Can you tour another X ship while in port together?

yvonneh

I'm pretty sure that you cannot. Back in 2001, on our first cruise on the Mercury, the new Infinity was docked next to us and we were allowed to tour and it really wowed us.

However between 911 and Covid, I don't think it is allowed.

You may see touring groups during port calls. Those are local tour guides, travel agents and maybe local officials. But none of ‘us’. 

My mother once got in the wrong line…the ship next to us. They kindly brought her over to our ship. She was so shook up even when we and ship staff told her there was No Way she would have got on the wrong ship….but didnt keep her from deciding she would Never cruse again. 

Oh well. 

Den

Pre Covid some lines permitted visits. I first saw Crystal Symphony when they were in port with Crystal Serenity. Celebrity at one time permitted visits, but you were required to file a request at the Miami HQ and they said “no” more than “yes”.

Celebrity allowed family of employees to come on board for the day as late as 2019 that I can remember. Travel agent groups still do tours and people previewing the ship with sales (FAM visits) is not uncommon but that is arranged well in advance. A random guest just checking out a new ship would be pretty unlikely. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212

We loved the crew family days.  It was so great to see the children of crew members get to see where Mom or Dad worked and crew who are not normally allowed to eat at the Oceanview could take the family there.  I hope we get to a point soon where the family days start again.

• Like 3