Do you think p&o would move me?

Vampiress88

So I’m looking at Christmas cruises. Mad I know but there’s a reasonable deal on if it’s a saver fare but it means I can’t choose the cabin. Not so fussed to choose but there are still the dodgy deck 8 cabins on the new ship arvia and that’s one I don’t want. 
I tend to walk around with no clothes on a lot and sunbath on the balcony topless. Strange I know but even though I’m big I’m all for body confidence etc etc. 

I would hate to restrict how I am being in one of that dodgy cabins so my question would be if I am walking around topless in my cabin or sunbathing and people can see me then I would assume p&o would move me cabins? 
right? 

4 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

So I’m looking at Christmas cruises. Mad I know but there’s a reasonable deal on if it’s a saver fare but it means I can’t choose the cabin. Not so fussed to choose but there are still the dodgy deck 8 cabins on the new ship arvia and that’s one I don’t want. 
I tend to walk around with no clothes on a lot and sunbath on the balcony topless. Strange I know but even though I’m big I’m all for body confidence etc etc. 

I would hate to restrict how I am being in one of that dodgy cabins so my question would be if I am walking around topless in my cabin or sunbathing and people can see me then I would assume p&o would move me cabins? 
right? 

I would think that it is unlikely that P&O would move you just because you are walking around or sunbathing topless.  You can never be sure that they would have a spare cabin to move you to if someone complained so in that case they might ask you not to walk around without clothes.  I have seen plenty of ladies sunbathing topless on various ships.

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I would think that it is unlikely that P&O would move you just because you are walking around or sunbathing topless.  You can never be sure that they would have a spare cabin to move you to if someone complained so in that case they might ask you not to walk around without clothes.  I have seen plenty of ladies sunbathing topless on various ships.

surely they cannot ask me to wear clothes in my own cabin? 
topless is obviously just an opinion cos it doesn’t bother me but does some so wouldn’t want to be restricted. 

im not going to pay all that money and not walk around how I feel comfortable in the cabin. Obviously I will dress appropriately else where. 

7 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

surely they cannot ask me to wear clothes in my own cabin? 
topless is obviously just an opinion cos it doesn’t bother me but does some so wouldn’t want to be restricted. 

im not going to pay all that money and not walk around how I feel comfortable in the cabin. Obviously I will dress appropriately else where. 

I don't think that people can see into your cabin so there wouldn't be a problem, Graham  @grapau27can probably say whether or not people can see into the Iona deck 8 cabins because I think that he has been on one.

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

right? 

Probably best to avoid an overlooked balcony as well. 🫣😵

right? 

Great question. Great tactics. But impossible to predict how P&O would react.

They might ask you to cover up, but as you rightly say it’s entirely up to you how you dress, or don’t dress, in your own cabin.

Mind you, that would also apply at a window in your house that happened to be overlooked by a public highway, and you’d probably get a visit from HM Constabulary - we have a very strange attitude to nakedness in this country!

• Like 1

What do they assume all the parents are doing when we get rid of the kids in the club 😂 

not sure people would want to see that! 

Luckily you can’t really see into my house. But don’t look in the garden. 

P&o have said to pay extra anyway to get a different grade on the saver fare that wouldn’t be the deck 8’s but just wondered on the off chance. 

Early savers allow you to make some choices about cabin grades/locations.  If you stipulate ‘not forward’ and no upgrade (can you do that?) would that mean you could make sure you didn’t get allocated the dreaded deck 8?

I don’t know - does anybody?

I don’t think you have any choice with late savers

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Early savers allow you to make some choices about cabin grades/locations.  If you stipulate ‘not forward’ and no upgrade (can you do that?) would that mean you could make sure you didn’t get allocated the dreaded deck 8?

I don’t know - does anybody?

I don’t think you have any choice with late savers

well if they are charging me extra £200 to go for a hirer grade cabin so I can avoid putting on a peep show then they better give me what I’ve paid for and not upgrade me. Otherwise what’s the point in me paying extra. 

well if they are charging me extra £200 to go for a hirer grade cabin so I can avoid putting on a peep show then they better give me what I’ve paid for and not upgrade me. Otherwise what’s the point in me paying extra. 

I can't see the problem.....well not from here. I thought the dress code was only in the evenings.,🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

right? 

If you opt for the grade higher than the deck 8 cabins you dont want, you should be safe.

20 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

right? 

Just a word of warning.  Due to Iona’s design, particularly with the recessed cabins flanked by extra long balconies, there are a number of balconies that are overlooked from the side, on all decks. If complete privacy is important to you I would advise looking at the deck plan carefully. 

Edited by SarahHben

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Just a word of warning.  Due to Iona’s design, particularly with the recessed cabins flanked by extra long balconies, there are a number of balconies that are overlooked from the side, on all decks. If complete privacy is important to you I would advise looking at the deck plan carefully. 

im not that bothered if anyone sees me topless to be honest. More thinking that others would be bothered lol

its for arvia I was looking at. With iona I’ve already paid the select fare and booked cabins we think will be good. I just couldn’t pay £1k more just to select a cabin myself. 
might not go now anyway. Forecast a recession so might be off the table. Was a pretty crazy idea anyway booking a forth holiday. 

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

A few years ago I wore pineapple swim shorts. An American Lady explained what pineapples meant and asked for our cabin number. I don't wear them any more.🤔....

• Pineapple shorts you say? A friend of mine was asking the other day, purely coincidentally, where one might obtain said items………
  • Haha 2

Upside down pineapples? What sheltered lives we must have lived, still it sound more practical than taking papas grass onboard. We had assumed that the younger cruisers used apps on their smart phones

Edited by Bill Y
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bill Y said:

Upside down pineapples? What sheltered lives we must have lived, still it sound more practical than taking pampas grass onboard. We had assumed that the younger cruisers used apps on their smart phones

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:
  • Pineapple shorts you say? A friend of mine was asking the other day, purely coincidentally, where one might obtain said items………

Quite exclusive. I think DW got mine in Primark........now I'm wondering why🤔

• Haha 1