Flights to BGI!

Sooo.   I have a future cruise credit and T& T would be nice.  The cruise leaves from BGI but the air fare price is out of this galaxy!  No lie!

It's like $4,000 air from phl and I've already been to BGI and maybe paid $600,  I get that everything is more expensive now but from $600 to $4,ooo is wayyyyy to much for me.  I understand that the cruise line doesn't set the air price but that is my only dilemma    I may lose my FCC  but if I do I'll cancel my RCCl credit card.  Not being a spoiled brat but it's just not worth it anymore.  I'm sad because I really love RCCL!  Sailing from the ports drivable have already been done.  My heart is broken  

Edited by ksadonnab

6 minutes ago, gmerick said:

You need a travel agent.  I just did a search on my favorite airline ticket site, and I can get a PHL-BGI round trip for $791.

Thank You!  No I don't do travel agents  I need to be In Control of my reservation. if a change is made they charge   Been there done that.  it didn't work for me.  But $791 where? What airline??  Maybe on a carrier who charges for breathing.  Let me know.  I would love to look into it.   

I was thinking about a cruise from Barbados - eventually booked something else - and the best route and fare for me were from JFK on JetBlue. I would have flown into JFK, but if PHL is convenient, driving or taking trains to JFK might also be feasible.

We flew to Barbados in May and the flight was not cheap. Can you get to San Juan instead? Cruises from there visit some of the same ports.

If you haven’t done Western Caribbean, check out the sailings from Galveston.

1 minute ago, kochleffel said:

I was thinking about a cruise from Barbados - eventually booked something else - and the best route and fare for me were from JFK on JetBlue. I would have flown into JFK, but if PHL is convenient, driving or taking trains to JFK might also be feasible.

Ugh Jet Blue!  Maybe that's my issue  I'm so Loyal to AA I dont even consider those other airlines

I did fly out of JFK on my Argentina trip though but it was still AA.   

1 minute ago, SummerBeee said:

We flew to Barbados in May and the flight was not cheap. Can you get to San Juan instead? Cruises from there visit some of the same ports.

If you haven’t done Western Caribbean, check out the sailings from Galveston.

Yes been to SJ but thanks for the suggestion.  I will definitely check into it.  Thank you.  

10 minutes ago, ksadonnab said:

Thank You!  No I don't do travel agents  I need to be In Control of my reservation. if a change is made they charge   Been there done that.  it didn't work for me.  But $791 where? What airline??  Maybe on a carrier who charges for breathing.  Let me know.  I would love to look into it.   

You were absolutely using the wrong TA

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gmerick said:

You need a travel agent.  I just did a search on my favorite airline ticket site, and I can get a PHL-BGI round trip for $791.

Idk but I would love to know the site you are talking about.  I know you cant share it here but my email is soroyal00@gmail.com   I'm  really running out of time.  Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, ksadonnab said:

I'm  really running out of time.

You want to diversify your cruising yet you cling to one airline? Of course it’s going to cost more for the dominant airline in your hub. Use Google flights for pricing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No idea of when you want to go, but doing a quick Google Flights search, I found $562 on American.

image.thumb.png.45756aa12c6477057837707f1de0dd46.png

To get the best pricing, you need to be flexible with dates/times/airlines.  Saying "I only want the nonstop on American that leaves at 10a" limits your options.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

No idea of when you want to go, but doing a quick Google Flights search, I found $562 on American.

image.thumb.png.45756aa12c6477057837707f1de0dd46.png

To get the best pricing, you need to be flexible with dates/times/airlines.  Saying "I only want the nonstop on American that leaves at 10a" limits your options.  

I agree; you need to be a bit more flexible.  Yes, I'd love a non-stop to "wherever" but.....if it's going to cost me 10x the price 🤑😬, I'd gladly flex my schedule.  

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with choosing to be your TA but in doing so you are 100% responsible for the outcome.

If you had a TA that happened to have the same name as you and they came you and said "The only airfare option is $4,000, take it or leave it" would you be happy with that TA or would you fire them and find another solution?

AA price gouged me when COVID first hit and I needed to get home from Spain.  A flight that was $560 on Tuesday went to $3,000 on Wednesday, one way.  Nothing like flying in coach for the price of business class overseas.  They are a despicable company.  Your dedication to an airline that would charge you $4,000 to fly to BGI is admirable - to any one who owns AA stock, but not to anyone else.  

If my TA ever only offered me a $4,000 flight when there are cheaper options on more ethical airlines I'd fire that TA.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

There is nothing wrong with choosing to be your TA but in doing so you are 100% responsible for the outcome.

If you had a TA that happened to have the same name as you and they came you and said "The only airfare option is $4,000, take it or leave it" would you be happy with that TA or would you fire them and find another solution?

AA price gouged me when COVID first hit and I needed to get home from Spain.  A flight that was $560 on Tuesday went to $3,000 on Wednesday, one way.  Nothing like flying in coach for the price of business class overseas.  They are a despicable company.  Your dedication to an airline that would charge you $4,000 to fly to BGI is admirable - to any one who owns AA stock, but not to anyone else.  

If my TA ever only offered me a $4,000 flight when there are cheaper options on more ethical airlines I'd fire that TA.  

Well said  👏👏👏  Totally agree with you!!!!!

9 hours ago, ksadonnab said:

Idk but I would love to know the site you are talking about.  I know you cant share it here but my email is soroyal00@gmail.com   I'm  really running out of time.  Thank you in advance!

When is your cruise?

10 hours ago, ksadonnab said:

Sooo.   I have a future cruise credit and T& T would be nice.  The cruise leaves from BGI but the air fare price is out of this galaxy!  No lie!

It's like $4,000 air from phl and I've already been to BGI and maybe paid $600,  I get that everything is more expensive now but from $600 to $4,ooo is wayyyyy to much for me.  I understand that the cruise line doesn't set the air price but that is my only dilemma    I may lose my FCC  but if I do I'll cancel my RCCl credit card.  Not being a spoiled brat but it's just not worth it anymore.  I'm sad because I really love RCCL!  Sailing from the ports drivable have already been done.  My heart is broken  

you will cancel your rcl credit card because you dont want a domestic cruise and AA flights cost too much?

I'd look at longer cruises maybe miami, but AA airfare does seem up this week. I'm booked on AA for our group cruise next spring and too bad the price isnt like a stock price. Its moving higher, I'd be winning lol. And the price I paid is no deal. I got times I wanted and seats to justify the price. Flying costs does ruin deals on rcl. 

10 hours ago, ksadonnab said:

It's like $4,000 air from phl and I've already been to BGI and maybe paid $600,  I get that everything is more expensive now but from $600 to $4,ooo is wayyyyy to much for me.

Just checked AA,  6 different flights to BGI all for less than $900.