Voyager of the Seas swapped with Adventure of the Seas for 2023-24

6 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Is that for Christmas of 22 or Christmas of 23. I am booked Christmas of 23 and it is an eight night cruise.  That would be quite a change! 

m

2023  According to Ken the AD that WAS sailing out of Galveston was 5 nights- they just have to shuffle everything around now

36 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Did you get your new booking already?  

m

Well I thought I did.  I swear last night when I looked it had already been changed over.  Just looked now and all I have is a cancelled sailing.  Guess I'll see when it comes back if we get moved.

28 minutes ago, kccrzr said:

The letter I received from the TA does not contain the OBC offer for keeping the booking.  Does RCI not provide OBC if you use a TA or is this a TA decision?

The e-mail I received did not reference any OBC offer either.  My understanding from other comments in this thread is that the OBC offer was for people in rooms/room categories that are not on the new ship.  Being sister ships, most cabins should transfer over easily but there are a few differences between the two ships so likely a few rooms won't have a perfect match.

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So far the website does not have our October 21,2023 that goes to Tortola. It has a October 28th sailing that goes to Tortola and a October 14th Western Caribbean. I'm hoping that Royal's IT just hasn't added the 21st sailing to website. Though it's weird that they would have the sailing before and after ours listed. Curious???

I thought it would be up by now but it's still not there.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I thought it would be up by now but it's still not there.

I’m trying not to panic yet but it’s so weird that the sailing in front and in back of us is there but not ours.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, twangster said:

I was finally going to try one of the forward facing balcony cabins on deck 11.   Only Navigator and Voyager have them.  Epic timelapse potential.   Have to see what they give me on Adventure.  

We are the same 'boat'.  Got a great deal on two of the deck 11 forward balconies.   One even had the tub and decent sized bathroom.  We sailed on the Adventure back in April and will most likely choose a different ship.  Change is constant... not always good.  

6 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

I would love to know why they switched two ships in the same class. I don't think it has anything to do with new regulations, but it was an easy cover while they were swapping other ships!

It was pure and simple BS.     Eyewash.

Edited by Jimbo

9 hours ago, dunedinmaiden said:

I just experienced a different ship swap in May and it didn't go well.  I'm normally a very positive person, but based on my experience, I don't have good vibes.

How long did it take from the time you were notified until you received an updated room assignment on that one?

• Like 1

well Voyager got switched a couple of time.  It was removed from Baltics in 2023 and replaced with Serenade which then also got canceled for 2023 cruise as well.

Now again Voyager is swapped out.

Gee perhaps she should be sent back to Australia for better luck.

I do not why they had to cancel Serenade either.  For the Baltics they should have kept the Denmark and Norway 7 days as those were really unique 7 days.  But nope, without Russia, cruiselines do not want to give Denmark or Eastern Norway and chance.  oh well.   

First my RCI page said that my cruise was cancelled but still listed the 7 night Voyager from Fort Lauderdale in July of 2023. Now it says my cruise is cancelled but lists the 5 night Voyager cruise out of Galveston. Does this mean they are working towards assigning me our new cabin? We had a nice hump junior suite originally. We will NOT be happy if they give us a connecting cabin.

9 hours ago, monorail81 said:

How long did it take from the time you were notified until you received an updated room assignment on that one?

I took a month or two at least.  They actually extended the deadline for response until all the cabin reassignments were made.

5 minutes ago, dunedinmaiden said:

I took a month or two at least.  They actually extended the deadline for response until all the cabin reassignments were made.

Was it a same class switch or was it to a different class? I was hoping same to same would be quick. In my mind, it would seem to be easy. Just plop everyone back in the same room there were already in. If the room doesn’t exist, then those are the folks who need to get a new (unpreviously assigned to someone else) room assignment. 

• Like 1

Just now, monorail81 said:

Was it a same class switch or was it to a different class? I was hoping same to same would be quick. In my mind, it would seem to be easy. Just plop everyone back in the same room there were already in. If the room doesn’t exist, then those are the folks who need to get a new (unpreviously assigned to someone else) room assignment. 

