OBC NOT applied for Shore Excursion.

drdaddy

We have a pretty good OBC for a trip that is 16 months away. But since Celebrity has already started posting them with sale prices, one might figure to get them now and see what happens. But, the credit card was debited instead of the OBC. Has anyone seen this and does anyone have any inside info as to the reason why? Is it that it is so far out?

Thanks

25 minutes ago, drdaddy said:

the credit card was debited instead of the OBC.

Are you sure you selected OBC as the payment method?  It's easy to overlook, and several have posted in the past that they made that mistake.

• Like 3

I made that mistake. I booked 3 and didn’t realize I hadn’t selected OBC and it went to my CC. I realized it and went back and canceled the tours. then rebooked and used the OBC. It showed up on my CC as canceled very quickly. 

the OBC option is below the Charge section. 

Den

• Like 2

The trick is you select the excursion.    You will see the price in a box top right.  

If you look there will be a box where you can manually enter the amount of OBC you wish to apply.    When you apply it the balance will change to Zero and then you submit order.

If you don't manually enter an amount it defaults to charge your CC.    Also if you apply your last amount of OBC and a balance remains the remainder will be charged to your CC.

• Like 3

Just now, Denny01 said:

I made that mistake. I booked 3 and didn’t realize I hadn’t selected OBC and it went to my CC. I realized it and went back and canceled the tours. then rebooked and used the OBC. It showed up on my CC as canceled very quickly. 

the OBC option is below the Charge section. 

Den

You can just cancel them and rebook with OBC and will be credited back to you CC in a day or 2.

• Like 1

Watch for Amex offers; due to see some new ones soon - You could potentially trigger 150-200 back as a statement credit that using the OBC now will not do.  With 16 months to watch you have many options to get the most bang for your buck 

• Like 1

I agree with the others that it's likely that you just skipped the step where you apply OBC to your order. Heed the advice above to cancel your existing excursion(s) and rebook properly using OBC.

19 hours ago, drdaddy said:

We have a pretty good OBC for a trip that is 16 months away. But since Celebrity has already started posting them with sale prices, one might figure to get them now and see what happens. But, the credit card was debited instead of the OBC. Has anyone seen this and does anyone have any inside info as to the reason why? Is it that it is so far out?

Thanks

It happened to me as well. We booked tours many weeks before cruise,  never got the screen for payment, but OBC credit was reduced accordingly.  However once Onboard we still had full OBC on room account and saw afterwards our credit card had been charged 2 days before cruise.

18 hours ago, jelayne said:

I booked 2 excursions today and used OBC.  When I selected to pay with OBC the amount was auto-filled which was a first .  In the past I had to input the amount I wanted to use of the OBC.

I've had that happen before also.  Today was weird I purchased one tour and it auto filled in the amount and just had to press button.    The other I  had to manually enter

Consistency!

image.thumb.png.b8b2cc49b9978da0d8e4a4b53c1cc3dd.png

I missed it when we booked our excursion today. Canceled one and then tried to rebook a different excursion. When I got to purchase button, credit was applied, and balance was to be paid by CC.

Alas, "could not process payment" message, and was asked to please call. Now on hold...grrr.

On 7/18/2022 at 4:52 PM, Diane Rose said:

So where do you cancel?

You actually do it via the cruise planner ("Plan My Cruise").  Go to your order history (several ways to do that, but the quickest is to click on your initials in the upper, right-hand corner).  Find your excursion, and click cancel.  

• Like 2

On 7/18/2022 at 2:45 PM, Diane Rose said:

How do I cancel a booked excursion to get the better price?  I don’t see the option to do this.

Diane

Open excursion on Calendar and then press cancel

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 5:49 PM, jwlane said:

There is no "option".  You have to cancel, then rebook at the new lower price (if it's still available).

If they called, could the agent switch the payment method?  Who knows if that sale price would be available again.

On 7/18/2022 at 9:30 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I've had that happen before also.  Today was weird I purchased one tour and it auto filled in the amount and just had to press button.    The other I  had to manually enter

Consistency!

image.thumb.png.b8b2cc49b9978da0d8e4a4b53c1cc3dd.png

Hello,

I was caught-out by charging my credit card and not OBC as my payment screen did not look like this. Beneath the picture on the left were two boxes, one labelled OBC and one Credit Card with the last four digits, each with 0.00 for me to enter the amount to be charged to which. But the Confirm Booking button was higher up on the right. If nothing was entered into either box then the credit card was charged.

What I think is, and this is getting in the long grass and weeds of this discussion, they have programmed this for a bigger monitor that I am using so this will push things down the screen that cannot be displayed across it.

Regards,

Cublet