Blue chip email? Is it a scam?

Taclin01

On 12/23/2022 at 8:01 PM, CaroleSS said:

@kwokpot, yes you got a good deal at todays prices direct with Celebrity.....and although not the $2003.28 (comped room + AI with the current $386.56 port fees), through a good TA, I found you the same room for $3161 and $875 OBC (for a total of $2286) which is only a savings of $283.

Again, if you are looking for a "bare bones" cruise, the BCC offerings are a great deal. If you are looking for more, they might not be as much so.

I second @retird's sentiments.....to my CCfamily, Happy Holidays.....and May all your cruises be bright!

It really comes down can you live without the alcohol package.  If you are CC Elite, you get free mimosas or bloody marys, free drinks whenever playing, free drinks from 5pm-7pm (except for embarkation day), can carry on wine and charge a few drinks here and there

Got an offer yesterday, it might have been floating around for a while. We are booked on the Edge for Apr 7th for 10 days in a C1 Concierge. There was an upgrade charge for the Concierge but he said that was all they had left. All in it was $637 with port fees and taxes. Booking that cruise only would have been around $6000. I'll take it. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ORV said:

Got an offer yesterday, it might have been floating around for a while. We are booked on the Edge for Apr 7th for 10 days in a C1 Concierge. There was an upgrade charge for the Concierge but he said that was all they had left. All in it was $637 with port fees and taxes. Booking that cruise only would have been around $6000. I'll take it. 

It seems like they changed the upgrade fees with this current offer. I called earlier this week to ask about upgrading from veranda to concierge/aqua for my March Equinox cruise and instead of the expected $10/day/pp or $20/day/pp upcharge, it was over $400. The rep told me it had changed since the end of the year. Hence, I elected to stay with my current veranda. I might call later and see if I get the same answer.

2 minutes ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Just wondering, once you submit the form on the email, how quickly did they respond to your request. Was it days later or did you have to call them?

I never sent in the request, I just called them and gave them the offer Code and when we wanted to go. There is a special BCC number to call. It's somewhere in this thread. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xyla said:

It seems like they changed the upgrade fees with this current offer. I called earlier this week to ask about upgrading from veranda to concierge/aqua for my March Equinox cruise and instead of the expected $10/day/pp or $20/day/pp upcharge, it was over $400. The rep told me it had changed since the end of the year. Hence, I elected to stay with my current veranda. I might call later and see if I get the same answer.

Our upgrade was $306 so that is $15.30 a day per person to go from Veranda to Concierge, but there were no veranda available, so this was my only option. If the veranda had been available we would have taken it. Still a great deal. 

3 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Just wondering, once you submit the form on the email, how quickly did they respond to your request. Was it days later or did you have to call them?

I submitted the form, but got antsy after a day or so and called.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

Dont bother sending the form . They don't look at them until they have attended to all the call ins and by then most cabins are gone.   Go through the list of available cruises they sent you.  Pick a few you would like and go on celebrity website and see which veranda cabins are available that you would like on each of those cruises

Call them at 1-866-461-7170 and ask if any of those cabins are available in their promo.  If one is available you can book it with them at that time and pay your taxes.      Thats how I do it.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, retird said:

Dont bother sending the form . They don't look at them until they have attended to all the call ins and by then most cabins are gone.   Go through the list of available cruises they sent you.  Pick a few you would like and go on celebrity website and see which veranda cabins are available that you would like on each of those cruises

Call them at 1-866-461-7170 and ask if any of those cabins are available in their promo.  If one is available you can book it with them at that time and pay your taxes.      Thats how I do it.  

Correct, just to clarify why one should call in:

-BCC only has a certain number of staterooms per sailing, hence why they'll ask for a choice of three

-BCC has been known to book a room in one of your selected sailings without calling you so you have no choice of the room or location.  You can call them and change the room but if you need to call why not just call them in the beginning

-If there are still upgrades, you can find out if they're available

-

7 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Mind sharing WHAT changed?  As in, did the upgrade fee increase, are upgrades outright eliminated, etc

Each BCC offer is coded, Some do not allow upgrades as my cruises in Dec. did not so we sailed veranda.

Our first offer was for Mexica riviera which we are sailing next week. At the time of the offer I could upgrade to CC for $10 a day or Aqua for $20 a day. I booked veranda and called back a week later to upgrade to aqua and was told none available as they are allotted a very limited number per sailing. he said to try again at a later date as Celebrity may release more cabins to them. I waited until last week and sure enough more available... but instead of $140 each for the week it is now $368 each. I declined as that was US$ which is $502 CDN  . Will enjoy our aft balcony that we were originally given.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

Each BCC offer is coded, Some do not allow upgrades as my cruises in Dec. did not so we sailed veranda.

Our first offer was for Mexica riviera which we are sailing next week. At the time of the offer I could upgrade to CC for $10 a day or Aqua for $20 a day. I booked veranda and called back a week later to upgrade to aqua and was told none available as they are allotted a very limited number per sailing. he said to try again at a later date as Celebrity may release more cabins to them. I waited until last week and sure enough more available... but instead of $140 each for the week it is now $368 each. I declined as that was US$ which is $502 CDN  . Will enjoy our aft balcony that we were originally given.

Thanks for sharing, very disappointing

I have an upcoming BBC cruise in March. I inquired about upgrading to Aqua class as we were able to do on a previous cruise. We were able to get it for the $10 pp early on. I know they had raised the price to $20 pp/day and was prepared to do it but now they quoted me around $400 which was higher than I wanted to pay. Does anyone know what the upcharge is for Concierge? Normally I wouldn't bother but with the extra points it will put me into Elite for my next cruise. 

Just an FYI, I noticed some family verandas (soon to be ultra deluxe verandas) open up for booking with only 2 person occupancy for a Summit cruise which was booked with this free veranda offer and thought I'd give it a shot to try to switch to.  I called two nights ago at 7:50 PM EST and after 1.5 hours on hold figured they might have closed up shop.  Sure enough after 2 hours they picked up and I asked the question.  Sadly, they said no to the request.  The rep said they can make exceptions for the sunset verandas (none available at the time of booking or when I called), but they cannot place us in the family verandas as they are a higher price than the concierge cabins.  She did offer to upgrade to the FV for $170 total which was enticing but we passed as we're in a sweet sixteen balcony and don't really need all that extra space.

I suppose those who might want that extra space can take note of the cheap upgrade price I mentioned here.

14 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

I just got the new offer.....not port fees and taxes, but 10% off

YOUR EXCLUSIVE OFFER
10% OFF CRUISE FARE
+
Drinks, Wifi, and Tips
All Included

BOOK BY JANUARY 17, 2023

I got this as well and didn't think to ask when I called what the 10% discount really means. Is it 10% off the lowest available rate (cruise only) or off the AI rate?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I got this as well and didn't think to ask when I called what the 10% discount really means. Is it 10% off the lowest available rate (cruise only) or off the AI rate?

If you find out, can you let us know?

It actually might be a better deal for those that want the AI experience. If it is 10% off the cruise only fare, but includes the AI perks.....I'd have to price some cruises out, but would be worth the research.