Had covid beginning of July still test poitive

Jancruz

1 minute ago, ldubs said:

But unless something significant has changed, the DOR process allows exactly that -- meaning you are allowed to board with a positive test that is move than 10 but less than 90 days old.  

Not meaning you specifically, but this discussion seems to be bouncing all over the place.  

Thank you

5 hours ago, ldubs said:

But unless something significant has changed, the DOR process allows exactly that -- meaning you are allowed to board with a positive test that is move than 10 but less than 90 days old.  

Not meaning you specifically, but this discussion seems to be bouncing all over the place.  

There is a difference in cases where COVID resolved without Paxlovid and one where Paxlovid was used. Paxlovid seemingly represses the virus, it does not kill the virus so testing positive after a course of Paxlovid means you are still sick and infectious not immune.  

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/30/health/paxlovid-rebound-contagious-study-wellness/index.html

Edited by Elaine5715

16 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

There is a difference in cases where COVID resolved without Paxlovid and one where Paxlovid was used. Paxlovid seemingly represses the virus, it does not kill the virus so testing positive after a course of Paxlovid means you are still sick and infectious not immune.  

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/30/health/paxlovid-rebound-contagious-study-wellness/index.html

That is the point I have been missing all along, and the OP does say they were treated with Paxlovid.  So on the rebound, would still need isolation.  Thanks!   

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Just to point out this sentence:

The CDC said people who test positive again and whose symptoms come back after finishing their antiviral pills should restart their isolation period and isolate for five full days. "

I would take this to mean that if you test positive, but your symptoms don't come back, you don't need to isolate again. 

On 8/2/2022 at 5:58 PM, Elaine5715 said:

But this caveat is not listed under Carnival's procedures, so . . . 

Most likely? From CDC. 

"One of the problems with recent COVID-19 infections is that a patient may continue to test positive for weeks or even months after the infection has cleared up from the body. A positive COVID-19 test in a patient who has recovered from COVID-19 and who no longer has any symptoms will most likely indicate that the test is detecting non-infectious virus fragments and the patient is no longer infectious."

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 10:23 AM, ldubs said:

Our health officials (CDC) say that folks may test positive for up to 90 days without being contagious.  They say they do not recommend taking a test within 90 days of testing positive.  This has been in place for a long time and is the basis for the Document of Recovery.  Most countries have a similar approach.   It was widely accepted for air travel before the testing requirement was lifted.  

Thats all correct. But im saying you can still catch it again during that peroid.  One is not now totally immune to it. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Thats all correct. But im saying you can still catch it again during that peroid.  One is not now totally immune to it. 

I honestly have no idea.  When it comes to what rules to follow,  I figure it best to go with what CDC says.  

32 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Except now they are retracting earlier guidelines during the current Mea culpa tour

Yep, I'm happily following the new guidelines.  I hope they continue to evolve.  I suppose we should be glad at least one of our gov't agencies might actually learn from their mistakes.  

I haven't read through the other posts, so this may have already been said.....

you can throw a positive PCR test for up to 3 months after having covid.  A rapid antigen test will show NOW & doesn't react the same way. & Not to the antibodies in your system.  ( And I don't mean an antibody test, that's different.)

Edited by CheckersMidwest