Diamond/Concierge Lounge

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

We are not using the lounges at all for cocktails now.  Just morning coffee.  

I can verify that. But you and Bucky did have a drink and nice conversation with Kathy and I one evening before dinner in the DL. In your defense, the bar staff at the VCL was spot on. 🍷

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

We are not using the lounges at all for cocktails now.  Just morning coffee.  

My plan also.

But, I am a heavy coffee drinker, it's my drink of choice all day long. I prefer the coffee in DL to the coffee in the Windjammer.

• Like 2

Just now, davekathy said:

I can verify that. But you and Bucky did have a drink and nice conversation with Kathy and I one evening before dinner in the DL. In your defense, the bar staff at the VCL was spot on. 🍷

LOL...well since we received that lovely invitation to join you...how could we refuse??  🥰  Though we did go right back to our favorite bar stools in the VCL after you both left.  😉 

Bruno, head bartender, at VCL bar was hilarious.  Miss him.   He helped me discover my new favorite  drink after some trial and error.  So I am now off the old and tired "Gin and Ts"   Your bro still loves them.  😄 

4 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

My plan also.

But, I am a heavy coffee drinker, it's my drink of choice all day long. I prefer the coffee in DL to the coffee in the Windjammer.

No comparison indeed.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Who doesn't love a good bar stool??🍺

Me...me...me...me!!   I DO love a good bar stool!!   😄   Happy to see them back again.  Missed them during post Covid start up.   😞 

• Haha 1

Just now, island lady said:

Me...me...me...me!!   I DO love a good bar stool!!   😄   Happy to see them back again.  Missed them during post Covid start up.   😞 

Just got off the Mariner today.    I think I tested them in all venues😇

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...well since we received that lovely invitation to join you...how could we refuse??  🥰  Though we did go right back to our favorite bar stools in the VCL after you both left.  😉 

Bruno, head bartender, at VCL bar was hilarious.  Miss him.   He helped me discover my new favorite  drink after some trial and error.  So I am now off the old and tired "Gin and Ts"   Your bro still loves them.  😄 

Bruno was/is great. We would always head up to the VCL before heading to the cabin for the evening  to get (what we thought) a bottle of water and a can of Budweiser to go using our last drinks on each SeaPass card for that day. When he saw us coming he would have two bottles of water and two cans of Budweiser waiting and a good evening Ms. Kathy and Mr. Dave. I can see why you two had reserved stools at the bar. But the entire DL staff was great and made our evening pre diner trips to the DL fun and always welcoming. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, was thrilled to have the CL still there and in original location on EX on deck 9.   We had B2B JS on the hump on deck 9.   Was exactly 18 steps to the CL door from our cabin....sweet Latte run in the morning.  😉 

When I sailed on Mariner in early December the Pinnacles were relegated to the Library.

15 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Bruno was/is great. We would always head up to the VCL before heading to the cabin for the evening  to get (what we thought) a bottle of water and a can of Budweiser to go using our last drinks on each SeaPass card for that day. When he saw us coming he would have two bottles of water and two cans of Budweiser waiting and a good evening Ms. Kathy and Mr. Dave. I can see why you two had reserved stools at the bar. But the entire DL staff was great and made our evening pre diner trips to the DL fun and always welcoming. 

Indeed there was good and bad on that cruise....but the good was the MDR staff we both enjoyed, and most especially the bartenders/waiters in the VCL.    Though the best ....was finally getting to meet both of you in person!  😉 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nelblu said:

When I sailed on Mariner in early December the Pinnacles were relegated to the Library.

I think we stopped in there once to check it out...but mostly just used the bar in the VCL.   EX had a Pinnie lounge set up in the library as well when we were on in March...but with only 11 of us on first week, and just 10 the next...they finally shut it down.  No one went in there.  Felt sorry for the lone bartender in there and all that wasted food.   

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Indeed there was good and bad on that cruise....but the good was the MDR staff we both enjoyed, and most especially the bartenders/waiters in the VCL.    Though the best ....was finally getting to meet both of you in person!  😉 

I'll drink to that. Cheers my friend. 🍷🍷

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Never peaked in when we last sailed her

I have never been in there either.  You can check it out in October.   I gave up my vodka/cran this trip for John Collins which is a Tom collins with vodka.  Very refreshing

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

They still can be when there are 40 or more on Voyager class.  I think the magic number is 40 on VY.  Each class has its own threshold before they open a dedicated PL.  

39 minutes ago, twangster said:

They still can be when there are 40 or more on Voyager class.  I think the magic number is 40 on VY.  Each class has its own threshold before they open a dedicated PL.  

Over 200 on the Arctic crossing on Voyager in September.

On EN, D+ was allowed in both the DL and CL.  We preferred the DL, more open.  Pinns were allowed in both and had an area in the VCL next to the center windows with their own appetizer area.  Most Pinns were upstairs with us though in the DL.  We were on a b2b on 2 and 14 Apr and it was the same for both cruises.  We're back on EN in 13 days for a 6 night Bermuda cruise.  The CL was smaller than the DL, but EN has about 20 suites total at most.  

On HOTS last Nov/Dec for our b2b, the jazz club was the Pinn club in the evenings.  There was rarely anyone in there.  Most were in the DL with us.  No idea about SL for those cruises as we were in our usual JS.

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

I preferred the CL.  Less crowded, quieter, and better view.

We hung out with our tablemates and a Pinn who we met several years ago on GR before he made Pinn so we just didn't bother to move.  DL was quiet and not crowded.

1 hour ago, BND said:

We hung out with our tablemates and a Pinn who we met several years ago on GR before he made Pinn so we just didn't bother to move.  DL was quiet and not crowded.

I used to find the DL on EN rather hot