follow the guidelines, then just stay home.
Why people are wandering around the ship when they obviously are not completely healthy is beyond me. Yes, there will be a few with allergies, but the rest should just stay in their cabins until they feel better. I’m my opinion, we are doing this to ourselves. Covid isn’t going away any time soon. Now with people thinking they can just board a plane because they don’t have to test to go back to the USA, it’s just asking for more spreading of the virus. I’m hoping the airlines keep their health checks in place for pre boarding. 

They aren't wearing masks last night in theatre for 10pm show about 40% were not wearing masks and many walking around the ship without masks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1