Celebrity Specially Restaurant Discounts

Jimbo59

14 minutes ago, Jimbo59 said:

The last time I sailed on Celebrity (three years ago) they offered discounts on the speciality restaurants while on-board. Does Celebrity still offer discounts?

Depends on the ship.  On our Apex cruise, there were no discounts available.  On Equinox, there was a first night discount of 30% and good discounts on port days.  Times may not suit you though.

Celebrity has come out of covid holding strong on their pricing across the board.  Latest quarterly reports from the 3 major cruise corporations are reporting onboard pp spend up 30% over 2019.  Good for the corporation if they can continue to fill the venues.

Our last cruise there were shortages of crew and the specialty restaurants were not booking to full capacity as they didn't have staff to support a fully booked restaurant.  Eden ran at 50%,

That was April so maybe crew shortages are improving.

We have done 6 X cruises since June 2021 and Never saw any onboard Specialty Dining Discounts offered.

I always book a multi night package pre cruise.

I once won the bean bag toss activity, and the prize was a Deck of Cards and a Free lunch in the Ocean View Cafe!

• Haha 5

We've negotiated discounts for a sizeable group of us, but according to their availability of course. 

Otherwise, I've not seen discounts offered onboard in the 3 post-covid sailings we've been on, aside from the first night. 

It will be interesting to see how they do with their ~50% price increases for specialty dining. 

22 hours ago, D. B. said:

I once won the bean bag toss activity, and the prize was a Deck of Cards and a Free lunch in the Ocean View Cafe!

With bottomless iced tea, I hope!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, D C said:

We've negotiated discounts for a sizeable group of us, but according to their availability of course. 

Otherwise, I've not seen discounts offered onboard in the 3 post-covid sailings we've been on, aside from the first night. 

It will be interesting to see how they do with their ~50% price increases for specialty dining. 

They increased you prices more than mine 😉 the prices we are paying are 18% higher.  Murano went from $50pp to $59pp, Eden from $55 to $64.90

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

They increased you prices more than mine 😉 the prices we are paying are 18% higher.  Murano went from $50pp to $59pp, Eden from $55 to $64.90

Are you counting the gratuity?
On our upcoming Infinity sailing, Tuscan is up to $55pp from $45, plus the 18% gratuity.  About a $20 increase on a $45 meal.  

46 minutes ago, D C said:

On our upcoming Infinity sailing, Tuscan is up to $55pp from $45, plus the 18% gratuity.  About a $20 increase on a $45 meal.  

Our  CP has the price $55 with no additional gratuity.  Actually today there is  a slight discount taking the total with discount and gratuity to $99.98 for 2.

Thats isn’t the 1st night discount price either.

Edited by jelayne
Added

22 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Our  CP has the price $55 with no additional gratuity.  Actually today there is  a slight discount taking the total with discount and gratuity to $99.98 for 2.

Thats isn’t the 1st night discount price either.

Our planner didn't mention the added gratuity until check-out time, and then subtly added it as you would see tax added to an online order.  Like they were hoping we wouldn't notice.  

No way are we paying $130 for a mid-cruise Tuscan dinner, or over $140 for le Petite Chef.  You've gone insane, Celebrity!  

• Thanks 1

That’s interesting, we have 3 cruises on ships with Tuscan and all have the price with gratuity at $55, personally not a big Tuscan fan so will only go if I have OBC and no Murano. 
So how much is  Murano in your CP.  It is $59 with gratuity in ours. 

Edited by jelayne
Added question

16 hours ago, jelayne said:

That’s interesting, we have 3 cruises on ships with Tuscan and all have the price with gratuity at $55, personally not a big Tuscan fan so will only go if I have OBC and no Murano. 
So how much is  Murano in your CP.  It is $59 with gratuity in ours. 

No Murano.  We're on the Infinity. Just Tuscan and le Petite Chef which is $60pp, I believe

18 hours ago, D C said:

Tuscan is $59pp on our upcoming cruise on the Summit. The 1st night discounted rate is $43.48, but that has been sold out for as long as I've been checking. 

Edited by kathynorth

1 hour ago, kathynorth said:

Tuscan is $59pp on our upcoming cruise on the Summit. The 1st night discounted rate is $43.48, but that has been sold out for as long as I've been checking. 

Plus 18%.  That's crazy. 

Just double checked and le Petite Chef is indeed $60 on Infinity in November 

They are offering pre-cruise dining discounts on my Jan. 2023 cruise but when you look at the prices that's because they are raising the regular price on the specialty restaurants. For example, Eden has been $55 on Edge and Apex but they are now pricing it at $60 on Beyond but then offering a  pre-cruise price of $54.99. Le Petit Chef is regularly $55 on Apex but is now regularly priced at $60 on Beyond. They will give you an 8% pre cruise discount to bring the price down to $54.99.  All the prices don't include the 18% gratuity added to the final price.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, barbarapga said:

With the dining package, for passengers traveling together, can one person purchase package for multiple dinners and host the other?

What do you mean by "host"?  Do you mean something like use one of your "punches" for someone else?

19 minutes ago, barbarapga said:

When I travel solo, I purchase the dining package for daily use.

My daughter doesn’t feel the need. Thought I could get package (using X cc & Elite discount).  We could go to specialty and both would be “happy”

Ah.  I do know that you could purchase a package for her if you had her confirmation number (you can "add a guest" when selecting guests on the cruise planner).  That said, I am not aware of any loyalty discount on dining packages.  I know E+ gets a discount on the cover charge for specialty dining, but does that apply to packages?

• 4 months later...