Diamond Drinks... How is the new setup working...

24-105L

We used this on our recent cruise as well.  I had already purchased the refreshment package and I got a good deal on it so I kept it while using my diamond vouchers for alcoholic drinks and specialty coffee.  It was great!

I would have 3-5 non alcoholic beverages a day and maybe 2 or 3 alcoholic beverages a day.

Edited by slyster

On 8/27/2022 at 3:50 PM, Russ Lomas said:

I had a couple left over a few days on our cruise a couple weeks ago.  I never thought about cashing them in to get a couple bottles or cans to put in my fridge.  This is why I read CruiseCritic forums.  Thanks for the idea.  I will know better for next time now.

Our fridge onboard the Voyager...currently overnighting in Oslo, Norway.

20220826_155541.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, gave this a good effort to see if any previous comments...but didn't find any.  Soooo...

We're going on a mega ship in October 22, and we're wondering if our diamond voucher drinks apply to the bionic arm drink mixer?   We've never even used that bionic arm, but might be something interesting to do.  Thanx in advance for any info on this.  It's sept 8 today [2022].   

1 minute ago, LinRon3 said:

Ok, gave this a good effort to see if any previous comments...but didn't find any.  Soooo...

We're going on a mega ship in October 22, and we're wondering if our diamond voucher drinks apply to the bionic arm drink mixer?   We've never even used that bionic arm, but might be something interesting to do.  Thanx in advance for any info on this.  It's sept 8 today [2022].   

No.  Bionic bar not included.  

2 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

2 hours ago, island lady said:

No.  Bionic bar not included.  

As noted, the Bionic Bar is not included, but you can watch it make a drink.    Interesting to watch.... once. I don't get the appeal.  

M

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

As noted, the Bionic Bar is not included, but you can watch it make a drink.    Interesting to watch.... once. I don't get the appeal.  

M

Me neither.  Love the interaction with a real bartender.  The Bionic man seems a little stiff and heartless to me.  😉 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

Bionic bar isn’t included. It also has a tendency to spill some of the drink so you don’t always get a full glass. Last October on the Odyssey it was forever spilling drinks. Had a crew member always there to wipe up the mess. She said she hated it.

On 8/27/2022 at 9:46 AM, dodgestang said:

Works fine, you just need to pay close attention.  Got home from Alaska earlier this week and discover the one night in the MDR that I didn't buy a bottle of wine, I was charged for drinks (when they should have used my diamond vouchers).....not going to quivel over $45 but if I had been paying closer attention I could have had the concierge fix it prior to the end of the cruise.

So, I guess you have to tell them every time you order a drink that you want to use a voucher?

31 minutes ago, Peachy59 said:

So, I guess you have to tell them every time you order a drink that you want to use a voucher?

You don't have to but I choose to. Adding the words "diamond drink" to my order isn't exactly a hassle.

"I'd like an XYZ, diamond drink, please."

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

You don't have to but I choose to. Adding the words "diamond drink" to my order isn't exactly a hassle.

"I'd like an XYZ, diamond drink, please."

Yup, that's how I usually do it.  Just forgot in the MDR...and it bit me 😉