Upgraded bathroom amenities

We've been on 2 cruises as elite. Only got the usual hand lotion on the 1st. Got a shower cap & lotion on the 2nd. Do I need to request the upgraded bathroom amenities or has this perk gone by the wayside? Not a big deal but would be nice. Thanks for any info.

On our 6 post-covid cruises, the amenities have been a mixed bag depending on the ship's inventory at the time.  IMHO, the amenities are nothing to get excited about.  We always bring our own items.

• Like 2

I've taken three cruises since the restart last summer. In August, I received the items after asking my cabin steward about them. He apologized that they were out of the gold bags but still delivered the spray, the sisal mitt, conditioner, emery board, and shower cap. When I asked in December, my cabin steward told me they were by request. I received the gold bag with a sisal mitt, emery board, lotion, linen spray, shampoo, shower gel, and shower cap. No conditioner. No lip balm. In February, my cabin steward said they did not have the bags. He said the only items available were the sisal mitt and shower cap. I declined. My neighbors in a suite said they got more items but never detailed what.

• Like 1

In our brief experience, just a couple of pre-virus Elite sailings, those "upgraded bathroom amenities " were always hard to pin down. Never sure what they were supposed to include. Sounds like post-covid it's even harder.

If you have specific needs, I'd bring them along.

Jim

We are elite and just got off the Discovery on Sunday, no upgraded bathroom amenities. Didn't ask for any either. I bring my own bar soap, I don't care for there pump shower gel or hair conditioner.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, geoherb said:

I've taken three cruises since the restart last summer. In August, I received the items after asking my cabin steward about them. He apologized that they were out of the gold bags but still delivered the spray, the sisal mitt, conditioner, emery board, and shower cap. When I asked in December, my cabin steward told me they were by request. I received the gold bag with a sisal mitt, emery board, lotion, linen spray, shampoo, shower gel, and shower cap. No conditioner. No lip balm. In February, my cabin steward said they did not have the bags. He said the only items available were the sisal mitt and shower cap. I declined. My neighbors in a suite said they got more items but never detailed what.

Glad to hear they are providing the items to the suites.  I have a penthouse suite in September and didn't plan on packing a lot ot tioletries

On 7/4/2022 at 5:30 PM, 1965 said:

We've been on 2 cruises as elite. Only got the usual hand lotion on the 1st. Got a shower cap & lotion on the 2nd. Do I need to request the upgraded bathroom amenities or has this perk gone by the wayside? Not a big deal but would be nice. Thanks for any info.

I was told to go to Guest services and ask for them. They are supposed to have a bag with all in it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I was told to go to Guest services and ask for them. They are supposed to have a bag with all in it.

I'll give that a try. Thanks. 🙂

On 7/4/2022 at 5:05 PM, geoherb said:

My neighbors in a suite said they got more items but never detailed what.

And yet the "benefit" is that you get the same amenities as full suite passengers.

The only thing I regret not being available is the emery board. Seriously, I don't like any of the "scented" items. To me they sell like chemical stink. (Dryer sheets should be punishable by a very large fine and/or 3 months in jail. They pollute entire neighborhoods.)

• Haha 1

We have never buy had a bag with the upgraded amenities in. Last month we got a shower cap , emery board and a small loofah. Not sure if the lotion and conditioner were part of the upgraded amenities or we were going to get them anyway as we did before Covid. 

On 7/4/2022 at 3:05 PM, geoherb said:

Same for 1st 3 restart cruises, on the 4th one all amenities were in large refillable bottles. No small tubes of lotion. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, amajaa said:

We have never buy had a bag with the upgraded amenities in. Last month we got a shower cap , emery board and a small loofah. Not sure if the lotion and conditioner were part of the upgraded amenities or we were going to get them anyway as we did before Covid. 

The conditioner is one of the upgraded amenities. The lotion is standard for all cabins.

On Discovery in may. No up grade amenities in Bathroom, no blue bag in closet,

no laundry price list in closet, and no ice bucket either.  De little cut backs just keep rolling along. 

How long before we have to bring our own sheets and pillows?  😲

Bob

Our Discovery cruise in early May in a full Suite had few of the upgraded amenities that were promised.  Nothing in the bathroom, which is what I was most excited about.  When asked, they said they don't do them.  Which is BS.  They had full upgraded bathroom stuff in the vacant Sky Suites though, when we took a tour of them.  Full sized bottles from the Lotus Spa.  Asked and was told ONLY the Sky Suites came with upgraded stuff.  Wish I had brought a hard copy of the Suite lists.  

4 hours ago, 4x4bob said:

On Discovery in may. No up grade amenities in Bathroom, no blue bag in closet,

no laundry price list in closet, and no ice bucket either.  De little cut backs just keep rolling along. 

How long before we have to bring our own sheets and pillows?  😲

Bob

Did you request any of the missing items from your steward? I could have been a steward failure, rather than a cut-back.

That was the issue we had on Discovery in April...missing items appeared after we requested them.

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Did you request any of the missing items from your steward? I could have been a steward failure, rather than a cut-back.

That was the issue we had on Discovery in April...missing items appeared after we requested them.

No, because we did not really care if they were there or not.  I was just reporting that the items were not in the cabin.

Bob