What is the most effective way to get a move up

Caroldoll

@CaroldollHere is one additional thought.   Call the retreat phone number 1-877-RETREAT and ask for the concierge for the Summit, if not available request a call back.

Then speak to the concierge and explain that you are looking to upgrade to RS or PH or whatever your acceptable room type would be and ask to be contacted if one becomes available.

It can't hurt.    I believe there is a time between when MoveUp is closed around 2 days prior to sailing and embarkation where there is a real possibility of cancellations due to covid testing for this cruise.

Edited by wrk2cruise

@Caroldoll Should also post on the Roll Call for this specific sailing asking that if anyone in the desired room type finds they have to cancel to contact OP giving an email address.  Then I'm sure the OP's TA could coordinate the OP taking over the cabin.

Sept 11 Roll Call

• Like 2

On 8/19/2022 at 11:15 PM, Northern Aurora said:

So what size bed do you use at home?  And as @chemmo has noted the sofas in Sky Suites are fold out beds.

not all of them are.. I booked one for my two older daughters and myself for father/Daughter trip on the Apex they got the Bed i got the Couch it did not pull out it was a couch with a pillow added at one end and a sheet and a blanket . and It was not the best sleeping couch 🙂

12 hours ago, JFontaine said:

I would call the Special Needs department and explain your situation.   If they can  arrange for a rollaway bed, would that suit your needs?   

Would rather have one cabin.  Thanks for the thought.  The ship supposedly is sold out.

38 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

Would rather have one cabin.  Thanks for the thought.  The ship supposedly is sold out.

Did you even read what she said??

She said:

'I would call the Special Needs department and explain your situation.   If they can  arrange for a rollaway bed, would that suit your needs?'

What does that have to do with another cabin?

People are really trying to help you here...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2022 at 5:58 PM, JFontaine said:

In another thread she said she's leaving in a month and her husband is 6'7". 

To the original poster, the way I got the Penthouse on the Summit was I kept checking to see if one became available,  sometimes 5 times a day, sometimes more.  And then I grabbed it. It took 2 months. The other Penthouse became available the day before the cruise. Since you are already booked it's a bit more complicated,  but it means checking very frequently. And getting lucky.  While I was hunting for the Penthouse I'd notice other suites become available,  but they didn't last. 

If you don't get the upgrade before the cruise, check when you board. And the ship might give you a rollaway bed for use in your suite. I know they have them. 

Good luck to you. 

I know, everyone has been so helpful.  I have tried almost everything and I am calling the concierge at The Retreat later today.  So far they have had me put 1800 down on each cabin class I am waitlisted on.  I have never heard of that--and I am experienced on Celebrity, but not for the past few years (Elite).  I wonder if they will give all those 1800's back!  LOL. I hope so.  All of you have been so kind.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Caroldoll said:

I know, everyone has been so helpful.  I have tried almost everything and I am calling the concierge at The Retreat later today.  So far they have had me put 1800 down on each cabin class I am waitlisted on.  I have never heard of that--and I am experienced on Celebrity, but not for the past few years (Elite).  I wonder if they will give all those 1800's back!  LOL. I hope so.  All of you have been so kind.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Yes, if your waitlist is not successful, they will return your deposit.  I assume this is via your TA?  I am a little surprised that since you have a current booking in a Sky Suite that you were required to put down an additional deposit for a Celebrity, RS, and PH.  Perhaps this is a way to increase the probability of getting priority on the waitlist?

Good luck.

58 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I am a little surprised that since you have a current booking in a Sky Suite that you were required to put down an additional deposit for a Celebrity, RS, and PH.

Upper suites have a double $ deposit requirement, though $1800 seems off.

30 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

I totally agree.  

Nope.  I just checked ours.  It's $1800 for upper suites, $900 for SS (we have one of each booked for our next cruise).  Guess I'd forgotten how much it was - it's been since last year.  What I don't understand is why they asked for $1800 more than once.  It's not like you're going to be sailing in multiple cabins.

