St Marteen and St Thomas lunch ideas?

Gladys's in St Thomas is our favorite. The bus drops you off just a few steps from the door.

We had lolo outdoors by the bay in Grand Case.

Can you tell we like to try local cuisine?

• Like 1

Just now, flamingos said:

That's an awesome place, I'm glad it's still open.

Haven't been there in awhile.  Seems we are always stuck on a ship that does not arrive until noon...or later, as will be the case again next month on Harmony.

Just now, dodgestang said:

Holland House Beach Hotel.....super nice bar/restaurant right on the main boardwalk drag downtown.  Easy to get to from ship (water taxi to downtown).   Shady, breezy and tastey

That has been one of our go to restaurants for years now, but things have changed during our last visit in March.   The normally fantastic tuna bowl, that was always stocked heavily with sushi grade tuna in the past, had only 3 pieces that were tough and stringy,  mostly just rice.  Many wines out of stock.  Prices on everything have gone way up.  DH's sandwich was smaller, and not nearly as good.  

34 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Surprised no one said the Sunset Beach Bar that is down by the Airport in St. Maarten to watch the huge jets come in.

http://sunsetsxm.com/

http://sunsetsxm.com/plane-info/

She said "nice" restaurant...not a beach bar... I too vote for Gladys in St. Thomas...

Edited by rolloman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rolloman said:

She said "nice" restaurant...not a beach bar... I too vote for Gladys in St. Thomas...

Sorry, more concerned with the "food" then the "nice".  Watching the Planes is also an added bonus.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Holland House Beach Hotel.....super nice bar/restaurant right on the main boardwalk drag downtown.  Easy to get to from ship (water taxi to downtown).   Shady, breezy and tastey

Ditto for Holland House. That is our go-to stop in St. Maarten. We eat, drink and stay on the beach there all day. It usually cost just $20-25.00 for 2 chairs, an umbrella and a couple of drinks (beer & water). The beach area is very clean and very comfortable. There are also a bunch of different "Beach" restaurants that you can chose to eat at.

If you're planning on the hike up to Pic Paradis from Loterie Farm, I recall the open-air restaurant at the base was nice.  If you hike in the morning, be sure to snag a lunch reservation when you pay the access fee before you head up the trail.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 7:49 AM, GEORGIEGIRL said:

Ditto for Holland House. That is our go-to stop in St. Maarten. We eat, drink and stay on the beach there all day. It usually cost just $20-25.00 for 2 chairs, an umbrella and a couple of drinks (beer & water). The beach area is very clean and very comfortable. There are also a bunch of different "Beach" restaurants that you can chose to eat at.

thank you...I think we have eaten there before....glad to know they do the chairs too

• 6 months later...
On 8/6/2022 at 2:06 PM, Wahoolio said:

If you're planning on the hike up to Pic Paradis from Loterie Farm, I recall the open-air restaurant at the base was nice.  If you hike in the morning, be sure to snag a lunch reservation when you pay the access fee before you head up the trail.

Sorry to awaken this old thread, but what is your recommendation for transportation to/from Loterie Farm? I'm thinking of going there to hike, but there's no official "excursion" through the cruise line (Carnival, in my situation).