Noisy Onboard Neighbors

surfergirl15

2 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

The few I sailed on were beyond packed, I can't speak for all the other ships. However, if they were short by just a few people it wouldn't surprise me.

43 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Carnival is discounting as necessary to fill every berth they can. Expect a sold out cruise.

Glad to see things pick up. I will say that I am checking availability <1 week out and I see availability. 

10 hours ago, DrSea said:

I am expecting it to be more packed. But are CCL ships sailing at 100% occupancy? I find that hard to believe. 

Correct me if I am wrong

John Heald posted about trying to get on one of the ships but all rooms were sold out.  Maybe not all of them but a good number are. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 1:13 PM, tallnthensome said:

When you wake up at 7AM be sure to make as much noise as you can when they just got to sleep and bang on their walls and talk loudly. Dial their room number from your desk phone (accidentally) and ring them then hang up.. Be sure to knock loudly on their door in the morning to wake them up for nothing as you head out. This is the advice Carnival guest services gave me. Works well ......

See, I'm petty AF. I would get up early and beat on their door and walls!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DrSea said:

I am expecting it to be more packed. But are CCL ships sailing at 100% occupancy? I find that hard to believe. 

Correct me if I am wrong

There are zero cabins available on our Mardi Gras sailing leaving next Saturday (6/25). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

There are zero cabins available on our Mardi Gras sailing leaving next Saturday (6/25). 

And I really doubt they're holding any back "just in case" someone has a problem - those cabins are worth thousands and when they're burning millions a month, every dollar counts.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DrSea said:

Correct me if I am wrong

A TA on my sailing that leaves tomorrow said there were only about 10 cabins left.

• Like 1

Ha! I was laughed at for bringing along my decibel meter (along with my portable breathalyzer and a current issue of Vogue I can use to determine dressiness of Formal Night dinner partners), but now who's laughing (at a respectful 42db so as not to bother anyone else). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can tell you, after spending 2 weeks Back to Back, 5 decks above the Havana pool area on Mardi Gras, I would never book a Havana cabin or anywhere on that side of the ship again. Loud and unruly drunks took over that pool at times both weeks. Some absolutely obnoxious behavior. Loud and constant screaming and yelling. Some were literally falling down drunk and still being served drinks by waiters. Both weeks these groups were middle aged and older. I imagine many other Havana guests were very upset their imagined semi-private oasis was rendered nearly unusable.  

This and other behavior has me seriously considering another line.  And even that is no guarantee. Jerks exist everywhere. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, mz-s said:

And I really doubt they're holding any back "just in case" someone has a problem - those cabins are worth thousands and when they're burning millions a month, every dollar counts.

And even if they were holding a couple of cabins for issues that might arise, what are the odds they're premium cabins? We're paying for an aft extended balcony, so getting moved to an inside cabin definitely wouldn't cut it.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, cruisegus said:

It is recreational use in many states now, so they are more likely to take the risk than in the past.  Besides if they get turned over to US authorities with our liberal prosecutors they know they are just going to be told not to do it again and suffer no real consequences.

Couple that with the fact that the ship authorities want as little confrontation as possible with guests

Then they shouldn't have a policy against it if it's not going to be enforced.  Just sayin....

Drug Free Zones
Carnival recognizes that some states in the U.S. have fully legalized the use of recreational and/or medical marijuana. However, cruise lines are required to follow U.S. federal law, which strictly prohibits possession and use of marijuana and other illegal, controlled substances.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bandman said:

I can tell you, after spending 2 weeks Back to Back, 5 decks above the Havana pool area on Mardi Gras, I would never book a Havana cabin or anywhere on that side of the ship again. Loud and unruly drunks took over that pool at times both weeks. Some absolutely obnoxious behavior. Loud and constant screaming and yelling. Some were literally falling down drunk and still being served drinks by waiters. Both weeks these groups were middle aged and older. I imagine many other Havana guests were very upset their imagined semi-private oasis was rendered nearly unusable.  

This and other behavior has me seriously considering another line.  And even that is no guarantee. Jerks exist everywhere. 

For me, I enjoy watching the show. 

When I am on other lines, it can feel kind of boring sometimes. I miss the chaos and commotion. It's very entertaining. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, DrSea said:

For me, I enjoy watching the show. 

When I am on other lines, it can feel kind of boring sometimes. I miss the chaos and commotion. It's very entertaining. 

That's one of the things I'm looking forward to about having a balcony looking over the aft Patio pool area on MG. We can enjoy a show without the earsplitting bump-and-grind music on the Lido in the afternoons.

• Like 1

Just now, SRQbeachgirl said:

That's one of the things I'm looking forward to about having a balcony looking over the aft Patio pool area on MG. We can enjoy a show without the earsplitting bump-and-grind music on the Lido in the afternoons.

People watching must be a blast.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bandman said:

Just obnoxious drunks with more money to spend has been our experience. 

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Just obnoxious drunks with more money to spend has been our experience. 

I wasn't obnoxious, I was just drunk :).

See the source image

Our favorite Havana Club experience was the little guy with the HUGE pot belly wearing a beanie cap with a propeller on top. When he did have a tee shirt on, the message on the front was something like:

I don't have a bald spot. It's a sex machine solar panel. 

He's come waddling (staggering) out exclaiming, "I'm here. The party can start now!"

You simply can't make this stuff up. 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We had a noisy and smoky cabin down the hall with multiple security runs, and I took a different approach.  Apparently they had a billing issue and their letter requesting them to come to guest services was placed on my door by mistake on the last night.  Knowing they needed to take care of it or they couldn't leave the ship, I accidentally forgot to give it to them.  I hope they waited in the same 30 minute line as we did to get off the ship, but got turned back at the end when they scanned their cards. 

Another one not ship related.  Our new neighbors enjoyed camping in their yard and partying late into the night.  They of course put the tent and firepit away from their house which ended up 30 feet from our bedroom window.  We couldn't open our windows because of the smoke, and the noise was ridiculous until 3am.  That morning my husband got up at 6, fired up the lawn tractor and proceeded to mow the grass slowly along the property line over and over until they bailed for the house.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

50 minutes ago, JennKach said:

We had a noisy and smoky cabin down the hall with multiple security runs, and I took a different approach.  Apparently they had a billing issue and their letter requesting them to come to guest services was placed on my door by mistake on the last night.  Knowing they needed to take care of it or they couldn't leave the ship, I accidentally forgot to give it to them.  I hope they waited in the same 30 minute line as we did to get off the ship, but got turned back at the end when they scanned their cards. 

Another one not ship related.  Our new neighbors enjoyed camping in their yard and partying late into the night.  They of course put the tent and firepit away from their house which ended up 30 feet from our bedroom window.  We couldn't open our windows because of the smoke, and the noise was ridiculous until 3am.  That morning my husband got up at 6, fired up the lawn tractor and proceeded to mow the grass slowly along the property line over and over until they bailed for the house.    

Since we have veered into the camping world comparison—-We were tent camping once when late at night the neighboring tent seemed to be having a zipper contest. Zip the tent, zip the sleeping bag, unzip the bag, unzip the tent, zip the tent. You get the picture. After tossing and turning for about half an hour of this, my husband exclaimed in a rather loud voice “the next time I hear a zipper I’m tying a rope from a tent to my bumper and taking off”. Not another sound. 😆 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/16/2022 at 1:04 PM, sthrnbll said:

See, I'm petty AF.

I would get up early and beat on their door and walls!

No no no, you're an amateur.

SO much more effective to take note of their cabin number

and ring them with a cheerful wake-up call. Several times.
Anonymous AF too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2