“LIVE” from Allure 8/20, Girls trip to the Southern Carib 🤗

21 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Someone asked about the wipe out cafe breakfast options, so here’s the full view….

B6AF1A6A-D998-4F77-9567-79857AE9DBD7.thumb.jpeg.bee45459f963881be68dd7b9ea0612bd.jpeg

9758279B-2495-4ACE-9352-3527471F2CAF.thumb.jpeg.9e407297e48060afa63aac046eef0392.jpeg

27F0069E-F8D1-4BED-9C29-0C177D733B54.thumb.jpeg.071cf9818c2d6f74149d25203799fc48.jpeg

44ACC707-9618-4307-A65C-5919F418ECCF.thumb.jpeg.c433a622a4ef7e05653cec9342b4c31d.jpeg

the young girls advised against this breakfast muffin. Said it was horribly dry and tasted like sand 🤢

F359DDD6-1525-4D75-B9CE-4D52D810535E.thumb.jpeg.9c4b5696e2c0b53573133ff18c87f65d.jpeg

There’s also a Frozen yogurt and freestyle machine here 

01A45806-D2C9-45F4-BC30-F2493CBE4E53.thumb.jpeg.e0e7ff6a5f318d81d47c5d56c8bb6990.jpeg

I was the one who asked.  Thank you!  I am actually looking forward to made to order omelets!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, niksmom630 said:

what we got……

That is so disappointing.  You should show those two pictures to the restaurant manager.

what I got …….sorry if I’ve ruined any appetites this morning ….. I couldn’t even eat this 🤢 

I love Branzino but I don't think I would even eat that. Doesn't even looked fully cooked. I'm so sorry.

• Like 1

The whole experience just wasn’t great. 😐 

first we got the bread….. then 10 minutes later, the oil and Balsamic, then another 5 minutes before he brought the Parmesan… 

our waiter seemed frantic and rushed. When Nicole asked for his recommendation on the pasta dishes, he recommended the linguini and clams. 

she said “ok, anything other than the one with clams” 

his response “I don’t like pasta, but anything you choose will be good.” 

wonder who thought it was a good idea to assign this guy to the Italian eatery? 🤷🏼‍♀️

ooooookayyyy….. then she asked for an espresso  martini…. He said “ok, but just so you know it’s going to take a long time because I have to go to two different places” 

so she says, “  oh ok, that’s ok, I don’t need one” 

I think he regretted his statement, because then he hurried away mumbling that he would get it. 

so, it’s a Thumbs down on Giovanni’s from me  👎 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Last nights dinner was at Giovanni’s….kind of a disappointment….😕 but to be fair, I think I confused the menus and expected Jamie’s Italian….husband doesn’t care much for Italian, so usually theses restaurants are out for us when we cruise. And, I didn’t check the menu when I booked the dining package…. Went off memory, which in this situation did not serve me well! 🤦🏼‍♀️

the plank….. what I was expecting ……

C9B6773A-5384-49CC-950A-81DB1EC60576.thumb.jpeg.54014a37afc6938505097dffe3c69869.jpeg

what we got……

DF6874B2-5593-46A4-A002-A33F1D009463.thumb.jpeg.03c17c9f755adcd9a94c50ef482c0bdf.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up.  Our group has experienced Jamie’s a couple of times but not Giovanni’s.   We were thinking of skipping it but after getting the UDP we thought maybe.  One of my pluses for trying Giovanni’s was the plank which I enjoyed at Jamie's.   Looks like that is not a plan anymore.   I will share this experience with the gang and maybe I can get them to do 150 CP twice.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

can you tell I’m #TEAM Wipeoutcafe, all the way? 

OK #TEAM Wipeoutcafe, let me ask a couple questions since you almost have me convinced to try breakfast there.  What is the weather like while eating breakfast and the DW likes cereal for breakfast, have you noticed any available at Wipeout?

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

@niksmom630 Always enjoy your upfront and honest reviews of your cruises.

Keep it up please. Rather be well informed before sailing on a ship then get unpleasant surprises.

Thanks

thanks for the compliment!  😊 I try for a balanced approach in my reviews. No vacation is 100% perfect obviously — but I try to find something positive to say even if I’m feeling pretty salty 😜 Sometimes I think I’ve reviewed and photographed these ships so often I won’t have anything worthy to report about! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Our group has experienced Jamie’s a couple of times but not Giovanni’s.   We were thinking of skipping it but after getting the UDP we thought maybe.  One of my pluses for trying Giovanni’s was the plank which I enjoyed at Jamie's.   Looks like that is not a plan anymore.   I will share this experience with the gang and maybe I can get them to do 150 CP twice.

excellent choice. In fact, as we were leaving Giovanni’s and walking thru CP, I was wishing we had. 

I do want to give Jamie’s a try someday, apparently the home of the REAL  plank 😆

2 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

Sometimes I think I’ve reviewed and photographed these ships so often I won’t have anything worthy to report about! 

Although I have been on Allure before it's been awhile so your review has given me a heads up on a few things.  I would bet there are many who are boarding in the next few months that are benefiting from your review so thanks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

OK #TEAM Wipeoutcafe, let me ask a couple questions since you almost have me convinced to try breakfast there.  What is the weather like while eating breakfast and the DW likes cereal for breakfast, have you noticed any available at Wipeout?

