Crown issues....will this never end!

suzyed

2 hours ago, teh3505 said:

I cannot believe their giving another $100 credit, so the credit is now up to $200.00.  They should offer a full future cruise credit for such a mess.  How do others feel?

Of course we agree.  We would be happy with even 1/2 the fair back.

Edited by suzyed

12 hours ago, teh3505 said:

I cannot believe their giving another $100 credit, so the credit is now up to $200.00.  They should offer a full future cruise credit for such a mess.  How do others feel?

To me, $100 is laughable.  (If it wasn’t insulting.)With the cost of a cruise and the cost to get to embarkation city $100 is nothing.  People are on this cruise to see Alaska, not a cruise to nowhere. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, jeno said:

To me, $100 is laughable.  (If it wasn’t insulting.)With the cost of a cruise and the cost to get to embarkation city $100 is nothing.  People are on this cruise to see Alaska, not a cruise to nowhere. 

If it were the Caribbean I wouldn't be to upset as we've been to ALL the ports numerous time over but it would really be upset on an Alaskan trip since we've only seen the ports once or twice.

• Like 1

What Princess is doing concerning the Crown Princess is bordering on Fraud. They knew well before the start of the Alaska season that there were serious issues with the engines on the Crown and has done nothing to repair them. Yet Princess continues to sail this broken ship, cancels ports and excursions, and is still booking passengers for it while NOT informing them of the engine issues. Princess cares more about money than it does its passengers or guests. Shame on Princess!

•  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, MrBreeze said:
 What Princess is doing concerning the Crown Princess is bordering on Fraud. They knew well before the start of the Alaska season that there were serious issues with the engines on the Crown and has done nothing to repair them. Yet Princess continues to sail this broken ship, cancels ports and excursions, and is still booking passengers for it while NOT informing them of the engine issues. Princess cares more about money than it does its passengers or guests. Shame on Princess!

Only if you could prove that the delayment occurred from the same exact problem.

This would almost be impossible to find out.

Good luck. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

If it were the Caribbean I wouldn't be to upset as we've been to ALL the ports numerous time over but it would really be upset on an Alaskan trip since we've only seen the ports once or twice.

And our family going along with us have never been to Alaska.  I was so looking forward to witnessing all the wonder and fun of Alaska as they experienced it for the first time.
Fingers crossed that we still get to see Glacier Bay...which is the reason we booked this sailing to begin with. 🤞

• Like 4

It is too bad you are 3 weeks out, so not within the 30 day cruise/ cancel with confidence.

I used that twice, chose Discovery Princess for my Alaska cruise. I read about Crown’s issues many months ago.

shame on Princess- more compensation Is due

hope you enjoy your family time and stay safe. Happy 70 th to your DH.

P.S. For Christmas my DIL picked out cleaning rags & a dust cloth for my gift!!! Love them.

• Like 1

I agree with poster above...it is fraud.  This is a well known problem and they don't want to lose the $$ so just keep that ship going.  I don't know why anyone books it.  Should be warnings on the contract. Sure one can miss a port from time to time but this is a KNOWN PROBLEM.  The ship is not able to keep the advertised schedule. They should refund in full.

• Like 3

On 6/18/2022 at 12:13 PM, donaldsc said:

I wonder how many of the people on this cruise will continue to cruise Princess or will they say "enough is enough".  We all know the answer - they will continue to sail Princess either because they do not want to bother to seek alternatives or because they don't want to give up their loyalty perks..  If this is the case, why should Princess care.

DON

This is such a good point..I think that, despite everything, people are far from ready to say “enough is enough”.. Judging from the comments that I’ve read on other forums people are very willing to be accommodating and patient and not ready to demand that Princess take some responsibility for their disappointing and frustrating experiences. Also loyalty perks might soon not be a reason to stay..they are slowly fading away with hardly a whimper from anyone…why would Princess stop doing what it’s doing when its worked so well so far?