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, canderson said:

Nope.  I just checked ours.  It's $1800 for upper suites, $900 for SS (we have one of each booked for our next cruise).  Guess I'd forgotten how much it was - it's been since last year.  What I don't understand is why they asked for $1800 more than once.  It's not like you're going to be sailing in multiple cabins.

I have an RS booked for March on Millie. My original reservation summary says I deposited $500. I've since made 2 additional $500 payments to take advantage of Amex offers. I'm still not $1800 in though. Go figure.

6 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I have an RS booked for March on Millie. My original reservation summary says I deposited $500. I've since made 2 additional $500 payments to take advantage of Amex offers. I'm still not $1800 in though. Go figure.

There are low cost  deposit promotions now and then. Maybe you booked during one of those?

46 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Well, this is easy.  Bid the max and you will get it, no questions asked. 

Not if the upper suites are fully booked, which has been happening on a lot of itineraries.  And anyone else bidding the max with a higher Captain's Club status will get a small % boost, breaking any ties.

On 8/21/2022 at 4:24 AM, Caroldoll said:

You are a doll.  I booked at the last minute and that was all that was available.  I went on Move Up and slid that little bar to the top.  I have told my agent!  It is the one cruise I really want.  It is September 21.  I tried another company and they said everything is sold.  We have always had the largest suite, even on Celebrity.  Maybe the stars will be with me.  Are you still cruising?  We are just fine!  Moved to Arizona.  Could NOT stand the Governor of CA and more.  Like being in a very expensive jail!  LOL, you know how big Joe is!!!!   I will use the floor if I have to.  Just thinking someone on here might be thinking of cancelling--I would make up their penalty if that would help!  Good to hear from you.

Wow, I did not know you are in AZ. Guess what...We moved to Idaho 😉  I was going to send you a note because I am going to see my Grandson in OC in Dec. and have Balboa Bay Club booked while there.

We have not been cruising, however, we had a large credit with Celebrity and will use it on a cruise next November. Too busy remodeling..story of my life,

Good luck on your larger suite endeavor. I think it will happen. It is amazing how things open up after final payment. xoxo

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Wow, I did not know you are in AZ. Guess what...We moved to Idaho 😉  I was going to send you a note because I am going to see my Grandson in OC in Dec. and have Balboa Bay Club booked while there.

We have not been cruising, however, we had a large credit with Celebrity and will use it on a cruise next November. Too busy remodeling..story of my life,

Good luck on your larger suite endeavor. I think it will happen. It is amazing how things open up after final payment. xoxo

Glad I told you!  We are in Prescott and love it.  Where do you think you will go next year.  I called Celebrity this morning and I am the only one on waitlist, so it only takes one to cancel.  They had me put $1800 up for each category I waitlisted, but as I said, I would do anything.  I don't wish anyone any ill fate, but praying that something comes through.  Have another friend who moved to Idaho and loves it.  Too cold for me--but you ski!  Hope to see you soon.

34 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

Glad I told you!  We are in Prescott and love it.  Where do you think you will go next year.  I called Celebrity this morning and I am the only one on waitlist, so it only takes one to cancel.  They had me put $1800 up for each category I waitlisted, but as I said, I would do anything.  I don't wish anyone any ill fate, but praying that something comes through.  Have another friend who moved to Idaho and loves it.  Too cold for me--but you ski!  Hope to see you soon.

Our cruise is only to the Caribbean and flying overseas is just too long now. We are on Lake Coeur d'Alene and love it. Now with no ski home, we will travel to ski and just booked a ski trip a month starting in Dec. We have a new boat and enjoying living on the lake again. Idaho is like living on a different planet 😉 

Anyway, back to your dilemma...keep everyone updated on what transpires.

O.K.  Dion, my son, formerly lived in Sand Point.  It is beautiful up there, but I am from Hawaii and snow doesn't work
!  LOL.

Glad you are enjoying life.  We are too.  We bought well here, and Dion takes care of everything.  Bigger property than I would have ever done in Cali, but here everything is so different.  No extremes and no beautifully manicured lawns.  We love seeing the animals--traded boats for animals!  Talk soon.

Oh, forgot, no extreme weather.  Not hot like down near 
Scottsdale, and in the winter, the snow is a fleeting moment.

• Like 1