The Daily for Monday 06/13/2022

richwmn

@0106 Thank you for the article regarding the cats.  I read once that an outdoor cat will be lucky to live a year, an indoor cat can live up to 22.  Fawn the Feral is now 4.  She will sometimes get on the porch to sleep, which is good, and I will close her in, so she is safe.  The howling coyote last week was a wake up call for me, to get this cat somehow inside.  We love her dearly, and she is wild, but I would hate it if something terrible happened to her.

Good night all my Angel friends

562302964-2fd1a402f206f080e40970d38d61a01b.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Am late to post today,  missed yesterday as we had to do a Statistics department household survey....a compulsory survey.

Have not been to today's port, thanks for  the photos and information.

@Heartgrove sincere condolences on the passing of your sister, pleased that you were able to spend that time with her.

@ger_77 the angel wings are beautiful.

@Vict0riann my DH also had that procedure after his cataract surgery.

@smitty34877 what a horrible experience, thank goodness for the gas alarm.  Hope that the repairs will be completed quickly.

@Crazy For Cats  congratulations on the upsell to the Neptune Suite.  Enjoy.

@kazu  Welcome back, am so pleased to see you posting again on the "Daily".

Managed to go for my walk between rain showers this afternoon.

Best wishes to all on the Care List.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Good morning from Venice!  Yesterday was a blur with the bus ride and mess to obtain a water taxi. Some things never change. Glad we experienced it before just so we knew that it was normal. 

Our favorite church.  Has anyone ever seen Pane e Tulipani?  If you have this is one of the areas that it was filmed. 

Santa Maria dei Miracoli:

B2C70844-37DD-4B67-8DF4-B92C660A7140.thumb.jpeg.43249d6e20bc70b9a2d844076c6a6b2c.jpeg

B8DECC2E-592B-4C76-B7DE-5740E1FC28A5.thumb.jpeg.8d796baa0e46f0ea70111f0969972a48.jpeg

The ceiling. Flash not allowed. 

787C0581-790C-4C2A-B4E0-AAF9D73489E4.thumb.jpeg.8fd2d5b00652b00303292ab4e6325fbf.jpeg

I haven’t been able to catch up with the Daily but I did see Jacqui had posted. So good to see you @kazu!

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Photo
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, erewhon said:

Am late to post today,  missed yesterday as we had to do a Statistics department household survey....a compulsory survey.

Have not been to today's port, thanks for  the photos and information.

@Heartgrove sincere condolences on the passing of your sister, pleased that you were able to spend that time with her.

@ger_77 the angel wings are beautiful.

@Vict0riann my DH also had that procedure after his cataract surgery.

@smitty34877 what a horrible experience, thank goodness for the gas alarm.  Hope that the repairs will be completed quickly.

@Crazy For Cats  congratulations on the upsell to the Neptune Suite.  Enjoy.

@kazu  Welcome back, am so pleased to see you posting again on the "Daily".

Managed to go for my walk between rain showers this afternoon.

Best wishes to all on the Care List.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Is the Statistics survey intended to serve as a census of your Country's citizens?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Is the Statistics survey intended to serve as a census of your Country's citizens?

@cat shepard the survey was quite different to the census, our address was randomly chosen, some of the information could have been obtained from other sources, for instance, the value of our house. They needed to know our income, can we afford to buy clothes, shop at supermarket etc.  Some of the questions were about  ability to self shower, dress, walk ,walk stairs, vision, hearing.     Each individual occupant of the house had to respond to the questions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, erewhon said:

@cat shepard the survey was quite different to the census, our address was randomly chosen, some of the information could have been obtained from other sources, for instance, the value of our house. They needed to know our income, can we afford to buy clothes, shop at supermarket etc.  Some of the questions were about  ability to self shower, dress, walk ,walk stairs, vision, hearing.     Each individual occupant of the house had to respond to the questions.

Thank you for your response. 

How interesting.  I wonder if a certain group was targeted to receive the survey, e.g. Over 65? Very different from our Census questions. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Very interesting. We get these questions as part of our Medicare examination. But your questions are much more detailed in regards to income and home value. Thank you for sharing this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for your response. 

How interesting.  I wonder if a certain group was targeted to receive the survey, e.g. Over 65? Very different from our Census questions. 

@cat shepard

When I asked why we were chosen, was told that it was entirely random,the survey request being sent to thousands of addresses  around the country, if the occupiers did not make contact with the statistics dept, a staff member would be sent to the address to arrange a 

time for the survey.

This was completely separate from the Census.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2