Return of the Jedi… Ovation of the Seas, Live Aug 26 - Sept 2

43 minutes ago, justKirbo said:

Hit up Dutch Bros for morning coffee. They have at least one if not more in Grants Pass.

Dutch Bros is defintely on the agenda for before we hit the road….  This motel coffee is abominable. We’re at a Red Lion.  This stuff is undrinkable.  

Fun Fact: Dutch Bros coffee, which is a central Cali institution and favorite of everyone i know, was founded right here in Grants Pass, OR.  I tell all my central CA friends that and they are surprised.  They think it is a local chain.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 10:13 AM, Tree_skier said:

I’ll try not to break her before you get on. 

21 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As much as we all appreciate the updates at time from your friend Rusty we hope that he remains silent this week.

I just hope that the review can be finished before passing "GO".😉

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

We’re at a Red Lion

Wow that's a blast from the past. The Red Loin was the KC Chiefs hotel  I stayed at every year for 12 years with the Chiefs when they played Seattle. It had a great bar and when the team stayed there it was always packed with girls. Needless to say fun times.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I have had way too much time on my hands for the last two weeks.  So to fill that time one morning I decided to experiment with Google earth.  This was inspired by @Sea Dog but is nowhere near his brilliant editing skills.  I’m just a novice with a MacBook Pro. 

Awesome job! Have a great time. I'm looking forward to the week.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I just hope that the review can be finished before passing "GO".😉

I have great confidence that it will. I will only be posting here and Bells going forward. 

That should be safe. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

22 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I have had way too much time on my hands for the last two weeks.  So to fill that time one morning I decided to experiment with Google earth.  This was inspired by @Sea Dog but is nowhere near his brilliant editing skills.  I’m just a novice with a MacBook Pro. 

I love this.  Well done!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Dutch Bros is defintely on the agenda for before we hit the road….  This motel coffee is abominable. We’re at a Red Lion.  This stuff is undrinkable.  

Fun Fact: Dutch Bros coffee, which is a central Cali institution and favorite of everyone i know, was founded right here in Grants Pass, OR.  I tell all my central CA friends that and they are surprised.  They think it is a local chain.

I didn't realize they were also in CA. I was pretty sure they started in Grants Pass but I thought they were only in OR and WA.
I think we've been to the one you took the picture of. We used to stop in GP when driving to CA.

11 minutes ago, justKirbo said:

I didn't realize they were also in CA. I was pretty sure they started in Grants Pass but I thought they were only in OR and WA.
I think we've been to the one you took the picture of. We used to stop in GP when driving to CA.

People in central CA act like it’s a local thing, special to Fresno. 

• Haha 2

After ridiculous traffic we finally made it to Seattle. Over and hour and a half delay on the I5. 

DW is chilling at the hotel (Hilton Seattle). I I have ventured to Pikes Place Market to see the sights. 

im a lot little late so a lot has closed down but I stumbled across a great little wine bar wit a view. 

7FD8485D-06E7-4319-A7E0-78A584B777A2.thumb.jpeg.e0f8aedbebb6e476150399e8fc19bc7a.jpeg4D9E844C-B89D-4F54-A56B-58E9A5215A32.thumb.jpeg.2e0c68803de859d4c3a463984ebadeef.jpeg

After that I wondered and discovered what I thought was a neat little bistro. Once seated I quickly realized I’m the only strait guy here and there is some sort of floor show. 

😲

we’ll see how this goes. The location is great. The food is good and they serve drinks. 

I tried the Charcuterie 

53443A3E-E4B0-4D3B-8E69-AEC4B15DF418.thumb.jpeg.259846509b77457a3631321f70ad1475.jpeg

4FDEFAF3-D31D-4D4A-B00F-133E3B419ADA.thumb.jpeg.a3612b3941b8ea62af7014f1218ab636.jpeg

90A3EB11-D228-4B19-A7D1-2A77F0B6360B.thumb.jpeg.0d4eafe609f8333985e652fc76c01ff2.jpeg

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 5

So instead of Uber I used one of those Bird scooters. That seemed lIke a decision fueled by bad decision juice.  I survived. Back at the hotel. I left the restaurant before the show. Nothing good was going to happen after dark. We’re boarding tomorrow. See you then. 

4413D7C1-367B-4922-BA05-8B84E73997A2.thumb.jpeg.9fd1944be4d2b52c17376f8ce1f4d735.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So instead of Uber I used one of those Bird scooters. That seemed lIke a decision fueled by bad decision juice.  I survived. 

You seem to have better balance than I do. Good for you, using the scooter though. 😀

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

So instead of Uber I used one of those Bird scooters.

I've been tempted a few times.  But that seems like a situation where my brain would think one thing and my body another.  Probably not good. Glad you survived.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

The original Starbucks 

C5C1ACB9-5F3C-4DB4-98B3-414A3F8B7855.thumb.jpeg.1ee9815bc4fec6b2e28c040dd392f806.jpeg

Not really the original, but saying it is, brings the tourists flocking in 😉

The first Starbucks store was located in Seattle at 2000 Western Avenue from 1971 to 1976. They later moved the café to 1912 Pike Place.[16] During this time, Starbucks stores sold just coffee beans and not drinks.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Not really the original, but saying it is, brings the tourists flocking in 😉

The first Starbucks store was located in Seattle at 2000 Western Avenue from 1971 to 1976. They later moved the café to 1912 Pike Place.[16] During this time, Starbucks stores sold just coffee beans and not drinks.”

Thanks for the factoid...

Did you have to go and hide the sun today?  I was expecting better from you 😝

Good Morning one and all.

The best day of the year is here.  The day when your cruise planner reads the following...

image.thumb.png.63e264599cee6ad8d5f289ffd2859f6d.png

0 Days to go.

My Royal offer was declined so it is an obstructed balcony on deck 7 for us.  The email did say that it would be reviewed by staff onboard if there were cancelations but I never seem to win these sorts of things.  

This is my 4th cruise since the restart and I have had RoyalUp bids from weak to strong and haven't won a single one.  Apparently, I don't live right...

We just getting ready and plan to leave the room around 10:15. We have parking arranged at the pier and an 11:00 am checkin. I'm a 15 minute drive from the pier.  By the time we walk from the parking lot and hand luggage off to the porters we should be golden.

See you onboard.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

The best day of the year is here.  The day when your cruise planner reads the following...

image.thumb.png.63e264599cee6ad8d5f289ffd2859f6d.png

I took a screenshot on my phone of the same thing!! Zero day is the best day.

The top of the Space Needle (in person) is now orange. It seems like it's a different color every time I visit Seattle.