Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yea.. at least just one hour.    It is really going to be rather port intensive on the front end.  Tomorrow is Bar Harbor and a tender day. 

Hi Jim... Looking forward to more reports from your cruise.  I've learned so much from this thread and the pictures are outstanding!

Not sure what you are doing tomorrow in Bar Harbor but if you have time... check out Ben & Bill's Chocolate Emporium...66 Main Street...Phone: (207) 288-3281.  Their ice cream and candies are absolutely phenomenal!

If you would like to go for a leisurely walk, check out the Shore Path (https://acadiamagic.com/bar-harbor/shore-path.html).  

My husband and I used to travel to Maine on a yearly basis and always spent two days visiting Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park.  

Hope both of you will have a great day tomorrow!  

I wanted to explain the purple flags at the Commons. 

Today is International Opioid Overdose Awareness day and the 20,000 flags represent the number of people worldwide that have died from it in the past 10 years.  

image.thumb.jpeg.805e4bf7896c68efb6c8401d8cc9acdb.jpeg

B5D1EE32-784D-423B-BE81-E91B88C12636.thumb.jpeg.6b99e439948da7d7f1a2d1485237371d.jpeg

State Capital in background. 

• Like 13

31 minutes ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Hi Jim... Looking forward to more reports from your cruise.  I've learned so much from this thread and the pictures are outstanding!

Not sure what you are doing tomorrow in Bar Harbor but if you have time... check out Ben & Bill's Chocolate Emporium...66 Main Street...Phone: (207) 288-3281.  Their ice cream and candies are absolutely phenomenal!

If you would like to go for a leisurely walk, check out the Shore Path (https://acadiamagic.com/bar-harbor/shore-path.html).  

My husband and I used to travel to Maine on a yearly basis and always spent two days visiting Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park.  

Hope both of you will have a great day tomorrow!  

Thanks. Tomorrow we are doing Ollie ‘s Trolly to Arcadia.    Last time we took a Celebrity tour and was one of the worst tours we have ever had.  

I have had so many good recommendations for them

We have a pretty early tour so will have time for Bar HArbor.   We will check out your recommendations.    We have been before and one time just exploring all of the wonderful shops and sampled blueberry product. 

• Like 3

When and where did they add dining tables to the CS suites on the Solstice class ships?   We had no table on the Silhouette, just a coffee table by the sofa in a very tight living room.   The bedroom fit little more than a bed.    The only nice thing is we had a suite on the slant so we had a large balcony.   The suites on that class of ship are small with no dining table.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We have a Celebrity Suite for this segment. It is really nice to have the extra space.  

We had a Celebrity Suite on the Summit just about 1 year ago. We absolutely LOVED it (except for the infamous bath tub 😉 ). Chris has actually been checking literally every day to see if one comes available for our cruise on 9/11. Nothing so far, but we did get to move to a Sky Suite with a very large balcony. 👍

And, in case you haven't seen them, here are a couple pictures of your sail away this evening, I found posted on a FaceBook Celebrity group.  🙂 

Enjoy the next leg of your adventure. 

FB_IMG_1661988868415.jpg

FB_IMG_1661988873307.jpg

• Thanks 1

Maine has the BEST blueberries!  They are small, but delicious!  Be sure to have a blueberry dessert, like blueberry pie…..it’s blueberry season there in August!  There should still be plenty.  West side cafe makes a good blueberry pie! 

I second the shore path walk, to the left as you exit the tender pier, if you have any time left over…..beautiful seaside mansions and homes looking out to Frenchman’s Bay.  Have fun in beautiful Bar Harbor….a place near and dear to my heart!  If you are adventurous or just a glutton for punishment, try the lobster ice cream at the Chocolate Emporium.

• Like 3

Today is International Opioid Overdose Awareness day and the 20,000 flags represent the number of people worldwide that have died from it in the past 10 years.  

B5D1EE32-784D-423B-BE81-E91B88C12636.thumb.jpeg.6b99e439948da7d7f1a2d1485237371d.jpeg

Sadly I think they are Massachusetts numbers.😢Almost 2,300 died here last year.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

Thanks, we were wondering about the meaning of the purple flags.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks. Tomorrow we are doing Ollie ‘s Trolly to Arcadia.    Last time we took a Celebrity tour and was one of the worst tours we have ever had.  

