Radiance Post-Cruise Refund (con't)

Carol28

We did not take our Post-Cruise shore excursion because of the reported smoke from fires in Denali and Fairbanks.  I contacted the proper office at RCCL, Robert Egan at Guest Experience.  I was told it would take about a month.  Last week I spoke to someone in the office who said they had to contact the Radiance which would take 3-5 days for a response. I was told they wanted to be sure we did not take the trip.  I called again a week later and was told the Radiance has not responded.

What do I do? How can I contact the Radiance of the Seas? I know that the House Manager and the Suite Concierge are well aware of our cancellation. Our refund could be a credit to our next sailing in November.  

Any help would be appreciated.

33 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

We did not take our Post-Cruise shore excursion because of the reported smoke from fires in Denali and Fairbanks.  I contacted the proper office at RCCL, Robert Egan at Guest Experience.  I was told it would take about a month.  Last week I spoke to someone in the office who said they had to contact the Radiance which would take 3-5 days for a response. I was told they wanted to be sure we did not take the trip.  I called again a week later and was told the Radiance has not responded.

What do I do? How can I contact the Radiance of the Seas? I know that the House Manager and the Suite Concierge are well aware of our cancellation. Our refund could be a credit to our next sailing in November.  

It wouldn't hurt to contact the executive offices at mbayley@rccl.com

Of course Mr. Bayley does not control this account.  It goes to his "team" that handles the issues that are sent to the account.

So there is no need for anyone to jump in and say, "Why are you emailing the CEO?"  "This goes to off-shore minimum wage workers."  Those things are untrue and irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

It wouldn't hurt to contact the executive offices at mbayley@rccl.com

Of course Mr. Bayley does not control this account.  It goes to his "team" that handles the issues that are sent to the account.

So there is no need for anyone to jump in and say, "Why are you emailing the CEO?"  "This goes to off-shore minimum wage workers."  Those things are untrue and irrelevant.

Thank you Merion_Mom. Is there a  list of emails for the executive offices?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Just use the address I posted.  🙂 

I just read all the emails on the website of the Corporate Offices. No one there has gotten a reply  from their inquiries about refunds after months of waiting.

1 hour ago, Carol28 said:

Why would you not e mail the suite concierge aboard the ship.  You would have their e mail address from their pre cruise email to suite guests. 

35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Why would you not e mail the suite concierge aboard the ship.  You would have their e mail address from their pre cruise email to suite guests. 

Great idea.  I just did!

1 hour ago, LindaD22 said:

Did you formally cancel the post-cruise tour before the end of your cruise or simply not show up and instead headed home? Documentation is everything in situations like this. 

We were as formal as we could be. We tried to cancel before we got on the ship by calling RCCL, but that person said their books on this sailing was closed as we were embarking the next day.  I  emailed the concierge the day before the trip. I told the House Manager. We spoke to the concierge on the ship and have paperwork that she forwarded to another staff person. 

4 hours ago, Carol28 said:

I just read all the emails on the website of the Corporate Offices. No one there has gotten a reply  from their inquiries about refunds after months of waiting.

I've gotten responses but wasn't looking for refunds. Had a problem using obc for pre-cruise purchases.  They apologized, fixed the problem and gave me some more obc. Someone is there.

Royal seems to be able to take $$$ from you with no problem instantly. But when it comes to a refund they drag it out as long as possible.

Took me  11 weeks to get a refund of a $500 deposit on a canceled cruise.

Be very patience.

Seems like they should take your word for it if they ship isn't responding. It's not fair to hold you responsible just because the company isn't doing their part on the other end.

In this case, I'd just dispute the charge on my credit card, and show whatever documentation that you have that you canceled the excursion in writing and then let the credit card company know all the different dates you've called and been told that you had to wait for a response from the ship (that will explain why you're disputing the charge so late). 

We received an FCC credit on a cruise because of an onboard issue, and the letter from Guest Services that we received in our cabin said that they had cleared it with Miami and we should see the FCC within 30 days. We waited three weeks and then called RCL customer Service (800-256-6649). Customer Service said they had not received anything from the ship and there was no record of any credit due in their systems. Fortunately, we had the letter from Guest Services and emailed that to them. We got the FCC issued within 5 minutes.

My best guess is that no one from the ship ever communicated with anyone on shore about the OP's issues.

This is the Customer Services Post-Cruise email that we were given to submit the documentation for what it is worth.

web_cruise_comments@rccl.com

Question.  When you decided not to take the trip to Denali, etc, whom did you tell?  I understand your concern about the smoke but the question is how and when did you cancel.  Normally when you cancel a shore excursion to get a refund you must do it 48 hrs in advance.  Of course this wasn't a standard shore excursion but an add on.  If you have the name of the person you spoke with to cancel it would help.

On 8/13/2022 at 1:40 PM, Carol28 said:

Great idea.  I just did!

We were as formal as we could be. We tried to cancel before we got on the ship by calling RCCL, but that person said their books on this sailing was closed as we were embarking the next day.  I  emailed the concierge the day before the trip. I told the House Manager. We spoke to the concierge on the ship and have paperwork that she forwarded to another staff person. 

Thank you! Thank you! The concierge contacted the shore office.  I just called again and after one hour and 11 minutes, the Manilla based agent found the letter from the concierge and issued the refund!  She said it takes 15 - 30 days. I hope I don't have to call back then, but I will if I have to. I did not get a confirmation letter as another person said above.  In any case, thank you for the idea! It worked!

• Like 2

On 8/13/2022 at 5:07 PM, Jimbo said:

Royal seems to be able to take $$$ from you with no problem instantly. But when it comes to a refund they drag it out as long as possible.

Took me  11 weeks to get a refund of a $500 deposit on a canceled cruise.

Be very patience.

Been fortunate myself all but once refunded less then 2wks. When I had to email mbayley@rccl.com couple months ago with 4 issues on a Saturday nite, by Monday had a response and all fixed or refunded in less then a wk. And these were not all easy issues. Know some was not the norm and just Luck...

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Been fortunate myself all but once refunded less then 2wks. When I had to email mbayley@rccl.com couple months ago with 4 issues on a Saturday nite, by Monday had a response and all fixed or refunded in less then a wk. And these were not all easy issues. Know some was not the norm and just Luck...

Just going by my experience, I had my agent, Bayley and his Executive email address tagged in every email I sent, still took 11 weeks. First screw up was they sent me FCC, when I asked for a full refund about 10 times.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just going by my experience, I had my agent, Bayley and his Executive email address tagged in every email I sent, still took 11 weeks. First screw up was they sent me FCC, when I asked for a full refund about 10 times.

Bummer, Sorry. One my multiple issues was a FCC from 2019 lost transferring to 3-4 later canceled Cruises, got that back in 2 days after Email this along combined bunch my other ones. She asked if I'd like that and apply them/pay off my Fall Cruises for me, Ah yes! Then Booked a Cruise after CWC and asked if was any way get a FCC, they Refunded it! That $$$ hit my acct in couple days

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Carol28 said:

Thank you! Thank you! The concierge contacted the shore office.  I just called again and after one hour and 11 minutes, the Manilla based agent found the letter from the concierge and issued the refund!  She said it takes 15 - 30 days. I hope I don't have to call back then, but I will if I have to. I did not get a confirmation letter as another person said above.  In any case, thank you for the idea! It worked!

Great to hear that it worked out. 

AND WE JUST RECEIVED OUR MONEY IN OUR AMEX ACCOUNT!  It only took 40 days with a lot of phone time to the Guest Experience team and several two emails to my ship's concierge which helped tremendously. Thank you for all your ideas.