What is the most effective way to get a move up

Caroldoll

12 hours ago, Caroldoll said:

I am willing to pay ANYTHING.  I am not sure my agent is making an effort.  What is the very best way to get this accomplished.  I will take any suite above a Sky Suite.  I will pay any money.

So call and pay to move up?  Why wait on phantom bids to get a suite you don't even know the location of (if it happens at all).  If you're willing to pay, which it sounds like you are, pick your room and get it invoiced now.  Why did you book your current cabin if you are so despeate to move?  My only other suggestion is to try to see what is available around final payment dates as some may cancel around that time 

What am I missing? 

Edited by LMaxwell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If all of the suites are already booked,  how do you expect to get one? They can't exactly pull more out of thin air. Move ups or paid upgrades can only happen if there is availability. Not everything is fixable by throwing money at it. Although, having looked at your posts in recent days that seems to be your MO for this cruise. I cannot fathom booking a cabin that you KNEW was unsuitable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Isn't the "king" bed on Summit just two singles moved together?  Same size bed in Sky suites or any premium suite?  Or am I mistaken?

That has been my experience.  No difference whatsoever in bed size between Celebrity Suite and Sky Suite.  Perhaps the OP is looking for two bedrooms?  In that case, a pull out in the Sky Suite would probably meet her needs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zigster said:

Is your date 12/19?  Summit is in Miami in December, not Boston.

In addition there is no Celebrity ship embarking, disembarking, or calling on Boston during December 2022.  Does the OP know which cruise line, ship, month, or year she has booked?

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

Not in December.

This thread is very confusing.  The Summit repositions from Boston to Miami on October 15 so any Boston-Boston cruise has too be sooner than that.  There are only two Boston-Boston cruises that are available right now.  The dates are August 31 and September 21. There are two other dates (9/11 and 10/3) but those are completely sold out.

Edited by actuarian

18 hours ago, Caroldoll said:

None were available. I booked last minute. Hoping someone is cancelling. I have a sky suite but my husband is so large I may have to find somewhere to sleep. Bed too small. I am willing to pay anything for an upgradr

The beds are 36 inches wide. They can be arranged seperately or joined together to make a bed 72 inches wide which is ony 6 inches narrower than a king. Won't this work!!!! 

In another thread she said she's leaving in a month and her husband is 6'7". 

To the original poster, the way I got the Penthouse on the Summit was I kept checking to see if one became available,  sometimes 5 times a day, sometimes more.  And then I grabbed it. It took 2 months. The other Penthouse became available the day before the cruise. Since you are already booked it's a bit more complicated,  but it means checking very frequently. And getting lucky.  While I was hunting for the Penthouse I'd notice other suites become available,  but they didn't last. 

If you don't get the upgrade before the cruise, check when you board. And the ship might give you a rollaway bed for use in your suite. I know they have them. 

Good luck to you. 

• Like 2

The OP recognizes that she can’t do what needs to be done in order to cruise and has hired someone to help with technology, and also arranged for hiring a Nurse to perform the needed tests.   It is apparently not her first cruise, but perhaps first since the start up. In any case, you can tell that anxiety has set in.  I feel for her, since I know people for whom anxiety easily accelerates into panic.  I hope she will read all of the responses to all of her threads, and be able to act on them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Hi Carol,  It has been a long time 🙂

I upgraded to the PH on an Asia cruise.  Instead of using the Move-Up,  I kept watching the prices on this suite.. It kept dropping closer to final payment and I just paid what they were asking. However, it all depends on availability and when final payment is due. That is the key.

I hope you two are doing well. xo

You are a doll.  I booked at the last minute and that was all that was available.  I went on Move Up and slid that little bar to the top.  I have told my agent!  It is the one cruise I really want.  It is September 21.  I tried another company and they said everything is sold.  We have always had the largest suite, even on Celebrity.  Maybe the stars will be with me.  Are you still cruising?  We are just fine!  Moved to Arizona.  Could NOT stand the Governor of CA and more.  Like being in a very expensive jail!  LOL, you know how big Joe is!!!!   I will use the floor if I have to.  Just thinking someone on here might be thinking of cancelling--I would make up their penalty if that would help!  Good to hear from you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

There are four Boston round trips. August 31, September 11, September 21, and October 3. The September 21 and October 3 are currently showing sold out.

September 21.  I don't know where to check!!

10 hours ago, JFontaine said:

To the original poster, the way I got the Penthouse on the Summit was I kept checking to see if one became available,  sometimes 5 times a day, sometimes more.  And then I grabbed it. It took 2 months. The other Penthouse became available the day before the cruise. Since you are already booked it's a bit more complicated,  but it means checking very frequently. And getting lucky.  While I was hunting for the Penthouse I'd notice other suites become available,  but they didn't last. 

If you don't get the upgrade before the cruise, check when you board. And the ship might give you a rollaway bed for use in your suite. I know they have them. 

Good luck to you. 

Where do I check

11 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

The beds are 36 inches wide. They can be arranged seperately or joined together to make a bed 72 inches wide which is ony 6 inches narrower than a king. Won't this work!!!! 

Probably not.

22 hours ago, miched said:

Book a different sailing  if that one isn’t one that you really need  to sail on.   There have been times when I have looked to book a cruise and the category I am interested in has no availability and it says to try a different sailing.  

depending on how far out your cruise is some will cancel when final payment is due and occasionally as the cruise date approaches.   Keep checking on line and don’t trust your agent.   If something does open put a hold on it and then contact your agent to make the changes 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Where do I check?  Thanks

9 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

The OP recognizes that she can’t do what needs to be done in order to cruise and has hired someone to help with technology, and also arranged for hiring a Nurse to perform the needed tests.   It is apparently not her first cruise, but perhaps first since the start up. In any case, you can tell that anxiety has set in.  I feel for her, since I know people for whom anxiety easily accelerates into panic.  I hope she will read all of the responses to all of her threads, and be able to act on them.

Correct!  Complete panic!

10 hours ago, JFontaine said:

Good luck to you. 

Where did you check?

On 8/19/2022 at 11:55 PM, Caroldoll said:

I am willing to pay ANYTHING.  I am not sure my agent is making an effort.  What is the very best way to get this accomplished.  I will take any suite above a Sky Suite.  I will pay any money.

If you are willing to pay any amount MOVE UP is not for you.

You can book any cabin you like when you make you cabin.

If Celebrity is not for you perhaps you can look at other cruise lines.

Edited by verizon