• Like 1

Called our CP this morning about potentially switching our September cruise on the Crown b/c of the engine issues. She did tell us that the Crown was missing ports but mentioned they are already “working on it”. She was honest to say that she doesn’t know if the issue will be fixed by September but there’s still some time. If the itinerary needs to be changed, we will get an email notice….So we decided to hold off changing anything until the 30 days, and if it’s not fixed by then we will use the Cruise with Confidence policy to book another ship instead. 

I was checking CruiseMapper and it looks like the ship is making 20 knots from time to time, so hopefully it’s because they are “working on it” and the speed is improving.

23 hours ago, Camelia- said:

This is such a good point..I think that, despite everything, people are far from ready to say “enough is enough”.. Judging from the comments that I’ve read on other forums people are very willing to be accommodating and patient and not ready to demand that Princess take some responsibility for their disappointing and frustrating experiences. Also loyalty perks might soon not be a reason to stay..they are slowly fading away with hardly a whimper from anyone…why would Princess stop doing what it’s doing when its worked so well so far?

23 hours ago, Camelia- said:

This is a golden Opportunity for a competitor to match tiers to steal loyal passenger's, if I were headof marketing for a Cruise line that's exactly what I would do.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CruisingRagdoll said:

Called our CP this morning about potentially switching our September cruise on the Crown b/c of the engine issues. She did tell us that the Crown was missing ports but mentioned they are already “working on it”. She was honest to say that she doesn’t know if the issue will be fixed by September but there’s still some time. If the itinerary needs to be changed, we will get an email notice….So we decided to hold off changing anything until the 30 days, and if it’s not fixed by then we will use the Cruise with Confidence policy to book another ship instead. 

I was checking CruiseMapper and it looks like the ship is making 20 knots from time to time, so hopefully it’s because they are “working on it” and the speed is improving.

Your choice. I wouldn’t wait to switch. Discovery is a beautiful new ship!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruisingRagdoll said:

Just off the June 11th cruise.  Crown did make better time into Juneau and Victoria by an extra hour or so.  Not sure if it's because they are working on the engines or changed where the ship sails.  Some of the issues with the fouled chiller lines after sitting dormant for so long may be working it's way out, but I think the diesel generator might still have a problem.  Crown seems like she is going to shake herself to pieces the vibration and shudder is so bad.

Crown was the first to leave port and she was passed by two HAL and an NCL ship during the evening/night.  By the second day she had picked up enough speed to get into Juneau a bit after 1600 instead of the scheduled 1730.  This part of the itinerary is outside of the inside passage.

After Glacier Bay, since we did not stop at Icy Strait or have to loop up to Ketchikan, Crown went outside of the Inside Passage again as far as we could tell.  So, that allowed her to pick up speed and make it early into Victoria.  I don't think she has the get up and go to leave those extra ports and make speed.  This is my humble take on the situation.

We did get to Glacier Bay, which had fantastic weather.  The staff and crew were outstanding and did their best.  I think the kids got a little bored since there was so much sea time and not really a lot to do on the ship for them.  They did a lot of various scavenger hunts.

We had a group for this cruise and switching would have been difficult.  So, we made the best of it and enjoyed the time with family and friends.  Internet was horrible, even more so than I remember for Alaska.  The day in Skagway there seemed to be ship-wide plumbing issues but were resolved quickly.  Our toilet had backed up and was fixed after a couple of hours.  I had a massage and they were checking the water in the Spa.

We were on a cruise, on vacation, and not at work.  However, the price we paid for the cruise, which was before all the sale pricing, was too much.  The communication from Princess about the itinerary changes, OBC offered, etc. has been poorly handled.  And, nothing seems to have been applied consistently between cruises.

