When is Solstice revitalization rescheduled??

BoneDoc

There are 5 ships that had the revolutionizing indefinitely put on hold.  No date to start the process has been announced.  Until ships are consistently sailing near capacity and some of the debt taken on during the pandemic is satisfied I don’t expect to see the revolutionizing of the ships starting.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BoneDoc said:

Booked on Hawaii to Vancouver April 2024, last I heard it was delayed due to Covid.

We are booked on that same cruise into an Aqua Sky Suite.  The cabin is currently a Sky Suite.  Per CruiseDeckPlans.com, it shows the cabin changing from SS to Aqua SS as of May 3, 2023. Since X allowed me to book an Aqua SS (which are not currently available) and not a SS that was also available at the time of my booking, then I assume there will be some improvements to the cabin at some point around this date to convert it to Aqua SS.  There is a note on this site that says 'Next drydock planned for Jan 2023. Celebrity will be changing category codes for this ship.'  So it seems some upgrades are happening Jan 2023 but perhaps not the full 'revolutionization'.

Edited by _Rick_
spelling
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Honestly, I would prefer that Celebrity keep some ships in their traditional fashion with maybe just a refresh and updates here and there.  The thought of every ship eventually being Edge-i-fied makes me sad.

You and me both in some regards!  At the same time, there are positive things about the changes, especially for M class ships.  Better buffet stations, better televisions.  I just wish when they revolutionized they would consider putting in more comfortable furniture inside and on the balconies!  Not to mention in Michael's club.  

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Honestly, I would prefer that Celebrity keep some ships in their traditional fashion with maybe just a refresh and updates here and there.  The thought of every ship eventually being Edge-i-fied makes me sad.

I couldn't disagree more. The revolutionized M class ships are spectacular, especially the staterooms. I'm willing to go to the mat and say gutting those cabins down to the wall studs was the best money any cruise line has ever spent on a refurb.

We're sailing on the Infinity next year and are already trying to prep ourselves mentally for the major downgrade.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 1:36 AM, jelayne said:

Until ships are consistently sailing near capacity and some of the debt taken on during the pandemic is satisfied I don’t expect to see the revolutionizing of the ships starting.

With the level of debt carried by RCL and rising interest rates, any return to profitability is unlikely for many years and servicing of debt will be problematical.

7 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

With the level of debt carried by RCL and rising interest rates, any return to profitability is unlikely for many years and servicing of debt will be problematical.

"Many years"???

Not that I think they'll be spending money for the "Revolution" any time soon, but I believe that RCL is still projecting Q3 2022 to be a profitable quarter.  Future bookings are way up, along with prices.

1 hour ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

I couldn't disagree more. The revolutionized M class ships are spectacular, especially the staterooms. I'm willing to go to the mat and say gutting those cabins down to the wall studs was the best money any cruise line has ever spent on a refurb.

We're sailing on the Infinity next year and are already trying to prep ourselves mentally for the major downgrade.

That's exactly my point 🙂!  Some people love the revolutionized ships and others (like me) prefer the S class ships just the way they are, with standard refresh every so often.    I would love to see Celebrity keep a variety in their fleet so that all of us can continue to enjoy what we love about Celebrity. 

1 hour ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Which M class ships were totally redone?  Does anyone know? TIA. 

50 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

I believe Millennium and Summit.

I was on the Summit right before and after being Revolutionized…I preferred after…

Have to say, I couldn't agree more on the revolutionized M class ships.  They are very nice.  We were supposed to be on Connie after her revolution for a Panama Canal Cruise.  The revolution never happened of course, but then, neither did our PC cruise.  If I were to rebook, it would be on a revolutionized M class ship or not at all.

2 hours ago, canderson said:

I believe that RCL is still projecting Q3 2022 to be a profitable quarter.  Future bookings are way up, along with prices.

Prediction is possible only in a world in which events are preordained and no amount of action in the present can influence future outcomes. Think about it, debts of around $26 billion, every 1% of interest rate rises costs additional $230 million to service interest alone plus increased fuel and food costs. Not a pretty picture.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigAl94 said:

Prediction is possible only in a world in which events are preordained and no amount of action in the present can influence future outcomes. Think about it, debts of around $26 billion, every 1% of interest rate rises costs additional $230 million to service interest alone plus increased fuel and food costs. Not a pretty picture.

Guess you'll want to be talking to the SEC about RCL's most recent Q-10 filing.

• Haha 1

Be careful what you wish for.  We got new chairs on Equinox.  Foot rests were taken away and the larger table was replaced with a mini table.  So if you want to dine in your room, now plan on  your bed or sofa.

I predict RCL's present action of dropping vax and testing will have future impact in the form of increased bookings.

5 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I predict RCL's present action of dropping vax and testing will have future impact in the form of increased bookings.

Many itineraries were already sold out before that change was announced, so if anything, this will be icing on the cake, so to speak.  RCL made it very clear in their last conference call and filing what their load factors looked like for Q4 2022 and FY 2023, and that side of the business is looking very good indeed.  Increased costs are real, but so are the increases in fares being charged for cabins. 

• Like 1

Here's a fresh (today) article that may be instructive:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4536251-royal-caribbean-stock-smooth-sailing-ahead-despite-macroeconomic-debt-fears

13 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Not at all instructive, it's a personal opinion of an RCL investor full of flaws and out of date.

Guess you'll have to take up the veracity of RCL's latest 10-Q (not a month old yet) with the Securities & Exchange Commission.

https://app.quotemedia.com/data/downloadFiling?webmasterId=101533&ref=116852278&type=HTML&symbol=RCL&companyName=Royal+Caribbean+Group&formType=10-Q&dateFiled=2022-07-29&CK=884887