I have had so many good recommendations for them

We have a pretty early tour so will have time for Bar HArbor.   We will check out your recommendations.    We have been before and one time just exploring all of the wonderful shops and sampled blueberry product. 

I remember seeing Ollie's Trolly when my husband/I visited Bar Harbor/Acadia over the years.  I hope you'll have beautiful weather.  The view from Cadillac Mtn. is amazing.  Maine blueberries is out of this world and if you like martinis... must try a blueberry martini/blueberry coffee.  There are plenty of restaurants along Main Street if y'all would like to get a bite to eat/drink. Don't forget lobstah! 🙂  

Can't wait to read about your day tomorrow!  

1 hour ago, takemewithyou said:

Maine has the BEST blueberries!  They are small, but delicious!  Be sure to have a blueberry dessert, like blueberry pie…..it’s blueberry season there in August!  There should still be plenty.  West side cafe makes a good blueberry pie! 

I second the shore path walk, to the left as you exit the tender pier, if you have any time left over…..beautiful seaside mansions and homes looking out to Frenchman’s Bay.  Have fun in beautiful Bar Harbor….a place near and dear to my heart!  If you are adventurous or just a glutton for punishment, try the lobster ice cream at the Chocolate Emporium.

Maine holds a very special place in my heart as well as my husbands.  We had a timeshare in Rockport and traveled there for sixteen years.  The people in Maine were amazing, the scenery was jaw dropping and loved all of our vacations there, including the wicked winters!  

• Like 1

I've been really enjoying reading about your cruise(s)!  Thanks for doing this thread.

I live about halfway between Portland and Bar Harbor on the coast and we have been having wonderful weather most of this summer--tomorrow looks like a great day here with a high of about 70 and lots of sun, and you should get about the same in Bar Harbor.   Enjoy Maine!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, IsItTimeToCruiseYet? said:

Maine holds a very special place in my heart as well as my husbands.  We had a timeshare in Rockport and traveled there for sixteen years.  The people in Maine were amazing, the scenery was jaw dropping and loved all of our vacations there, including the wicked winters!  

@IsItTimeToCruiseYet? I enjoy reading your  comments, but the font makes them difficult to read on a phone. Any chance you might change the font to one that’s easier to read? It is a pretty script, though.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We started our walk at the cruise terminal and went down Sommer Street.   1.9 miles later we were at. The Boston Common. 

857479E9-8021-4DC8-8110-62757F0DE308.thumb.jpeg.055517976bbd484d3474fc575d815011.jpeg

FF034D8E-D8A0-4E53-BB39-2B323CD9B800.thumb.jpeg.f4e704c9e306a53e9efdd00e863edb35.jpeg

C907DDEE-BBAC-41AB-A28A-A8FC1BCA474F.thumb.jpeg.58b0ddefaa10bce36dab9270a8f329af.jpeg

BA000305-A1F1-4768-843F-1855CC5B54A2.thumb.jpeg.b4df988a30212a7ad0b2409689c6ce9a.jpeg

7D40E7D3-655B-46A2-88C1-B09CD2595A81.jpeg

I wonder what is in the dog walker's backpack.  I bet it gets pretty full during his walk...💩

• Haha 1

Safe journey.  We had a fast walkout disembarkation.  US CBP was faster that we thought possible.  Staying in Maine for a week just north or Portland.   Wonder if our BnB owner will be doing trivia or cleaning our apartment each day.

If anyone if on Summit on deck 7 say hi to Savio from Susan and Joss

56 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

@IsItTimeToCruiseYet? I enjoy reading your  comments, but the font makes them difficult to read on a phone. Any chance you might change the font to one that’s easier to read? It is a pretty script, though.

+1 pretty but hard to read.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, asnaleah said:

The CS pictures are nice, but oy, that darned bathtub!

I do like the dining table. Is there a dining table in the CS on Silhouette?

You comment on the bathtub is an understatement.  My DW and I are active, fit seniors and we had to order up a step stool to access the tub in 8104.  I see slip and fall if the seas are heavy. And there are no grab handles.  Nevertheless our 8/3 itinerary on the Summit was one of our top five.

1 hour ago, Jazzbo said:

Agree. It’s also difficult for 80 Yr old eyes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jazzbo said:

I'm so sorry!  No worries and thank you very much for letting me know. Have a good day.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8