Just off Rotterdam / Drink Packages Inclusions

mattduke1

7 minutes ago, High Flyer said:

Keep up the good work......🙂

🥂 🍷

Thank you for the encouragement.  I will read it again later if the will power starts to wilt!

(DW says you should not be encouraging me, as I can do ok by myself 😉)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 9:26 AM, pedirn said:

That is what they say but I can tell you I had a bad reaction to Belvedere.  After that wouldn’t try anything else.  Plus we went out to dinner one night and I know by the way I reacted they did not give me Titos.    Couldn’t have been anything else as all I had was a salad, steak and bake potato.   Everyone is different on what they react to.  

If you have a reaction to certain alcohol can you purchase a bottle of the alcohol that works for you and have your drinks made with it?  I am assuming you cannot bring anything but wine when boarding.  I would rather pay the price of an unopened bottle that my body likes than take a chance.   Good info on this thread.  Cherie 

52 minutes ago, cccole said:

If you have a reaction to certain alcohol can you purchase a bottle of the alcohol that works for you and have your drinks made with it?  I am assuming you cannot bring anything but wine when boarding.  I would rather pay the price of an unopened bottle that my body likes than take a chance.   Good info on this thread.  Cherie 

You can purchase a bottle FOR your cabin. The Vodkas on the list are

Absolut
Belvedere
Chopin
Grey Goose 
New Amsterdam
Smirnoff
Stolichnaya
Tito's

You are only supposed to drink "room" spirits, in the room. Certainly people are guilty of making a drink in sippy cups and taking to the show. Taking the entire bottle to the bar or restaurant to ensure your order is make with the brand you want, is not allowed.

I would suggest just *emphasizing* that your drink MUST be made with Tito's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

You can purchase a bottle FOR your cabin. The Vodkas on the list are

Absolut
Belvedere
Chopin
Grey Goose 
New Amsterdam
Smirnoff
Stolichnaya
Tito's

You are only supposed to drink "room" spirits, in the room. Certainly people are guilty of making a drink in sippy cups and taking to the show. Taking the entire bottle to the bar or restaurant to ensure your order is make with the brand you want, is not allowed.

I would suggest just *emphasizing* that your drink MUST be made with Tito's.

Love that, sippy cups.  Puts a smile on my face 😛.

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2022 at 6:41 PM, pedirn said:

Well now I have a problem.  Usually drink Titos but not listed under vodkas.   Non of those listed are gluten free.   Will have to look at other options.

Ask your travel agent. I only drink diet tonic with my gin, and my TA always asks HAL to have diet tonic in the crow's nest. They had if for the three 80+ day cruises I took after she asked.

• Like 1

Notes bar on the rotterdam has a great selection of scotch & bourbon.  However, the bartender/expert there says that there's 6 or so drinks that's under $11 & are covered by the HIA drink package. But if you want a higher priced drink, for example at $15, then it's not covered, you will be charged the entire $15, & not just the $4 difference.  That doesn't make any sense. Can someone pls confirm, otherwise, I'll just order from the other bars...

10 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Notes bar on the rotterdam has a great selection of scotch & bourbon.  However, the bartender/expert there says that there's 6 or so drinks that's under $11 & are covered by the HIA drink package. But if you want a higher priced drink, for example at $15, then it's not covered, you will be charged the entire $15, & not just the $4 difference.  That doesn't make any sense. Can someone pls confirm, otherwise, I'll just order from the other bars...

All bars and restaurants charge the full price for beverages over the price included in your package. The only exception has been on the Westerdam this summer when HAL ran a test by charging only the difference plus gratuity. Only time will tell if that becomes the standard.

On 8/23/2022 at 8:31 PM, mattduke1 said:

We were on Deck 6.  The aft-wrap cabins are the only ones we book, so we're quite used to them.  Yes, you do feel motion back there.  We did have one night out in the North Sea where it got pretty rocky, but for the rest of the time, no bother at all.  Many times it's also noisy/vibrating back there when pulling into ports while the ship is docking.  But, for this particular cruise, that wasn't an issue at all except for when we were docking back at Rotterdam to end the cruise.

Deck 4 has a super wide side section but don't forget it also has the wiper contraption that kind of just is "in the way".  It's also not covered, so if raining, not good.

mattduke1 - Please tell me, what is a wiper contraption??  We will be in 4182 in a few weeks and  love love love aft corners but not sure what the wiper contraption is.  Maybe that's the reason it was available!

5 minutes ago, MacBraces said:

mattduke1 - Please tell me, what is a wiper contraption??  We will be in 4182 in a few weeks and  love love love aft corners but not sure what the wiper contraption is.  Maybe that's the reason it was available!

It's a device attached to the outside of the ship for window washing and other work.

8 minutes ago, MacBraces said:

Here is a link to a review of this cabin on Nieuw Statendam (sister ship) and you can see pictures of the window cleaning thing that is parked on the outer part of the balcony.  

https://desertgirlsatsea.home.blog/2019/07/21/nieuw-statendam-neptune-suite-aft-wrap-around-balcony-4211/

I don’t think it’s a big deal.  I have 4182 next July on Rotterdam so I would really appreciate any pictures that you would provide both of the cabin and balcony.  Happy sailing!

Kathy 

Edited by Skicruiser55

6 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

All bars and restaurants charge the full price for beverages over the price included in your package. The only exception has been on the Westerdam this summer when HAL ran a test by charging only the difference plus gratuity. Only time will tell if that becomes the standard.

Also, a drink over the respective $11 or $15 drink package limit won't just cost you the full price of the drink, it also will come with an automatic 18% gratuity added.  So someone with the Signature Beverage package ($11 limit) who orders a $15 drink will be billed $17.70.