Id For Boarding - Lost License

4 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

If he is 22 with an expired passport, how old was he when the passport was issued?  I doubt that “photo i.d.”  means “childhood photo”.

Actually my son is 26 years old, his passport was issued at age 17 and it is still valid until next year.  Childhood photo or not, the government still considers it valid.

Edited by MandyMooToo

4 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

If he is 22 with an expired passport, how old was he when the passport was issued?  I doubt that “photo i.d.”  means “childhood photo”.

As has been answered earlier in the thread, you can get a passport at 15yo that's good for 5 years.  

40 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

I'd have expected a 22yo to be responsible enough to not lose his only WHTI compliant photo document prior to need.

Missing the cruise is a great reminder of having responsibility.

I was 43 when we took our first cruise.  A couple weeks beforehand, I realized I couldn't find my DL.  (Thought) I looked all over for it.  Couldn't find it.  I went to the DMV and got a new one (back when they'd print on site).  

My parents were staying with our kids while we were gone and found the DL... I had left it on the bed of our scanner.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

High School photo ID would be accepted for older teens 16-18.  Not everyone drives, and during the pandemic, a lot of kids couldn't do driver's ed.

in this situation, he is not an older teen, he's 22...

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

and he does not need to worry, someone else is doing all the legwork for him

Really?  So many judgmental posts here.  Do you know for certain that grandmother is doing all the legwork?  He could be doing as much work to figure this out as she is.  It is very possible grandmother came on here just asking for advice to help, it does not mean the 22 yr old is doing nothing.  It must be awesome to have made it through life never losing anything important or having the need to get help from an elder in your family, when you are rightfully panicking over your screw up, or raising perfect children that don't screw up or ask for help...

• Like 8

Just now, MandyMooToo said:

Really?  So many judgmental posts here.  Do you know for certain that grandmother is doing all the legwork?  He could be doing as much work to figure this out as she is.  It is very possible grandmother came on here just asking for advice to help, it does not mean the 22 yr old is doing nothing.  It must be awesome to have made it through life never losing anything important or having the need to get help from an elder in your family, when you are rightfully panicking over your screw up, or raising perfect children that don't screw up or ask for help...

Lot of assumptions here, but whatever...have a lovely day MandyMooToo

4 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Lot of assumptions here, but whatever...have a lovely day MandyMooToo

True.  Your post was one of many that ticked me off.  People come here to chat, do research and ask for advice and oftentimes they get spanked for it.  Really the only thing in my comment that was specific to your prior post was the "leg work" portion.  I do apologize for sounding like an @ss though, just irritated at the crappy responses this lady is getting when she just wants to have a family cruise!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MandyMooToo said:

True.  Your post was one of many that ticked me off.  People come here to chat, do research and ask for advice and oftentimes they get spanked for it.  Really the only thing in my comment that was specific to your prior post was the "leg work" portion.  I do apologize for sounding like an @ss though, just irritated at the crappy responses this lady is getting when she just wants to have a family cruise!

No apology needed at all, I was not trying to be offensive, but I've been guilty of it a time or two+

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Pandemic has nothing to do with getting a DL and did not prevent people from getting one.  Not to mention, it's been over now for a year.

Oh , I guess that really was not Covid19 that we got 2 weeks ago .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, matj2000 said:

How did he lose his Drivers License?

Beats me, but I find it a little amusing.  He is 20, just finished his 2 years at community college and has been accepted by FSU in Tallahassee. He currently lives with my son and his family in Orlando so he’s beyond excited at finally getting out on his own. Last weekend he made his first solo trip to Tallahassee- and returned without his license. He isn’t even sure why he would’ve taken it out. I can’t wait to hear what kind of adventures this kid gets into “on his own”. Of course his dad took care of everything by checking on the requirements (yes, he did that by asking me, his Mom) and making an appointment for today at the dmv. 

The 21yo, on the other hand, is perfectly happy to live at home and attend UCF in Orlando. Amazing how different kids can be. But it’s fun watching them grow up. 

