Celebrity Sale for Solo Cruisers: No Supplement Charge For Selected Sailings

mahdnc

1 hour ago, basenji56 said:

Thank you for posting this.  At first, I thought this was only for the solo cabins on Edge class ships.  But I was able to save some money for an E4 I had already booked as a solo.

We’re you able to find the lower price on line?  I was on hold for over an hour with Celebrity, and then the rep could not find any additional savings for me on two solo cruises I have booked that are listed on the spreadsheet.  Is there a special promotion code needed?

17 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

We’re you able to find the lower price on line?  I was on hold for over an hour with Celebrity, and then the rep could not find any additional savings for me on two solo cruises I have booked that are listed on the spreadsheet.  Is there a special promotion code needed?

When I do a mock on-line booking on Celebrity's website for the Oct 22 Constellation TA, an eligible cruise, I see this:

image.thumb.png.09d4a5479b9355213bdbf5b19b001029.png

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

@mahdnc So if it says "100%" in the single supplement column, it should be included? I looked at mine online - just the Celebrity website - and it did show the 60% off which is the current advertised promotion. If my TA goes through the site you listed (I assume a TA site) it should drop it to 100%?

I don't know the answer to your question.  Sorry.  In my prior post, I was just trying to point out to @Suzanne123 that a discount titled, "Sailing Solo Offer" should be appearing when you try to do your own booking on Celebrity's website.

As far as the TA website is concerned, it is not set up to accept reservations--a different system is used.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

@mahdnc So if it says "100%" in the single supplement column, it should be included? I looked at mine online - just the Celebrity website - and it did show the 60% off which is the current advertised promotion. If my TA goes through the site you listed (I assume a TA site) it should drop it to 100%?

One of my booked cruises showed the 60% but it turns out that amount is what the 100% comes out to today.  I booked it before the announced solo fares but evidently X had already prepriced it.  Didn't make sense at the time but I was delighted with the final figure.  Just plug your cruise into the X website, choose 1 pax, and then see what the fare is for one.  Add the taxes and port fees for one.  That's the rate your TA is going to get.  If it's the same as what you already have, ok.  If it's lower, you'll get the lower fare.  I repriced a mess of them today and all the bottom lines from my TA exactly matched the amounts I was expecting from doing dummy bookings.  I saved a LOT of money today.  🤗

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Suzanne123 said:

Aha!  The trick is to make it refundable.73A9A777-D890-441F-B46E-93F9FDD8E0FB.thumb.png.b0a133dda61060420863e8786256f2c3.pngis 

98CCCEDC-ECF5-4A7B-ADAA-B7431660D2E9.png

Interesting.  The solo cruiser promotion should be good for either type of reservation (refundable or nonrefundable), I am guessing that the discount shows up differently depending on which kind you book.

11 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Here is the flyer: link.  Here is a list of the applicable sailings: link

Thanks, David. 😃 I saved $350 on my Constellation WBTA (was on hold for about an hour, but that's not a bad return). Unfortunately, my Reflection cruise in August is past final payment, and BPG doesn't apply at the moment because my category is sold out. I may try again before the promotion ends.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I repriced a mess of them today and all the bottom lines from my TA exactly matched the amounts I was expecting from doing dummy bookings.  I saved a LOT of money today.  🤗

So I guess RCL stock is going down tomorrow when this news hits the street!

• Haha 1

Just now, hrhdhd said:

Thanks, David. 😃 I saved $350 on my Constellation WBTA (was on hold for about an hour, but that's not a bad return). Unfortunately, my Reflection cruise in August is past final payment, and BPG doesn't apply at the moment because my category is sold out. I may try again before the promotion ends.

That's still pretty good, Deidre.  Congratulations and I will keep my fingers crossed for your Reflection booking.....

• Thanks 1

Me: Currently sitting on my veranda on Equinox on a solo sailing sipping my wine and feeling a little bad about how many of my planned cruises for the next year don’t involve my husband.