Yes, I know we signed the Passage Contract and yes I know that Princess has the right to switch ports.  But, at some point the cruise doesn't even resemble what was paid for.  Our time in Alaskan ports was reduced by over 40%.  I don't think Crown is unsafe, just debilitated, like driving on a donut spare tire.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, jk04 said:

Just off the June 11th cruise.  Crown did make better time into Juneau and Victoria by an extra hour or so.  Not sure if it's because they are working on the engines or changed where the ship sails.  Some of the issues with the fouled chiller lines after sitting dormant for so long may be working it's way out, but I think the diesel generator might still have a problem.  Crown seems like she is going to shake herself to pieces the vibration and shudder is so bad.

Crown was the first to leave port and she was passed by two HAL and an NCL ship during the evening/night.  By the second day she had picked up enough speed to get into Juneau a bit after 1600 instead of the scheduled 1730.  This part of the itinerary is outside of the inside passage.

After Glacier Bay, since we did not stop at Icy Strait or have to loop up to Ketchikan, Crown went outside of the Inside Passage again as far as we could tell.  So, that allowed her to pick up speed and make it early into Victoria.  I don't think she has the get up and go to leave those extra ports and make speed.  This is my humble take on the situation.

We did get to Glacier Bay, which had fantastic weather.  The staff and crew were outstanding and did their best.  I think the kids got a little bored since there was so much sea time and not really a lot to do on the ship for them.  They did a lot of various scavenger hunts.

We had a group for this cruise and switching would have been difficult.  So, we made the best of it and enjoyed the time with family and friends.  Internet was horrible, even more so than I remember for Alaska.  The day in Skagway there seemed to be ship-wide plumbing issues but were resolved quickly.  Our toilet had backed up and was fixed after a couple of hours.  I had a massage and they were checking the water in the Spa.

We were on a cruise, on vacation, and not at work.  However, the price we paid for the cruise, which was before all the sale pricing, was too much.  The communication from Princess about the itinerary changes, OBC offered, etc. has been poorly handled.  And, nothing seems to have been applied consistently between cruises.

Yes, I know we signed the Passage Contract and yes I know that Princess has the right to switch ports.  But, at some point the cruise doesn't even resemble what was paid for.  Our time in Alaskan ports was reduced by over 40%.  I don't think Crown is unsafe, just debilitated, like driving on a donut spare tire.  

Agree!

4 hours ago, CruisingRagdoll said:

If you're local, it would be easy to do. But if you need to fly to Seattle, I'd go ahead and switch so your airline tickets are taken care of.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kineticoh20 said:

This is a golden Opportunity for a competitor to match tiers to steal loyal passenger's, if I were headof marketing for a Cruise line that's exactly what I would do.

MSC has a status match program and not just to other cruise lines. Also applicable to other loyalty programs, e.g. hotels & airlines. Because of the match to our Elite, we tried the MSC Seaside in 2018 and had a great time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mingus said:

MSC has a status match program and not just to other cruise lines. Also applicable to other loyalty programs, e.g. hotels & airlines. Because of the match to our Elite, we tried the MSC Seaside in 2018 and had a great time.

It’s very difficult to get since COVID. I’m not really even sure it still exists. I’ve applied 3 times in the past 20 months, to no avail. I’ve been told that the review takes place in Italy. 

On 6/20/2022 at 5:50 PM, CruisingRagdoll said:

Some are getting a notice of a port being dropped the night before the cruise.

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Some are getting a notice of a port being dropped the night before the cruise.

We sail in July.  Ketchikan is gone and now we are getting in to Juneau at 4:00 but may even be later.  We've heard that most of the other sailings did not make it to Icy Strait Point (the replacement for Ketchikan) and that many if not most of the shore excursion in Victoria are cancelled.
I'm thinking of having t-shirts made for our group: "Crown Princess, Cruise to Nowhere"  😜

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

We sail in July.  Ketchikan is gone and now we are getting in to Juneau at 4:00 but may even be later.  We've heard that most of the other sailings did not make it to Icy Strait Point (the replacement for Ketchikan) and that many if not most of the shore excursion in Victoria are cancelled.
I'm thinking of having t-shirts made for our group: "Crown Princess, Cruise to Nowhere"  😜

It would make the staff laugh!