Trouble on Britannia.

keithhutch

I wonder what happened  - probably they were on board with partners/families?  Do they all disembark and have to pay their own way back to the UK?  Or maybe their companions decided to carry on without them!  Would love to know.

I remember  a fist fight on a FO ship one evening, but the CD merely intervened and stopped them; don't think anything worse happened.  He was brave, actually, they were both bigger than him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I wonder what happened  - probably they were on board with partners/families?  Do they all disembark and have to pay their own way back to the UK?  Or maybe their companions decided to carry on without them!  Would love to know.

A good wife would stand by her man ,more so if he only had one chair :classic_unsure:

• Haha 17

17 hours ago, keithhutch said:

Hi all,my sister has just text to say 2 men have Been put off the ship in Cadiz for fighting over a chair.!!

Well done p&o it’s the only way to treat these idiots

And a life ban from all 7 carnival cruise lines as well plus sending their details to U.S immigration. That would really be a deterrant to these yobs that give us a bad name.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

I remember  a fist fight on a FO ship one evening, but the CD merely intervened and stopped them; don't think anything worse happened.  He was brave, actually, they were both bigger than him.

A fist fight on a Fred ship, you would think they should know better at their age 🤣😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, lincslady said:

They weren't.  Well, around 50ish I would say; maybe that counts as old.

I would still like to know how this forced disembarkation actually works, if anyone knows.

I think they are 'invited' to leave the ship at the next port, however their travelling companions can remain aboard. The arrangements and costs of returning home are non of P&O's business.

What happens if they refuse to leave? They are forcibly removed if necessary.

• Like 1

There has always been a balance between what you charge for a cruise and who then turns up. I'm not for one minute suggesting that a certain class of people are any better or worse than other. But when you appeal to the masses you are going to have to put up with all types. I know, I have seen it. Where people hog the sun loungers, even putting towels on loungers on one side of the pool and then moving to the opposite side as the sun moves around. I have also heard people who travel Cunard normally po-po P&O service and food and others that have said they are not being served by foreigners. So happy cruising and as they say in Norfolk when having a drink "Chairs"

• Haha 1

On a very up-market line I have cruised I have known people save four loungers, for most of the day, with two in the sun and two in the shade.  It is known as 'entitlement'.  

Whereas on Fred. years ago, nearly everyone was considerate of others. However, I have never seen fights on the up-market lines, I admit.

Good manners exist at all social and income levels, as do lousy ones.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

On a very up-market line I have cruised I have known people save four loungers, for most of the day, with two in the sun and two in the shade.  It is known as 'entitlement'.  

Whereas on Fred. years ago, nearly everyone was considerate of others. However, I have never seen fights on the up-market lines, I admit.

Good manners exist at all social and income levels, as do lousy ones.

We once witnessed a group of about 6 young people - early 20s? - very much the worse for wear on the QE in the buffet around midnight.  They were all shouting and one of the young men was lying on his back waving his legs in the air at the entrance making it difficult for anyone to pass.  Mind in the circumstances most people would have turned around and walked the other way rather than get caught up in whatever was going on!   

So young people, on Cunard behaving badly -  perhaps not the typical profile.  It's difficult to make generalisations.  It was the most obvious example of very drunken behaviour we've ever seen on a cruise though.  However it wasn't a fight. 

I suppose in any situation with a large number of people there are ever likely to be some who have the potential to behave badly which can lead to confrontation.  Just a good thing P&O will take action in instances such as this. I'd be quite concerned if they didn't. 

4 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

There has always been a balance between what you charge for a cruise and who then turns up. I'm not for one minute suggesting that a certain class of people are any better or worse than other. But when you appeal to the masses you are going to have to put up with all types. I know, I have seen it. Where people hog the sun loungers, even putting towels on loungers on one side of the pool and then moving to the opposite side as the sun moves around. I have also heard people who travel Cunard normally po-po P&O service and food and others that have said they are not being served by foreigners. So happy cruising and as they say in Norfolk when having a drink "Chairs"

Sorry, but that post reads that you are suggesting that a certain class of people are better than others.   Upper class people are certainly capable of drinking too much and behaving badly.

I definitely consider myself to be working class.  I have never been involved in a physical altercation as an adult, because I was brought up properly,  I am capable of behaving properly towards my fellow man and I don't drink myself stupid.  Sorry if that feels like a rant, but I feel it had to be said.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Equally I have heard many P&Oers poo- pooing Marella cruise formerly Thomson so cruise snobbery is alive and kicking on all cruise lines.

• Like 8

A memorable situation comes to mind on a P&O Christmas cruise when  a family were put off the ship in St Vincent on New Years Day.  For those who do not know, SV on NYD is DEAD so the family will have had a lot of “fun” finding flights to get home!

For those who think Marella is inferior, I know they are wrong.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Some upper class oiks behave in an appealing manner. Just watch their antics in Titanic.🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Fountain said:

I think it is more out of loyalty than snobbery.

Snobs are more common than you think ,they are everywhere !

Prisons have them and at meal times they queue up in con-descending order :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

You could say those on Cunard knock P&O are doing it more out of loyalty but for some reason many call it snobbery.

We were berthed at the old mole in Arricife, no new berth back then and a Cunarder turned up, due to dock at the commercial berth. The waves were too high so she sailed around in circles for a couple of hours and than sailed away. Our captain was most amused. Later we heard that some passengers on the Cunarder wanted us to leave our berth so they could dock, them being a superior cruise line 😁

I suppose nowadays the Cunarder is always scheduled to get there first 😒

• Like 1