Very comfortable , nice breezes. But no cereal besides oatmeal . Perhaps you can convince DW   To grab a box from the windjammer and join you, since it’s only a flight of stairs and short stroll away. 😉

• Thanks 1

What a joy you are... I'm forwarding this so my wife can read.. I'm the cruiseaholic and she's the one that would rather just sit on a beach and do nothing.  Thank you.. we'll be on this ship come October with the same itinerary, just in different order.

The Solarium pool gets a bad wrap for its size, and rightly so, but when it’s hotter than Hades and you need to cool off you won’t care how many people are in there …..

whatever you do, don’t make the mistake I did and walk across the solarium barefoot…🔥👣

D768234C-BDE3-4793-B778-7873B273275F.thumb.jpeg.d2230d0e9585f05215ac377e3cef10c3.jpeg

there’s a reason you see all these shoes on the side of the pool. I’m sure someone’s  posted a you tube video of me hopping across the floor like there was an imaginary “twister”  game mat, trying to find a spot that was shaded or wet. 🥵

While it is tiny, the misters or sprinklers they have on symphony and harmony were a bad choice in my opinion….

The  sign says max capacity is 32, but not like anyone would pay attention or the lifeguards were counting heads….

Now that I think about it…. There was no lifeguard 🤦🏼‍♀️ Yet I know I’ve seen one here before and thought it was odd since the water is 4 feet and no children are allowed in the solarium….

• Like 1

I do want to give Jamie’s a try someday, apparently the home of the REAL  plank 😆

I looked up our plank from Symphony last October.   I liked it.  I didn't really care for the rest.  The others enjoyed Jamie's on Symphony but not as much on Harmony.   That is why we were considering skipping Giovanni’s  

image.thumb.png.81510670d338efb58b1b2e360dfffad8.png

Thanks for the suggestion on DW grabbing cereal from the Windjammer. Adding another note to the list.  

That Solarium pool looks way to crowded for me.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, zdarkiri said:

What a joy you are... I'm forwarding this so my wife can read.. I'm the cruiseaholic and she's the one that would rather just sit on a beach and do nothing.  Thank you.. we'll be on this ship come October with the same itinerary, just in different order.

Haha! Thank you!  Enjoy- there are lots of things to like about this ship and itinerary 😊

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

The Solarium pool gets a bad wrap for its size, and rightly so, but when it’s hotter than Hades and you need to cool off you won’t care how many people are in there …..

whatever you do, don’t make the mistake I did and walk across the solarium barefoot…🔥👣

D768234C-BDE3-4793-B778-7873B273275F.thumb.jpeg.d2230d0e9585f05215ac377e3cef10c3.jpeg

there’s a reason you see all these shoes on the side of the pool. I’m sure someone’s  posted a you tube video of me hopping across the floor like there was an imaginary “twister”  game mat, trying to find a spot that was shaded or wet. 🥵

While it is tiny, the misters or sprinklers they have on symphony and harmony were a bad choice in my opinion….

The  sign says max capacity is 32, but not like anyone would pay attention or the lifeguards were counting heads….

Now that I think about it…. There was no lifeguard 🤦🏼‍♀️ Yet I know I’ve seen one here before and thought it was odd since the water is 4 feet and no children are allowed in the solarium….

Wow! i love the Solarium , very beautiful area of the 

ship, but one too many people in the spa for this cruise.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed your review. Sorry to see your time almost winding down this week. But that makes me one more week closer to getting on Allure myself. 🙂  Thanks for the Heads up on breakfast at the wipeout. We are staying on deck 6 so Johnny Rockets will probably get our breakfast business most mornings. But it is nice to know there are other options to avoid the madhouse that is Windjammer. 

• Like 2

Looks like someone just said "pass the bar of soap"...........Would never go in that  pool with that many people. Might be better off  to use one of the showers nearby  to cool off then go in that pool with all those people.

That's just disgusting!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

excellent choice. In fact, as we were leaving Giovanni’s and walking thru CP, I was wishing we had. 

Did any of y'all get the tenderloin at Giovanni's? In the past I preferred theirs to Chops.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That is so disappointing.  You should show those two pictures to the restaurant manager.

Have to disagree. The 'Plank is unique to Jamie's, this seems appropriate. 

Screenshot_20220827-161213_Royal.thumb.jpg.9d364274171fe59d28db71465d82c7f3.jpg

Vs 

Screenshot_20220827-161310_Royal.thumb.jpg.ee0662119577f23cf5a262c098cc807f.jpg

And regardless, I prefer Giovanni's to Jamie's anyway

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Have to disagree. The 'Plank is unique to Jamie's, this seems appropriate. 

I stand corrected I looked up my pictures and got the two restaurants confused. My bad, sorry.

• Like 1

By my rough count...39 in the water with one more who looks like she's about to get in.

Todays pool competition featured the ladies…..

cannonballs 😂

I don't think I've ever seen a ladies competition.  Occasionally a woman who joins the guys in the bellyflop competition, but never anything dedicated to the women.