Also Me:  Reads this post.  Chokes on sip of wine.  Pulls Celebrity credit card out of safe.  Transfers some assets back to my individual accounts in case the solo booking spree I’m about to go on causes my husband to file for divorce. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Please check and doublecheck if you are rebooking.  I’ve noticed recently that Celebrity lists the pricing on their website for all cabins below Aqua class as Cruise Only, I.e. not inclusive of a classic beverage package and gratuities.  I don’t see these perks listed in the posted screen shot.  If fact, it is listed as a cruise only rate.  I have balcony September and November cruises on the Equinox and Edge respectively, that I booked sometime ago with AI perks.  If I were to add those perks to the current solo pricing, my total fare would be higher than when originally booked.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ILgirl said:

Please check and doublecheck if you are rebooking.  I’ve noticed recently that Celebrity lists the pricing on their website for all cabins below Aqua class as Cruise Only, I.e. not inclusive of a classic beverage package and gratuities.  I don’t see these perks listed in the posted screen shot.  If fact, it is listed as a cruise only rate.  I have balcony September and November cruises on the Equinox and Edge respectively, that I booked sometime ago with AI perks.  If I were to add those perks to the current solo pricing, my total fare would be higher than when originally booked.  

Interesting.  My booking went the other way--from cruise only to AI with a discount.  Not sure if it was 60% single supplement but I saved several hundred dollars and added the AI.

One of my friends and I had been looking for a quick getaway and noted the prices for solo over the weekend were ridiculously low - we normally share a cabin and with this going on it's the same price for us to have 2 cabins than to share one for our trip!  So we got adjoining Concierge cabins on the 10/27 Summit, AI.  Can't wait!

I missed a glitch in the matrix on last week, though - they had this sailing priced the same for solo AI as solo cruise only and I didn't jump on it when it was showing on my booking page.  I'm betting it would've been rescinded anyway, but it sure would've been nice.  🙂

6 minutes ago, Jobeth66 said:

One of my friends and I had been looking for a quick getaway and noted the prices for solo over the weekend were ridiculously low - we normally share a cabin and with this going on it's the same price for us to have 2 cabins than to share one for our trip!  So we got adjoining Concierge cabins on the 10/27 Summit, AI.  Can't wait!

I missed a glitch in the matrix on last week, though - they had this sailing priced the same for solo AI as solo cruise only and I didn't jump on it when it was showing on my booking page.  I'm betting it would've been rescinded anyway, but it sure would've been nice.  🙂

A friend of mine and I usually share a cabin when her husband doesn't sail with us (I'm solo when he comes along).  We got a great solo deal on Edge shortly after the re-start last September so separate SVs (DUH!!!).  We also paid less to have separate cabins than we did on our prior Edge sailing  which was pre-covid...also in a SV.  She quickly realized the joy of having a cabin to herself!  No bathroom sharing; no closet sharing; no sharing of any kind.  We always make it work when we share, but each having our own space was great.

Edited by lola2013
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ILgirl said:

Thanks for this info.  I just got off the phone with my TA.  She did come back with a reduced fare, but it was a Cruise Only rate (after I asked).  Thank goodness I saw your post!  No reduction with Always Included.  

• Like 1

Hi, 

I had an existing booking for a single stateroom with infinite veranda on the Celebrity Beyond for the cruise departing on Feb. 19, 2023 (Always Included fare). I called Celebrity yesterday and upgraded to a Concierge Class stateroom with infinite veranda (Always Included fare) and the price of my cruise actually decreased by several hundred dollars.

Last week, I booked an AquaClass stateroom as a solo cruiser on the Celebrity Infinity for the cruise departing on Sep. 3, 2022 (Always Included fare). I received an incredibly low price and I am looking forward to dining in Blu.

This sale has been great for me.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9
  • Like 4

Thank you for the head-up on this.  I see a two-letter code, and I'm not familiar with the shortcuts (I can guess some of them, of course.)  Could somebody provide a cross-list of ships?

Now, if only Celebrity (and Royal) would allow searching for cruises based on one guest instead of having to check cruise by cruise individually.  (Like Princess and Norwegian allow.)