2 year old drop off?

22 minutes ago, pcur said:

I am known by my friends and family for having a great sense of humor.  I just find telling someone their concern about finding trustworthy child care is a "business transaction" is not humorous to me.  Telling a person your not going to mention something when it's obvious you AREN'T interested in answering their concern, but infers there's something wrong with them, isn't humorous.  Making a crude statement about someone having a stick up a body part is not humorous. 

I'm all for humor, but not at the expense of another person. We are so inundated in our culture by harsh, critical, demeaning "humor" that we don't recognize it's just rude and somewhat offensive.

I’m guessing you’re not a fan of George Carlin

• Like 1

On Oasis now with a 2 year old. Adventure Ocean has a nursery for babies and toddlers up to 3 years old. You can sign up (in person) for a time slot: 9 am-12, 2-5  pm, 7-1am. The daytime fees are $6/hour and nighttime is $8/hour. Well worth it! You can have them stay only part of the time (we did 10-12 the first time) or the full session. Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, pcur said:

I see a problem over the last year or so:  a person asked a question here, and then other posters have to "qualify" whether the OP is "entitled" to ask that question, based on some sort of personal yardstick.

I've experienced it; I've seen it many, many times, and IMO everyone is entitled to ask a question here without judgement calls being made on their humor (or lack thereof), parenting skills, income level, health-related opinions, and..............

People have a habit of saying/posting, "Oh, get a grip, it's just a joke", when in reality it's really criticism, mean-sirited negativity, and cyber-bullying.

YMMV and JMO

Webster's opinion:

sar·casm

/ˈsärˌkazəm/

noun

1.the use of irony to mock or convey contempt

I didn’t see his comment as being sarcastic.

2 hours ago, mitz18 said:

hu·mor
/ˈ(h)yo͞omər/
  1. 1.the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech.

👍🏼

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

My understanding is there is a nursery on all ships for the under 3's but it is not a drop and leave. It's more of a play area.  But I've never cruise when my children were under 3 so that's just what I've been told by other passengers.  They used to have babysitting for that age but not all ships have it.  On the Anthem in March I remember talking to a parent saying it wasn't offered because they didn't have enough staff.  I'm pretty sure the in-room babysitting is completely gone now but maybe someone else will know 100%.

The 4 year would not be with the 2 year old as the 4 year old would be in Adventure Ocean.  Which is free until 10pm and then around $10 a hour until midnight.

There used to be in-room babysitting.  Staff looking to earn extra money. They used to send staff in pairs to babysit, even if only one child. This was discontinued several years ago (way before Covid).

5 hours ago, mitz18 said:

Nope, not going to say it.

Though I had great time with my Kids, youngest turned 3 on my first Cruise as a Single Parent. The two older Kids in Adventure Ocean at nite while the Wee One went with me. After Dinner in Main Dining some Nites I'd get her in PJ's and we'd sit off to the side Balcony watching the Main Shows and at times went to Karaoke. Worked out great she went into Dance, doing her own choreography. At 12yrs old Won 3rd Place in Regional Competition. Was lucky with all 3 being 100% Toilet Trained before 18 months, definitely helps not having bring Diapers on Cruises. Back then if you had one Kid 5 or under Royal gave Pager out that they'd use for all your Kids in AO if any needed me

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2022 at 9:53 PM, wesnliz said:

This is helpful. I’m super frustrated with the rccl website. They make it seem like basically anyone under 3 has no options other than having a parent there full time, and no late night watching 

Grandma here, and my ds, dil and 2.75 yo  (when we cruise) gd decided to join us on the Jewel next March. I agree with you that trying to find information is tough. Unfortunately it looks like the Jewel is not toddler friendly. I can't even figure out what kind of water area they have for toddlers if any. Just that they have to be potty trained to use the pool.

3 and under can go to the nursery on ships that have them. They have reservable hours where you leave your child in their care. They also will have open play hours on some ships when you can take your kids yourself and play with them with their toys and equipment in the nursery room. They had this on Enchantment. I believe Oasis has a separate play area in the middle of the AO area (Allure did at least).

We're about to go on Adventure that does not have a nursery or play area but looks like they have some hours set up in the teen area during the day for us to go play with them. Curious about how that goes. 

57 minutes ago, death_star said:

3 and under can go to the nursery on ships that have them. They have reservable hours where you leave your child in their care. They also will have open play hours on some ships when you can take your kids yourself and play with them with their toys and equipment in the nursery room. They had this on Enchantment. I believe Oasis has a separate play area in the middle of the AO area (Allure did at least).

We're about to go on Adventure that does not have a nursery or play area but looks like they have some hours set up in the teen area during the day for us to go play with them. Curious about how that goes. 

I was just on Adventure, and they said they were expanding the hours of the parent-child play during our cruise (August, left from NJ, tons of families) because there was a lot of demand for it.  Maybe speak to the kids club staff to tell them how much you want to use this service?  AOS is one of the few ships without a nursery now, so I'd imagine these hours are more important.  There's also a very small child splash zone with a tiny slide that your little one might like.  My 3 year old liked the area, but she was too small for the bigger slide and was kind of mad about that (your child is younger so if they are potty trained, the splash zone might be perfect for them). 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

I was just on Adventure, and they said they were expanding the hours of the parent-child play during our cruise (August, left from NJ, tons of families) because there was a lot of demand for it.  Maybe speak to the kids club staff to tell them how much you want to use this service?  AOS is one of the few ships without a nursery now, so I'd imagine these hours are more important.  There's also a very small child splash zone with a tiny slide that your little one might like.  My 3 year old liked the area, but she was too small for the bigger slide and was kind of mad about that (your child is younger so if they are potty trained, the splash zone might be perfect for them). 

We have a 4 and a 1 YO so at least one of them will like it! They had a blast in Freedoms splashaway Bay but I know this one is smaller. 

On 8/2/2022 at 10:05 PM, wesnliz said:

We have a 2 and 4 year old - for night time drop off would they go to different areas? We’re looking at Oasis

Our kids, 3 and 7, really enjoyed Adventure Ocean on Oasis. The age groups are 6 months - 3 years,  3 to 6 and 7 to 12.