How many got Covid on this Cruise?? Disembarked 13. June.

Krydstosser

Hey Guys 

We just disembarked from Celebrity Reflection the 13th. of june after a wonderful cruise, we got a PCR test on the 14th and we both testet positive for covid. We had a wonderful cruise and has nothing to complain about, we are just curious how many got it. We did not participated in floor dance in the Grand foyer and were very Cautious about our behavior and wearing mask at excursions and so on. 

We have a little fewer and coughing and our throat hurt, we will manage through it. 

Ugh.  I'm so sorry to hear you would up with it.  I'm glad to hear that it's a mild case, but that's still no fun.  May your recovery be swift and smooth.

I wasn't on the sailing, so I'm no use there.  

The number of people who contract it on the ship normally isn’t available unless announced on the ship.  The number of people who, like you, tested positive after the cruise certainly isn’t, even if anybody could figure it out.

I am really sorry that you tested positive after the cruise. We were on the same cruise and it wouldn't surprise me if more have also tested positive since disembarking. With the captain announcing that there were 19 cases on 9 June and then announcing on 12 June that there were more cases but didn't give a number, I suspect that Covid cases may have been higher than we will ever know.

We also had a fabulous cruise but unfortunately not everyone did take precautions. During our shore excursion in Kotor we were the only people on the bus wearing masks. We also noticed that about 75% of passengers waiting in the theatre for their shore excursions did not wear masks, unlike when everyone wore masks and socially distanced during shows in the theatre. There were many people coughing and sneezing towards the end of the cruise who were not wearing masks, including on the shuttle bus in Livorno. Of course there were also risks in picking it up while on shore.

It is such a shame that you took precautions and still ended up with Covid. I hope you recover quickly.

• Like 1

We have done 5 cruises since last November and did get covid after being on Apex. We were boostered and cautious but every ship has covid on it. It's a crap shoot now to cruise.  We will do land travel for the summer and cruise again inthe fall.

• Like 1

It’s alarming how many people are testing positive when they get home. I have done three cruises in the last year and have two more in the he next three months. So far we have not had Covid-19. I am a bit nervous about my upcoming cruises. 

• Like 1

We disembarked the Apex on a Saturday and DH tested positive on Monday night.

Was it from the ship or the plane ride home just after the mask mandate was dropped, who knows.  We didn’t contact Celebrity not sure why we would.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

We disembarked the Apex on a Saturday and DH tested positive on Monday night.

Was it from the ship or the plane ride home just after the mask mandate was dropped, who knows.  We didn’t contact Celebrity not sure why we would.

It would be from the ship as the time line is too narrow to have gotten it on the flight. Usually 4 to 7 days

10 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

It would be from the ship as the time line is too narrow to have gotten it on the flight. Usually 4 to 7 days

The current strain running around actually is closer to 2 days, but I still agree that it sounds like OP got it on board.

46 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

I have seen everything from 2 to 14 days.  The person sitting next to my DH was a coughing, sneezing machine with no mask.  The plane was full so no place to move.

Fortunately DH and I were seated in separate areas.

2 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

It’s alarming how many people are testing positive when they get home. I have done three cruises in the last year and have two more in the he next three months. So far we have not had Covid-19. I am a bit nervous about my upcoming cruises. 

When do you travel? If any time soon I would suggest you cruise with the expectation of getting it!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lovrccl said:

We have done 5 cruises since last November and did get covid after being on Apex. We were boostered and cautious but every ship has covid on it. It's a crap shoot now to cruise.  We will do land travel for the summer and cruise again inthe fall.

It is a crap shoot to go anywhere or do anything with others today.  Motels, grocery, restaurants all have covid issues 

• Like 1

Drove to port.  Haven’t flown in 2+ years. Wore masks.  Did PCR and antigen tests before boarding. Both negative.  On ship wore masks. Tried to distance. Impossible at times because of the crowds.  Got Covid 2 days after disembarkation. It’s a risk leaving your house. 

10 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Drove to port.  Haven’t flown in 2+ years. Wore masks.  Did PCR and antigen tests before boarding. Both negative.  On ship wore masks. Tried to distance. Impossible at times because of the crowds.  Got Covid 2 days after disembarkation. It’s a risk leaving your house. 

you would have 'got it' on the cruise. Masks come off to eat and drink

• Like 1

We tested Positive the day we returned (13th) from the cruise  & still are Positive! My DH is feeling fine even thought positive, he was double boosted but I am feeling really poorly - Chesty, Queasy & Exhausted - I only had 1 booster so not sure if that made any difference!

Edited by lydnsyd

According to the CDC chart, 81 out of 92 ships are now orange which means a minimum of .3% of passengers and crew are positive. The ship counts typically follow what's happening on land. It's a risky time to do any large group activities including cruising and yet, most of those afflicted seem to be mild cases. We've bumped our scheduled cruises out until next year and are doing land- based trips for now. Everyone has their own comfort level for risk. I'm not as worried about the initial illness, I'm more concerned about the long-term effects that are showing up in 20% of cases. But again, everyone has their own issues with risk. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2