21 Chef’s Table Menus?

Clay Clayton

Yumi’s Corner: Voyage to Korean Cuisine

(as per stateroom tv menu, today on Saturn, actual menu and pics will follow after we try it on Sunday)

Eel Chawanmushi - eel, octopus

Healthy “Ocean Party” - crab meat, scallops

Korean Soup Pot - tofu & pork belly

The More BBQ, The More Prosperous - beef short ribs

A Touch of Freshness - matcha cheesecake, yuzu ice cream

IMG_3773.jpeg

IMG_3774.jpeg

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

Yumi’s Corner: Voyage to Korean Cuisine

(as per stateroom tv menu, today on Saturn, actual menu and pics will follow after we try it on Sunday)

Eel Chawanmushi - eel, octopus

Healthy “Ocean Party” - crab meat, scallops

Korean Soup Pot - tofu & pork belly

The More BBQ, The More Prosperous - beef short ribs

A Touch of Freshness - matcha cheesecake, yuzu ice cream

IMG_3773.jpeg

IMG_3774.jpeg

Let us know what you thought of it.

We tried this 2 weeks ago while on Saturn Rome to Athens. Will reveal our opinion once you've been there.

Edited by CCWineLover
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoyed an incredible meal designed by Chef Beni tonight aboard Sky at the Chef’s Table featuring his interpretation of South African cuisine. The amuse had really incredible flavors. The yellowfin course was fine but our least favorite-would have preferred it as a smaller amuse and given us a larger fish cake and more chalaka sauce! #yummy.

The main course was the best beef dish we’ve had in a long time-the corn cake was a perfect foil to the oh-so-tender meat. Dessert which Beni told us afterwards was a dish offered at all restaurants in South Africa, was a delicious cake with hints of ginger and molasses. We hope we can get in again before we get to Cape Town when Beni leaves us to share this menu aboard our sister World Cruise ship, Neptune. 

(I’ll update the listing of all Chef’s Table Menus when I have better wifi)

IMG_4616.jpeg

IMG_4620.jpeg

IMG_4622.jpeg

IMG_4624.jpeg

IMG_4625.jpeg

IMG_4626.jpeg

IMG_8459.jpeg

IMG_4628.jpeg

• Like 4

Just now, Peregrina651 said:

Oh my goodness! Does that look delicious!!  Thank you!

I just hope some of the new menus we have gotten to have will make it into regular rotation🤞

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
40 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Wonder what the menus would be for Hawaii. Nothing seems to be even close to Hawaiian.

We did Hawaii in February.  Nothing remotely Hawaiian at Chef’s Table.  Mostly Asian, and we went to each menu.  

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Thanks!! That's kind of what I expected.

They did have a Hawaiian night poolside, one night, with entertainment. We skipped it.  I don’t think C’sT necessarily always coordinates menus to location.  Some certainly, but not always.  That is more of the claim of The Restaurant.  

IMG_6558.jpeg

IMG_6562.jpeg

Edited by SantaFe1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, nooosey said:

Are there any alternative Chef's Table menu items available for those guests who vegetarian?

The menu is the menu. You may asked for some substitutions of some courses but there is no alternate menu.

1 hour ago, nooosey said:

Are there any alternative Chef's Table menu items available for those guests who vegetarian?

They will substitute items, but speak to the restaurant at least a day ahead. 

That said, the vast majority of menus include meat or seafood in 3 of the 4 (non-gratinita) menu items, so substituting for them will have a significant impact on the overall meal. 🍺🥌

10 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

They will substitute items, but speak to the restaurant at least a day ahead. 

That said, the vast majority of menus include meat or seafood in 3 of the 4 (non-gratinita) menu items, so substituting for them will have a significant impact on the overall meal. 🍺🥌

Thanks CurlerRob and OneSixtyToOne for the info, I am a non Veggie so would enjoy most of the menus but my other half is strictly Vegetarian. We may skip eating in The Chefs Table but will speak to The Maitre D'i when we are on board next month. 

• Like 1

Yes. And for those with allergies as well. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated.

Considering that at least two of the courses would have to be altered, I would suggest talking with the chef once you board to discuss which of the menus available are the best for the kitchen to modify while still maintaining the spirit and intent of the venue.

Avoid walking in cold and trying to get an all-vegetarian meal. The kitchen needs time to prepare in order to give you the best meal possible.

I dont know that you could get a complete veg meal.  

I dont eat shellfsh.  Crab was in the starter dish.  I said I woild pass on it, I was happy to do so, no big deal.  I know the staff insisted on providing something more acceptable but I cant remember what. 

The restaurant was not very busy at the time, after the first rush. 

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

In the end, it is up to the chef and you don't know for sure until you ask.

I am not vegan. However, I have certain foods that I cannot eat.  At the start of the meal, server asks if you have any restrictions.  They substituted similar items.  

6 hours ago, nooosey said:

On MVJ, find dietary preferences, to add your restrictions.  V is super concerned for each pax.  You will receive the next day dinner menu to fill out, from Restaurant or specialty, in your cabin mail slot.  Waiters will then know of your restrictions, by way of little printout slip when checking in with Maitre D', and passed to waiter. Now in "your permanent record"!

Edited by FetaCheese
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

On MVJ, find dietary preferences, to add your restrictions.

Excellent suggestion for anyone and everyone with dietary restrictions and allergies. Especially allergies, Viking would rather deal with all your restriction than with an allergic reaction.

Note: the MVJ form does not have an "Other" option with a text box to fill in. I am an "other" and one of my to-do list items when I first board the ship is to make sure that my restrictions are added to my profile; from there it is smooth sailing. 

In the end, it is up to each of us to make sure that Viking has the information they need to keep us healthy.

Now in "your permanent record"!

Note: Stating your dietary restrictions has to be done on each sailing because profiles are not saved from sailing to sailing -- and food issues can change over time.

You will receive the next day dinner menu to fill out, from Restaurant or specialty, in your cabin mail slot.

If you are dining in Manfredi's, you will be given a Manfredi's menu. If you are dining in CT, you will get no menu to fill out as there are no choices to be made. The chef will make the necessary adjustments.

BTW, I love being able to make my choices in advance of dinner time, privately, without holding up the ordering process for the whole table.

• Like 1

We have shared tables with several people with dietary restrictions in both the Main Dining Room and The Chef's Table.  The server greeted us and then spoke with anyone with food restrictions about substitutions the chef had made for them. 

Again, speak with the cruise Chef about you restriction when you get on board. No NOT wait until you arrive for dinner.

Enjoy your cruise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSEm said:

Again, speak with the cruise Chef about you restriction when you get on board. Do NOT wait until you arrive for dinner.

Enjoy your cruise

Just in case anyone missed it!  I can't agree with you more -- not just for Chef's Table and not just for Viking.

• Like 2