When did RCCL make vaccinations mandatory for adults?

There has been a long pause for me following cruise information regarding vaccination status on RCCL cruises out of the US. I was speaking with a friend today who recently was on a RCCL cruise out of Miami and I was told that all adults had to be fully vaccinated to board the ship. I went on RCCL's website today and I see that all people 12 and over must be fully vaccinated.

When did that occur? Last I knew, RCCL conducted test cruises so there could be a percentage of non vaccinated children and adults on their ships. Guess I'm out of the loop.

47 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

There has been a long pause for me following cruise information regarding vaccination status on RCCL cruises out of the US. I was speaking with a friend today who recently was on a RCCL cruise out of Miami and I was told that all adults had to be fully vaccinated to board the ship. I went on RCCL's website today and I see that all people 12 and over must be fully vaccinated.

When did that occur? Last I knew, RCCL conducted test cruises so there could be a percentage of non vaccinated children and adults on their ships. Guess I'm out of the loop.

I wonder if any of the cruise line will be changing their regulations on the vaccinations?  

48 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Last I knew, RCCL conducted test cruises so there could be a percentage of non vaccinated children and adults on their ships.

RCI allows very rarely some non vax adults to cruise. 

13 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

IMO, pre-board testing will be dropped before vax mandate is dropped.

It just seems like the vaccine was given last year.  I wonder how effective it is at this point.  You don't need a booster just the vaccine.  And so many people have had it already.  I so want to cruise but am unable to get the vaccine.  Have been doing many other vacations which have been wonderful.  But would love to get back on a ship again.  Hopefully one day...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CUontheC said:

I just wonder if/when it will ever change back?

I'm sure it will, but it doesn't seem like it will happen any time soon.  I saw some comments from an NCL exec that felt it wouldn't happen until at least next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

I'm sure it will, but it doesn't seem like it will happen any time soon.  I saw some comments from an NCL exec that felt it wouldn't happen until at least next year.

That is what I was thinking...maybe by next year.  I love cruising!!  

• Like 1

With the advent of new strains that have and are coming

Vaccinations and most likely new booster s will be the norm for the future

We are in a new era and need to roll without

Tho most lines don't require boosters their sites suggest getting at least one of not two

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Enzma said:

With the advent of new strains that have and are coming

Vaccinations and most likely new booster s will be the norm for the future

We are in a new era and need to roll without

Tho most lines don't require boosters their sites suggest getting at least one of not two

Time will tell.

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Some cruise lines do require a booster.

But some countries do, if you were vaccinated more than 270 days ago (number may be off).  We just did the Baltic in June and we had to show proof of booster for the EU. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CUontheC said:

Princess, NCL, Celebrity, Disney, Carnival, Royal Caribbean do not.  

Unless you are cruising those cruise lines in Europe, which then it is required no longer than 270 days. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CUontheC said:

Oh wow thank you so much!!!!

We have a cruise booked for the end of August with my granddaughter who cannot get vaccinated due to medical reasons. We submitted all the necessary paperwork including a letter from her doctor explaining all the reasons she should not get the vaccine for Covid. We have now been told that we will be notified in the middle of August as to whether or not we will be going on the cruise. So this is really only two weeks notice. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

We have a cruise booked for the end of August with my granddaughter who cannot get vaccinated due to medical reasons. We submitted all the necessary paperwork including a letter from her doctor explaining all the reasons she should not get the vaccine for Covid. We have now been told that we will be notified in the middle of August as to whether or not we will be going on the cruise. So this is really only two weeks notice. 

I was reading about that.  Wow that is not enough notice.  Seriously why would they not know sooner.  I sure hope it works out for you and your family and you all get to go. 

2 minutes ago, CUontheC said:

I was reading about that.  Wow that is not enough notice.  Seriously why would they not know sooner.  I sure hope it works out for you and your family and you all get to go. 

Thanks, we hope so too. Fortunately we plan to drive so we didn’t have to worry about airline tickets. Our travel agent has tried to find out something for us but they won’t tell him anything either. I guess we’re stuck and it’s just a waiting game. 

• Like 1