Water pik in the bathroom? Sonicare? Reflection

zitsky

Maybe I know the answer.  Is the razor electrical outlet strong enough for a water pik type device?  I guess not?  We have a portable device that we travel with.  It doesn’t seem as good.  We charge the portable with a USB charger.

What about for charging a Sonicare toothbrush? Is the outlet pretty high or sink level?

Edited by zitsky

• zitsky changed the title to Water pik in the bathroom? Sonicare? Reflection
29 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Maybe I know the answer.  Is the razor electrical outlet strong enough for a water pik type device?  I guess not?  We have a portable device that we travel with.  It doesn’t seem as good.  We charge the portable with a USB charger.

What about for charging a Sonicare toothbrush? Is the outlet pretty high or sink level?

The outlet is in the ceiling above the sink. It is okay for the water pik but the cord on the water pik isn't long enough to reach. We had to use the portable one that we also had and don't like as much. We charged our sonicare toothbrush but had to put it on the highest shelf in the bathroom to reach and leave the cabinet door open. Luckily the toothbrush holds its charge for quite a while so we didn't have to do it often.

Here is a photo of the bathroom in our Reflection stateroom (Jan 2019).  The hand drawn arrow points to the outlet that is being described in the other posts.  We also used that outlet to charge our toothbrushes and razor.  However the short cord length meant that you had to place the items to be charged on the top-most shelf as Luvcrusn said.

image.thumb.jpeg.501baab9540ed7f7d184c5df3e5c7bb0.jpeg

I understand that you don't need to charge a Sonicare every day.  You might be best off charging it in another location in your room.  I know it's a little awkward and inconvenient, but that's life on a ship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

I understand that you don't need to charge a Sonicare every day.  You might be best off charging it in another location in your room.  I know it's a little awkward and inconvenient, but that's life on a ship.

I hardly ever had to recharge my Sonicare except on a really long cruise, it hs lasted about ten days. When I needed to recharge I would recharge it at, another outlet. I n a couple of hours it would be good for another 10 days. Probably people who keep it on charge all the time at home don't relize how long the charge lasts. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Do you want to explain to my dentist why I am not brushing my teeth?  🤣

/kidding

• Haha 1

I usually charge my sonicare in another outlet. I think my parents got an extension cord from the steward that they otherwise left coiled under their bed on Millennium so they could use their WaterPiks, etc. It was a long Panama Canal cruise so worth it. 

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Do you want to explain to my dentist why I am not brushing my teeth?  🤣

/kidding

There is a new invention called a manual toothbrush for those times when electricity is not available.

No charging is required.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Zitsky may not be capable of brushing teeth manually.    Some of the passengers traveling have numerous physical challenges.

I could say I’m too stupid to use a manual toothbrush.  But the truth is that my dentist won’t be happy if I use a manual toothbrush for 2 weeks.  And they are the ones with the loud, painful dental instruments.  I’d like for them to be happy so that I’m happy.

Did you know they make electric toothbrushes that tell you when to stop?  What will they think of next?!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zitsky said:

And they are the ones with the loud, painful dental instruments.  I’d like for them to be happy so that I’m happy.

Yup.  Brush, floss, brush, waterpic and still get "the treatment." 

Replacement cords on Amazon come in extended lengths that will allow you to use the ceiling plug and the countertop space.  YMMV depending on exact model. The necessary power ratings should be on your plug transformer; a generic is fine. 

5 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Replacement cords on Amazon come in extended lengths that will allow you to use the ceiling plug and the countertop space.  YMMV depending on exact model. The necessary power ratings should be on your plug transformer; a generic is fine. 

Aren’t extension cords a no no or is a replacement cord a ok?

I use a water pik.   The outlet in the bath ones not support it.   I will plug it into a outlet in the cabin and let the water flow into the trash can or just swallow it    It is water and the stuff in between my teeth is already in my mouth and stuff I ate.  No reason to spit it out.   Plus the extra water keeps me hydrated 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1