It was a Med cruise switched from the Allure (two-bedroom grand suite) to the Wonder (got a jr. suite because there are no two-bedroom grand suites and not as many suites overall on the Wonder).  Unfortunately, the Voyager and Adventure aren't exactly the same, even though they're the same class.  In our case, they can't simply plop everyone onto the other ship.  We have B2B cruises booked 12/22 and 12/30 in forward balconies 1106 and 1108.  Those cabins don't exist on the Adventure because deck 11 is different between the Voyager and Adventure.  Those two cabins also had extra large balconies, more similar to junior suites. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

My replacement cruise still doesn't show on the website

I’m not seeing any of the Tortola/St Croix sailings in June or July including our July 1 sailing. 

On 7/28/2022 at 8:55 PM, cello56 said:

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

The International Maritime Organization recently shared new speed regulations we must adhere to and as a result, we’ve repositioned some of our ships for our upcoming 2023/2024 season. Our original plan for Voyager of the Seas was to offer sailings departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida through November 4th, 2023, and Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida beginning November 10th, 2023. Instead, Voyager will now sail from Galveston, Texas beginning May 9th, 2023.

Adventure of the Seas will now take Voyager’s place in Floridaand will offer similar itineraries! Starting July 28th, 2022, we’ll automatically move you to the new Adventure of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original Voyager of the Seas cruise. You’ll receive like-for-like accommodations onboard Adventure of the Seas, and your amenities will remain the same.

Your vacation is important to us. While we’re confident you’ll have an amazing time onboard Adventure and enjoy many of the same features as Voyager, we still want you to have the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we’ve outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the new Adventure of the Seascruise.

We’ll automatically move you to the Adventure of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original cruise. So, there’s nothing for you to do!

Your new sailing will still offer the same beautiful ports of call as your original cruise, and it’ll depart from the same destination. 

We’ll move you to a like-for-like stateroom and your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items. 

If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment within 14 business days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing.

If you prefer to re-book another sailing, we’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.

Please know, you’ll be responsible for any difference in pricing for your cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items. 

If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment within 14 business days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

Option 3: If you can’t find a new itinerary that works for you and choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go. You’ll receive: 

A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare (including non-refundable deposits) and any pre-paid amenities to the original form of payment within 14 business days – some international banking and financial institutions may have a processing time of approximately 30 business days.

If you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original certificate.  

If you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.

Please know, if you choose this option, we will not provide additional compensation.

Please note, any Cruise Planner purchases for your original Voyager of the Seas sailing will automatically be cancelled and refunded to your original form of payment. Feel free to re-book these items on your new ship and sail date.

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting an entire season of sailings and rebooking all guests, so we ask for your patience as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you. All moves will be completed by August 18th, 2022, and we’ll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been completely updated with the pricing fully adjusted. If you decide to go with Option 2 or 3, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by August 18th, 2022. And know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven’t heard from you by August 18th, 2022, you’ll remain booked on the alternate Adventure of the Seas sailing.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at: 

1 888 281 9344 in the U.S.

1800 754 500 in Australia / 0800 102 123 in New Zealand

In the UK only, by using our webchat service or by calling 0344 493 4005

All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for understanding, and we hope you find another cruise with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge, we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

All they did was cancell our Voyager cruise. Was to be may 23 Wish they would ahve put us on the Adventure

I hoping that Royal will announced that they have moved us and that our sailing has showed up on the website. If so, the week after us goes to the same ports but in a different order. We may consider doing a B2B so we could get Tortola in twice.

22 hours ago, molly361 said:

2023  According to Ken the AD that WAS sailing out of Galveston was 5 nights- they just have to shuffle everything around now

Thanks - I'm not expecting to go from 8 Night to 5!  I'm not picky about the new cabin, I just have a standard mid ship balcony. 

We had a ship/itinerary change for our 2023 transatlantic and went from 14 to 17 nights.  I kept the booking but with pre cruise travel it might be too long.  We have some obligations at home and I'm not sure we can be away for what will likely be over 3 weeks. 

m