Crazy thought of 42 days sailing on Jewel of the Seas

Was browsing for a repositioning cruise.  Came across one leaving late April 2022.  12 nights to Amsterdam from Port Canaveral, FL.  Then saw the next 3 cruises Jewel of the Seas is doing over there and thought it would be a good cruise.

Norwegian Fjords for 8 nights.  Iceland and Scotland for 12 nights, then British Isles for 12.  Then fly home.

Am looking for a roommate.

I can go inside cabin ($4100 range) or as high as balcony rates before I would have to sell bone marrow to afford a suite.

Anyone looking for a 42 day cruise to do in the Spring?

We are just off a 12 night Jewel Arctic circle cruise and there were sooo many guests doing B2B and B2B2B that we felt like the odd one out only doing one cruise lol! Seems to be a popular set of Itineraries for consecutive cruises.

• Like 2

My god  .. 42 days on a cruise ship .. I'd need a combination Betty Ford Clinic AND  fat farm after that! 

Edited by F27TW
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

25 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Not sure what Celebrity is doing, but I think I heard that single will only be charged for 1 person in cabin and not double..

That will end by then

1 hour ago, Trixie21 said:

We are just off a 12 night Jewel Arctic circle cruise and there were sooo many guests doing B2B and B2B2B that we felt like the odd one out only doing one cruise lol! Seems to be a popular set of Itineraries for consecutive cruises.

Our first transatlantic we planned a land tour to visit friends after we got off the ship.  We were amazed, as you were, that virtually everyone we met was either staying on board, or switching to another ship, for another week or two.

So after a few years of false starts, we'll be doing our first B3B and 28 days on board.  It's gonna be great.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, F27TW said:

My god  .. 42 days on a cruise ship .. I'd need a combination Betty Ford Clinic AND  fat farm after that! 

Lightweight 🤣🤣

I have 274 booked on Serenade next year😉

• Haha 10

On 6/27/2022 at 8:38 PM, soremekun said:

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Lightweight 🤣🤣

I have 274 booked on Serenade next year😉

Your dog won't recognize you when you get home 

image.png.67f39a6f73bc6b2c894405b57e02c907.png

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, zoepipes said:

Your dog won't recognize you when you get home 

image.png.67f39a6f73bc6b2c894405b57e02c907.png

Lol! I am sure there will be FaceTime sessions and items of clothing with their scent so Bella can snuggle! Plus she is a social girl and will be staying with people that love and cater to her!

• Thanks 1

My main question when I hear about people doing 14 or more days at one time on a cruise is ... how do you do your laundry??  I know they have the $30+ a bag special and dry cleaning, but I don't want to put my everyday clothes (tshirts, knit pants, khakis, etc.) in a hot washer and hot dryer. 

4 minutes ago, Kellie in Texas said:

My main question when I hear about people doing 14 or more days at one time on a cruise is ... how do you do your laundry??  I know they have the $30+ a bag special and dry cleaning, but I don't want to put my everyday clothes (tshirts, knit pants, khakis, etc.) in a hot washer and hot dryer. 

I just went with clothes I knew would be fine in their washing routine. Synthetics or pre-shrunk, nothing fancy. Most of my Columbia or North Face apparel fit the bill and came out fine.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Never even thought about laundry.  $30 a bag??  Wow!!!

Not sure what weather will be in May and June in that region.  Guess I better study up accordingly.

Maybe bring 2 sandwich bags of dry detergent and wash in the cabin.  Dry hang in the shower.

I will not commit though until January if I want to do this B4B cruises anyways.  Other items are on the fire until then.

2 minutes ago, FireEater said:

Never even thought about laundry.  $30 a bag??  Wow!!!

Not sure what weather will be in May and June in that region.  Guess I better study up accordingly.

Maybe bring 2 sandwich bags of dry detergent and wash in the cabin.  Dry hang in the shower.

I will not commit though until January if I want to do this B4B cruises anyways.  Other items are on the fire until then.

I have read that the shower gel/shampoo in the shower is suitable, or you can get something like detergent travel sheets.   https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Summit-Travel-Pocket-Laundry/dp/B002BO60JI/ref=sr_1_1?crid=29Q7PXQYXSZVL&keywords=laundry+detergent+travel+sheets&qid=1659827754&sprefix=laundry+detergent+travel+sheets%2Caps%2C112&sr=8-1

We bring magnetic hooks  to hang up clothes to dry - bathing suits, and whatever personals we wash by hand.   

I'm envious.  42 is exactly the number of days I spent aboard a cargo ship going from NYC to Sydney, Australia back in 1969.  No ports between Panama and Australia, (and no dance classes/water slides/movies/theater), but I was never bored.

As I recall, I washed clothes in the bathroom sink, and hung them over the tub to drip dry.

• Like 1