The reason I’m taking them all on the cruise is because it might be the last chance with school, careers, relationships, and all that. And because I want to be the Favorite Grandma. 🤣

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, frisbeewife said:

Beats me, but I find it a little amusing.  He is 20, just finished his 2 years at community college and has been accepted by FSU in Tallahassee. He currently lives with my son and his family in Orlando so he’s beyond excited at finally getting out on his own. Last weekend he made his first solo trip to Tallahassee- and returned without his license. He isn’t even sure why he would’ve taken it out. I can’t wait to hear what kind of adventures this kid gets into “on his own”. Of course his dad took care of everything by checking on the requirements (yes, he did that by asking me, his Mom) and making an appointment for today at the dmv. 

The 21yo, on the other hand, is perfectly happy to live at home and attend UCF in Orlando. Amazing how different kids can be. But it’s fun watching them grow up. 

The reason I’m taking them all on the cruise is because it might be the last chance with school, careers, relationships, and all that. And because I want to be the Favorite Grandma. 🤣

Glad to hear he has an appointment with the DMV today and will have a license. Enjoy the family cruise.

10 minutes ago, frisbeewife said:

But he's 20 now, did he have a couple of unbirthdays?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

But he's 20 now, did he have a couple of unbirthdays?

Grandma might have typoed or got his age wrong on the initial post.  I know my mother would be hard pressed to get all her grandkids ages right, she would be close but doubt she would know them all.

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

Grandma might have typoed or got his age wrong on the initial post.  I know my mother would be hard pressed to get all her grandkids ages right, she would be close but doubt she would know them all.

I know I was kidding.  My mother used to go thru all 6 kids name before she got to the right one

• Like 2

My Aunt did that, now that I am old I understand why!

Also, my 42 year old daughter lost her license a month ago.  She has no idea what happened to it.  She does have to take it out to buy Claritin so she thinks it was at the pharmacy.  Unfortunately, nobody turned it in. She received her replacement in two weeks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My Aunt did that, now that I am old I understand why!

Also, my 42 year old daughter lost her license a month ago.  She has no idea what happened to it.  She does have to take it out to buy Claritin so she thinks it was at the pharmacy.  Unfortunately, nobody turned it in. She received her replacement in two weeks.

I do it now as well, and I am 62 and have only 2 kids, a boy and a girl, they tell me OMG dad, you have become grammy!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

OMG I can’t believe I typed his age wrong. I’m only 65 but some days I act like I’m 95. Thank goodness I live in florida where they keep building beautiful new memory care facilities!  I should start touring them now, while I can still think. 😀

My apologies. The grandkids are 21, 20, and 12. I think. Maybe. That’s what I’m going to go with……

And I’ve been told the lost license has now been replaced at the dmv and he’s good to go. He has learned a lesson cuz he was convinced he wouldn’t get to go and (thanks to me) he dearly loves cruising. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, frisbeewife said:

OMG I can’t believe I typed his age wrong. I’m only 65 but some days I act like I’m 95. Thank goodness I live in florida where they keep building beautiful new memory care facilities!  I should start touring them now, while I can still think. 😀

My apologies. The grandkids are 21, 20, and 12. I think. Maybe. That’s what I’m going to go with……

And I’ve been told the lost license has now been replaced at the dmv and he’s good to go. He has learned a lesson cuz he was convinced he wouldn’t get to go and (thanks to me) he dearly loves cruising. 

I am glad he got a replacement and is good to go!

1 hour ago, frisbeewife said:

I'm so glad!  You sound like an amazing grandma, and you are absolutely right - this is the perfect time to make memories with your grandchildren before they get too busy with relationships/career to travel with you.  I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Op I have 5 young adult children ranging from 19 - 26, man can they be dumb. My 24 year old has left his phone in Ubers and credit cards at bars, misplaces his wallet at least once a week. My 26 year old recently dropped her phone in a porta potty. My 19 year old recently had our car die on him 5 miles from home, told him to call AAA for a tow, he had it towed to a shop 5 miles away instead of our mechanic 1/2 mile from our house. On our last cruise, my daughter didn’t bring her license because she had her passport. Fortunately when the wave runner excursion leader asked for a volunteer to check drivers licenses, she threw up her hand. They’re still learning. 

• Haha 1

You can get a state issued photo ID from the DMV. I got one for my grandson while waiting for his passport to be renewed. 
He wasn’t old enough for a drivers license. They asked for birth certificate, school record, something that proved address.