outlets for phone charger

31 minutes ago, mykidsmom said:

only items we need an outlet for is to charge iphones and ipad - are there regular outlets for that on Oasis ?

There is also one behind the head of the bed where the phone Jack is.  You have to be a contortionist to get it, but it is there…..😂😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mykidsmom said:

so you are saying that the Oasis does not have a regular outlet?

Oasis DOES have a regular outlet at the vanity, and for balcony rooms there is ALSO one under the head of the bed.  

• Like 1

Remember they are saying to bring a USB multiplug.  Not a surge protector.  If you can plug more then 1 wall plug into something they will take it.  But I now carry a 6 USB a plug extension.  Years ago I would carry a small 2 plug actual surger protector, not just a pig tail or splitter, to make sure I didn't blow up my expensive laptop.  I must have carried it on 5-6 cruises, but at some point they took it. 

50 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Must have been some VERY old ships, because I had a teeny tiny inside room on Majesty, and it had an outlet at the vanity.

What Oasis has is not same/"Standard Fleet Wide" was our Point. Shoot Sovereign Class had DATA Links, think Vision Class also but havent been on them in over 20yrs. Some Ships Plug by Bed or MultiPlugs others no... Now if was possible add Plugs multi USB's to all Cabins on all Ships that would take care most of our needs

Edited by ONECRUISER

44 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

What Oasis has is not same/"Standard Fleet Wide" was our Point. Shoot Sovereign Class had DATA Links, think Vision Class also but havent been on them in over 20yrs. Some Ships Plug by Bed or MultiPlugs others no... Now if was possible add Plugs multi USB's to all Cabins on all Ships that would take care most of our needs

I don't think ANYthing is "standard fleet wide" other than the fact that they ALL have at least one North American style electrical outlet at the vanity, which is what I thought is what was being discussed here.  

Symphony has some USB outlets in addition to regular outlets at the vanity.  But the standard of having at least one "regular" outlet at the vanity is met, even with the addition of USB outlets. 

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

I don't think ANYthing is "standard fleet wide" other than the fact that they ALL have at least one North American style electrical outlet at the vanity, which is what I thought is what was being discussed here.  

Symphony has some USB outlets in addition to regular outlets at the vanity.  But the standard of having at least one "regular" outlet at the vanity is met, even with the addition of USB outlets. 

True, No problem...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miyanc said:

If you can plug more then 1 wall plug into something they will take it.

This isn't exactly correct.  

You can use a three-tap outlet, which allows you to plug three wall plugs into a single outlet.  

Like this:

03195250.jpg.99308fa4211c2f50098383404fb50086.jpg

Or this:

03195251.jpg.bd2dcf39f7298d57154c82924eade1ed.jpg

Or even easier is to get a multi-port hub that you can use for several different devices at once:

61-sIyAnuAL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.ea08d06b82cc16a3f1123a2b05643ac1.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, 10 older Royal Ships I been on do not

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Not standard.

Oasis is different.

I'm not buying that RC ships (fleetwide) don't have at least one standard 3 prong (north American style) outlet in every cabin. 

Buy these and you will have plenty of outlets.  Just make sure that anything you plug into the AC ports on the European adapters is capable of handling 240v/50hz.  Most newer electronics are.  Fans, flat irons, blow dryers may not - check the label.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TR7QCVP

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HLSFN8Z

11 hours ago, rudeney said:

Buy these and you will have plenty of outlets.  Just make sure that anything you plug into the AC ports on the European adapters is capable of handling 240v/50hz.  Most newer electronics are.  Fans, flat irons, blow dryers may not - check the label.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TR7QCVP

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HLSFN8Z

5 Below has similar adapters and for cheap.  Mine is approaching 10 years old, still works fine.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mykidsmom said:

only items we need an outlet for is to charge iphones and ipad - are there regular outlets for that on Oasis ?

Most reposes go off on a wide range, without ever answering your question.  On your desk/vanity, you will find 3 plugs.  2 of them are flat pin, 110 volt outlets, and one of them is a 2 round pin, outlet at 240 votes.  Your iPhone and iPad will charge on either one, and all you need for the 2 round pin, is either a simple adapter from Amazon that you plug in, and it changes to a USB jack.  Many of those actually will give you 2 or more USB plugs, and they are exactly the same as the flat pin plugs that came with your phone.  There is no need to climb under your bed, to find a plug, which is usually a 240 round pin anyway.  

Some of the newest ships, actually changed out one of the 110 jacks, and made it into a USB jack instead.  Many places, like hotels, ships, etc have changed to doing this for a jack.  

Many hospitality areas are now making a universal jack where a flat pin, or round pin, along with the many other types fit into one jack.  It will be quite possible you will see this on ship in the near future.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miyanc said:

I had something like this taken from me in either Miami or fort Lauderdale.  It was in my carry on. 

Screenshot_20220801-130034.png

Because it's a surge protector.  A standard non-surge power strip device would not have had plugs for the phone/modem on it.  Surge protectors ARE NOT ALLOWED, full-stop.

I do ALL of my mobile device charging using an Anker PowerPort station, four USB-A ports, one USB-C.  I've been on 4 cruises with it, never had it taken, and it uses ONE outlet.

I hesitate to use provided USB outlets in at least public spaces.  Yes they should be innocuous, but do you REALLY know what the other end is connected to?