Now I see why people are upset about not getting the Cruise Compass

On 7/31/2022 at 8:07 AM, Happy New Cruiser said:

I signed into the app and selected the current Oasis itinerary so I could see what activities to expect on my sailing next week.  There is no mention of Aqua80 or Cats (not that I’m planning to go) in the app. I’m pretty sure they didn’t cancel them both for an entire sailing. There are so many other activities and shows listed but, how is one to know when the main shows are if they don’t appear in the app and they don’t give you a daily Cruise Compass? 

We have been on 5 post-restart cruises and got a compass on every cruise. And the comprehensive show schedule showing what is playing in each venue every night. The app is usually wrong until the day of departure. At this moment in time, entertainment is fluid from week to week (covid and such). On the first schedule below, the entertainment schedule was different the week before and the week after.  On the second schedule below, supply chain issues getting costumes, scenery, and props for shows was limiting what was on the schedule. 

8BC9E6E9-7D61-4298-A508-31B102765FEB.thumb.jpeg.79d5730051b0c8d9cc4822f0ac3ff04d.jpeg

430CC683-CE13-4181-ACE8-4D4BFE29EB8D.thumb.jpeg.eb386469d39c8185c9f731d46c257aee.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2022 at 9:43 AM, twangster said:

I suggested they put the PDF of the cruise compass in the app itself with the ability to pinch and zoom so you can read everything.  If the actual cruise compass was available in the app that would work for me and I'd be happy eliminating the paper version.   Suggested the same for menus - actual menu images instead of the text only versions of the menu.  There is something about looking at an actual menu compared to the text only menu currently in the app.

Otherwise the app is a massive technology fail.  

Totally agree that the Royal app is a technological failure. It has a user interface out of the 80's. 

Other cruise lines have more of a PDF look at their Daily Compass and Restaurant Menus on their apps so that you can see the entire schedule without dozens of "advertisement" lines for for-fee activities. 

C6A015AC-0101-4E82-A222-05420EEDFF4D.thumb.jpeg.7719d9b346cbfb217bb1af4360117ec8.jpeg'

AC22EFD0-B711-4A77-9DF2-A6237D682936.thumb.jpeg.ff5c0b0bc1bc645af34c98f135c55cf9.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

We were on Navigator in June out of Stockholm.  We did receive the compass each day.  Wouldn’t miss it as app has most everything.  What we did miss were port maps.  We were told they stopped giving them because someone sued Royal for being left at port and them blaming the map.  Big disappointment, the maps helped a lot around dock and downtown. 

I don't think you were on Navigator in Stockholm this past June? 

We were on Navigator in June out of Stockholm.  We did receive the compass each day.  Wouldn’t miss it as app has most everything.  What we did miss were port maps.  We were told they stopped giving them because someone sued Royal for being left at port and them blaming the map.  Big disappointment, the maps helped a lot around dock and downtown. 

I don't think you were on Navigator in Stockholm this past June? 

The Navigator is in California...since October of 2021.

• Thanks 1

We prefer the paper copies of the Cruise Compass and food and bar menus. Like in the past all always available on our March B2B cruise on the Explorer. The only time I used the app was to check our onboard account as the Explorer doesn't support the interactive TV option. 

• Like 1

On our last cruise, which was in May, there were several differences between the APP and the paper copy Cruise Compass. I prefer the paper copy, I read it before going to sleep at night and highlight what I am interested in doing the next day, then my husband reads it and does the same thing. I have a pink highlighter, and my husband has a blue highlighter. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 8:07 AM, Happy New Cruiser said:

and they don’t give you a daily Cruise Compass? 

Just ask your stateroom attendant, and they will provide you with one every evening of your cruise.

On 7/31/2022 at 11:04 AM, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

That being said, I've also lost track of how many times one of us was aware of some activity that the other was not, because it was listed in the paper Cruise Compass but not the app. 🤨

THIS.  My daughters would say "Let's do this". I check app. I say "Not showing" and lo and behold the paper compass was right.

The only features I like on the app are checking my Account and the Dinner menus.

• Like 4

On 7/31/2022 at 7:07 AM, Happy New Cruiser said:

I signed into the app and selected the current Oasis itinerary so I could see what activities to expect on my sailing next week.  There is no mention of Aqua80 or Cats (not that I’m planning to go) in the app. I’m pretty sure they didn’t cancel them both for an entire sailing. There are so many other activities and shows listed but, how is one to know when the main shows are if they don’t appear in the app and they don’t give you a daily Cruise Compass? 

Just off a cruise last week.  We got the Cruise Compass paper every day.  On day 1, our cabin guy ask if we wanted it daily and we said yes.  Saw others getting them at customer service desk.

• Like 1