Holland Blue bags a thing of the past?

Maybe HAL feels it's an area to cut costs since there are no beaches to take the blue bags to in Norway 😉. That said, they did give out the Club Orange bags in my June Rotterdam sailing. Have you tried asking your cabin attendant for one?

Edited by vicd1969

6 minutes ago, vicd1969 said:

Maybe HAL feels it's an area to cut costs since there are no beaches to take the blue bags to in Norway 😉. That said, they did give out the Club Orange bags in my June Rotterdam sailing. Have you tried asking your cabin attendant for one?

I called guest services. I like them to take things up to the cabana. Oh well.

31 minutes ago, albingirl said:

I miss the old canvas bags.  The plastic bags they have now are.....plastic.  Maybe they are cutting back for the environment.  Right.

They are made of recycled plastic.

image.thumb.jpeg.f1f65ece20605bcdd89cdb9fbbf60cc0.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, albingirl said:

oh good.  Still, plastic....going into some dump someday.

Maybe it  be can be recycled again into something else.

This bag did prevent some plastic from going into the dump the first time. It's going to take some time and there are lots of steps before we can get people to give up their plastic. Just look at the people on CC that lament the loss of plastic water bottles. Some cannot even wrap their head around bringing their own drinking bottle to be used with the clean, filtered water available onboard.

I get it and I'm onboard with conservation.

There are many, many more offenders than a recycled bag from HAL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, seaoma said:

Maybe it  be can be recycled again into something else.

This bag did prevent some plastic from going into the dump the first time. It's going to take some time and there are lots of steps before we can get people to give up their plastic. Just look at the people on CC that lament the loss of plastic water bottles. Some cannot even wrap their head around bringing their own drinking bottle to be used with the clean, filtered water available onboard.

I get it and I'm onboard with conservation.

There are many, many more offenders than a recycled bag from HAL.

Of course, you are right. The plastic in the sea is such a concern to me.  I live by the ocean and see the damage it can do to wildlife, not to mention fishing netting and hooks.  It's a regular tragedy.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, albingirl said:

Of course, you are right. The plastic in the sea is such a concern to me.  I live by the ocean and see the damage it can do to wildlife, not to mention fishing netting and hooks.  It's a regular tragedy.

It is. I have a daughter that was a wildlife professional. It is tragic and shortsighted what we do to animals that we need in this world. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We didn't receive one on Eurodam on 5/27 Sailing.  Also, never received the Journey's Booklet at the end of the Cruise nor the "Mariner" Drink Card.   All our other Cruises since the Restart received all the above items.