Brilliance of the Seas has Disappeared from the Mediterranean from May to September in 2023.

On 7/24/2022 at 10:00 AM, little britain said:

I am very surprised if they are filling old Rhapsody from Limassol- it’s a tricky place to get to/ and expensive/ and necessitates an overnight stay!  I’m waiting for them to package up with flights like they did last year 

Who are the main carriers between UK and Cyprus? Were the packages through air2sea or UK travel agent?

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

Who are the main carriers between UK and Cyprus? Were the packages through air2sea or UK travel agent?

It was an RCI package with charter flights from a few regional ( and LGW) UK airports with Jewel last year.  Some charters they were unable to fill so people were switched to scheduled BA flights from a different airport. 

6 hours ago, little britain said:

It was an RCI package with charter flights from a few regional ( and LGW) UK airports with Jewel last year.  Some charters they were unable to fill so people were switched to scheduled BA flights from a different airport. 

Thanks, I am still not clear if this was a UK bookings only deal? 

I expected more flights to Cyprus since many Brits have holiday homes there but a quick search has only shown limited TUI and Jet2, along with their package holidays. I wondered who else flew regularly from the regional airports.Sounds like BA? - will have to check their schedule out.

Edited by c-leg5

Hello,

I know pigs might fly with greater probability than this, but I would like a return to the long gone days when a Freedom/Voyager class sailed out of Southampton whilst Brilliance sailed out of Harwich.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 2

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

The rumour in Oz is Enchantment will be replaced with Brilliance on the Alaska and Australian seasons 23/24. 

I saw that rumor earlier today.  It would not be a big surprise but would be disappointing.

On 7/26/2022 at 2:50 PM, cublet said:

Hello,

I know pigs might fly with greater probability than this, but I would like a return to the long gone days when a Freedom/Voyager class sailed out of Southampton whilst Brilliance sailed out of Harwich.

Regards,

Cublet

Royal Caribbean always seems to get more money for the cruises from Southampton than from Rome or Barcelona. Conclude from this that the UK cruises have high occupancy . I always wonder why we don't have a second ship from the UK or a winter season to Canary Islands and Maderia

• Like 1

Hello,

I was chatting to the captain of the Indy following the announcement that the ship would cease year-round sailing from Southampton.

He said that Miami said that they had to too deeply discount the cost of sailing from the UK in winter months to make it viable.

Regards,

Cublet

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Royal Caribbean always seems to get more money for the cruises from Southampton than from Rome or Barcelona. Conclude from this that the UK cruises have high occupancy . I always wonder why we don't have a second ship from the UK or a winter season to Canary Islands and Maderia

I’ve done the Bay of Biscay in May and it wasn’t great. RC would need to pay me to repeat that in the Winter months. 
It would be great to a have a winter itinerary that goes to the Carary Island but maybe from Barcelona. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 2:30 PM, c-leg5 said:

I expected more flights to Cyprus since many Brits have holiday homes there but a quick search has only shown limited TUI and Jet2, along with their package holidays. I wondered who else flew regularly from the regional airports.Sounds like BA? - will have to check their schedule out.

I don’t know if RCI Germany did a package with flights from Düsseldorf or Frankfurt; I know they started offering a lot of regional airports here but couldn’t fill the planes which mean people having to travel to other airports or even get out on scheduled BA flights which would have cost RCI more money! 
I think we were on a Thomson charter from LGW.

EJ of course is the other major budget carrier in Europe. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2022 at 2:30 PM, c-leg5 said:

Hi, 

We did the Jewel chartered sailing last year in October. What RCI did was that they chartered special TUI aircraft to get passengers over to Limassol. We were flying from Manchester at around 8am in the morning. Normally flights to Cyprus are in the evening from Cyprus so that's why they had to charter an aircraft to get us over there in the morning. 

They then put on a free shuttle bus for us in Limassol to transfer to the cruise ship. Looking back at this deal we got last year it was fantastic and it's looking unlikely we will get anything like this again. 

To answer your question yes it seemed to be a UK specific deal for the flights with TUI. 

Cyprus is a lovely island and I hope you enjoy your cruise on the Rhapsody. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2022 at 4:30 PM, c-leg5 said:

Currently in Cyprus 🙂 - BA flies several times a day to Larnaca from Heathrow, MIL has an apartment out here so we fly out once or twice a year.

Thinking about adding on a cruise on the Rhapsody next year as we’ll be here anyway. Which airport does RC use for Limassol ? I’m guessing it’s about an hour from Larnaca ?

According to Google, 

easyJet, British Airways, TUI, Jet2, American Airlines, Wizz Air UK and Wizz Air all fly direct to Larnaca.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

I’ve done the Bay of Biscay in May and it wasn’t great. RC would need to pay me to repeat that in the Winter months. 
It would be great to a have a winter itinerary that goes to the Carary Island but maybe from Barcelona. 

Have you checked MSCs routes yet… lol! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kw1816 said:

Currently in Cyprus 🙂 - BA flies several times a day to Larnaca from Heathrow, MIL has an apartment out here so we fly out once or twice a year.

Thinking about adding on a cruise on the Rhapsody next year as we’ll be here anyway. Which airport does RC use for Limassol ? I’m guessing it’s about an hour from Larnaca ?

According to Google, 

easyJet, British Airways, TUI, Jet2, American Airlines, Wizz Air UK and Wizz Air all fly direct to Larnaca.

Thanks had found them all now, except Wizz air - never heard of them.

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Remember when they based a ship in Palma a few years ago? Especially as BA now do flights from Southampton to Palma! 

I do, but I'd prefer Malaga because we can drive there in about 4 hours. 😊

Well, actually I'd prefer Lisbon but I'm not holding my breath. 😄

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You may not want to sail on her to Aliaga. 

Oh I do hope not!!  There is life in the old girl yet!!

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Seriously? Enchantment over Brilliance? Why? 

I do prefer the Radiance class over the Vision class but if Brilliance is not replaced it only leaves 3 ships in the Med next year (Symphony from Barcelona, Odyessy from Rome and Explorer from Venice if you don't count Rhapsody since she is moving between Cyprus and Hafia. 

Not much choice and the prices will skyrocket so a 4th ship in the Med will be welcomed.

Edited by Blue Eyed Belfast Belle
  • Like 1